Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 08:16 PM

1,088 posts, read 1,463,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
Color choices...such a personal thing. And I'd really have to study all the colors together, and then it would be MY preferences, which may not be yours. And mine would be to have all shades of blue, if I was starting with blue.

Complimentary. There. You said it. I tend to go more monochromatic, unless they're citrus colors. White or ivory may be somewhat too contrasty. And if you have trouble with greens....maybe yellow?

Paprika seems like a dark brick-burgundy. I think I have to gaze at the Fiesta color page again!
If you look at the Fiesta Color Page, what do you think of Poppy? It's an orange-red and orange falls directly opposite of Blue on the color wheel. So one notch over to orange-red would still look good, I think....

BTW, they haven't officially announced it, but Plum is being retired. It was one of my least favorites, so no biggie. The new 2016 color replacing it is called Claret - here's a look.
Not really my thing but I'm sure there will be some takers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 09:26 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Have any of you Fiesta Ware collectors been to the outlet in West Virginia?

I haven't but I'd like to go this Summer. If you are interested, send me a direct message. We could have a meet up there. I think it would be fun!

I live in Ohio, so it isn't far for me. It's also close to others who live in the Eastern Midwest, Middle Atlantic, Virginia and the Carolinas,and the in-land mid-south.

Let's shop!

I don't collect Fiesta Ware, but I love it. It's so colorful! You can't help but smile when you look at it.

One of the features on Sunday Morning a few years ago was about Fiesta Ware, and a man who had an impressive collection. It seems his mom was a fan and had acquired some pieces. Soon, he was doing the same as an adult, and had amassed quite a few pieces, picking up a serving plate here, and a cup set there. The best part was when he took the show host into the display room and said, This is what we call our Great Wall of China. lol.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:38 AM

1,088 posts, read 1,463,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Have any of you Fiesta Ware collectors been to the outlet in West Virginia?

I haven't but I'd like to go this Summer. If you are interested, send me a direct message. We could have a meet up there. I think it would be fun!

I live in Ohio, so it isn't far for me. It's also close to others who live in the Eastern Midwest, Middle Atlantic, Virginia and the Carolinas,and the in-land mid-south.

Let's shop!
I just realized that you said that you live in Ohio. On both of my trips to Pittsburgh, last Thanksgiving and just a few weeks ago, my friend and I drove out to Millersburg (Holmes County). It is really beautiful (and the Amish keep everything so neat). How far are you from northern WV panhandle?

Old 03-06-2016, 06:24 AM

4,187 posts, read 3,401,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGoZoom View Post
If you look at the Fiesta Color Page, what do you think of Poppy? It's an orange-red and orange falls directly opposite of Blue on the color wheel. So one notch over to orange-red would still look good, I think....

BTW, they haven't officially announced it, but Plum is being retired. It was one of my least favorites, so no biggie. The new 2016 color replacing it is called Claret - here's a look.
Not really my thing but I'm sure there will be some takers.

Thanks. Poppy looks very orange to me. Which means I like it.

I sorta like the claret, too, but only as an accent. If I was setting a Warm Colors table, with Marigold and Scarlet, and, whoah, maybe I NEED some Poppy.

Old 03-12-2016, 07:38 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Anyway, what color do you think would be most complimentary to Lapis?
In my order of preference: lemongrass, sunflower, shamrock, and poppy, and then ivory or white if you're into the neutrals.

What looks really nice with lapis is the 1980s pastel rose. Not the other pastels so much.

Yeah, I spend a lot of time playing with dishes.

Quote:
BTW, they haven't officially announced it, but Plum is being retired.
The retirement of plum was announced officially last fall; production ceased on December 31 but there's still plenty to be had.

Old 03-13-2016, 07:50 AM

Update: Ordered a place setting and biiig mug in Poppy. Threw in a Lemongrass mug just to be different.

Lemongrass mug was clearly a second. Black marks on side, very obvious. Exchange for new one, no problem. Then the place setting arrived. The cup was chipped on the bottom. We asked for just a replacement cup. They sent a whole other place setting, gratis.

Awesome.

PS: I love the Lemongrass color! And now having seen the Poppy, Claret would look great with that, and Tangerine, as a trio.

Old 03-13-2016, 04:10 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
^Where did you order from?

Old 03-13-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
^Where did you order from?

Amazon....I should have specified!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques