U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 12:37 PM

2,761 posts, read 4,141,916 times

Advertisements

I recently have come into a rather large collection of star wars action figures.
They are in original packaging. 3" size.
I don't believe there is one complete set, but maybe.

The volume of the collection is intimidating. I actually had to pull a car out o the garage to make room for the collection.

The collection starts around the time of the 'orange' card and 'green' card sets.

Collectors items are not my thing, and I don't really have time to sell this stuff individually. However, I know a collection this size as a whole won't have much value to most people.
Can anyone recommend a good plan of action to get some sort of return on this?
I'm sure some work is required.
Perhaps a flea market? Set up a table? Or perhaps try selling small chunks of the collection to other collectors at flea markets?

I have a full time job, and running around daily to various flea markets or swap meets is not something I'm very interested in. I have a feeling my only option may be to spend a lot of time on weekends at various shows or swap meets with this stuff.

What do people do when they want to move this stuff ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 12:50 PM

35,324 posts, read 25,177,423 times
Ebay if they have the time. There are some guides to the runs/variances in figures out there. Selling singly would maximize the money brought in, but maximizes your time cost. It really depends on the value of your time.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:30 PM

25,630 posts, read 30,432,723 times
Not as much as the 1977-1983. Do your reasearch your question is really to broad to answer fully on here. Ebay, amazon, collectors forums, magazines, etc....

Old 09-21-2013, 09:11 PM

50 posts, read 68,931 times
Are you anywhere near any of these?

Illinois Conventions | Anime Cons, Comic Cons, Sci-Fi Cons and More

Maybe you could set up in their vendor area for a day and move a lot of merchandise.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellcondo4 View Post
Are you anywhere near any of these?

Illinois Conventions | Anime Cons, Comic Cons, Sci-Fi Cons and More

Maybe you could set up in their vendor area for a day and move a lot of merchandise.
Thank you so much much posing this link. I will definitely look into this soon.
I was hoping to find something like this.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:27 PM

50 posts, read 68,931 times
Good luck!

Old 10-05-2013, 08:48 AM

4,153 posts, read 7,954,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Thank you so much much posing this link. I will definitely look into this soon.
I was hoping to find something like this.
I also suggest doing a little search before selling. There is a hand full of variants that sell for a few extra bucks like the Long Saber figures (Darth Vader, Obi Wan, and Luke Skywalker). They made these with a short saber and a long saber...the long sabers ran the entire length of the plastic container holding the figure while the short saber was much smaller and more common. I can't recall if all the long saber figures came with two different cards are not but I know the Obi Wan did. The back side has a half facial picture and a full facial picture...I think the full facial is more rare. Also, they had a special addition Luke Skywalker that was "ONLY" given out at the theater to those who attended the re-release of Star Wars around 1997/1998. Its been some time but I believe these cards state "Theater" on them. If you had this card/figure, let me know.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
I also suggest doing a little search before selling. There is a hand full of variants that sell for a few extra bucks like the Long Saber figures (Darth Vader, Obi Wan, and Luke Skywalker). They made these with a short saber and a long saber...the long sabers ran the entire length of the plastic container holding the figure while the short saber was much smaller and more common. I can't recall if all the long saber figures came with two different cards are not but I know the Obi Wan did. The back side has a half facial picture and a full facial picture...I think the full facial is more rare. Also, they had a special addition Luke Skywalker that was "ONLY" given out at the theater to those who attended the re-release of Star Wars around 1997/1998. Its been some time but I believe these cards state "Theater" on them. If you had this card/figure, let me know.
Thanks, i will look into the saber lengths. I do recall there being different lengths, and I'm quite certain I have quite a few of the long saber variants.
Unfortunately for me, I did have the movie theatre Luke at one time. Sadly, over the years I was unable to keep that figure in my possesion. I knew at the time it would most likely be worth something as time went on. Any idea what that Theatre Luke is worth these days? I was always curious if that figure had any value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques