U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:14 AM

2,073 posts, read 4,942,418 times

Advertisements

lol funny thread. This may sound snobby, but I absolutely hate touching money, and if I have to, like at work, I always wash my hands as soon as I can.... and watch the black water come off of my hands from all of the grime on the money. ew.

I like to use a charge card all the time, maybe you should collect those instead, a lot less germs involved. Just a suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 03:22 PM

39,396 posts, read 47,442,646 times
Oh no, everytime you use that charge card the magnetic strip picks up all the germs from all the previous cards that were run through the machine.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:05 PM

2,073 posts, read 4,942,418 times
*Gags at how much more dirt is in money than a simple charge card*

Old 02-15-2008, 09:29 PM

39,396 posts, read 47,442,646 times
I've never gotten sick handling money, but man when I see that charge card bill from spouse, I throw up.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:34 PM

85 posts, read 533,031 times
Default I hear ya, I have the same problem

I hear ya, I have the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
I've never gotten sick handling money, but man when I see that charge card bill from spouse, I throw up.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:13 PM

28,134 posts, read 39,743,122 times
Wow, someone with the same hobby I have.

Obviously a beginner as I have worked my way through $1, $5, $10, $20, $50 and am now working on collecting $100 dollar bills.

So if you are sending a dollar to the OP will you also send me a $100 dollar bill?

I appreciate it as the collecting process seems to go slower for the larger denominations.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:08 PM

9 posts, read 41,698 times
Anybody could do this...i wonder how many people actually sent him a dollar..

Old 07-16-2008, 10:02 AM

85 posts, read 533,031 times
Angry Still waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krys... View Post
Anybody could do this...i wonder how many people actually sent him a dollar..
Nobody has sent me any as of yet. I am still waiting as I my collection seems to be getting smaller each day that goes by.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:24 AM
miu

17,099 posts, read 34,524,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannl View Post
I like to collect Dollar Bills as a hobby. Each and every Dollar Bill is different from one another. Would you send me a Dollar Bill to add to my collection if I were to ask you for one. If one million people would send me a one Dollar Bill I would have one million Dollar Bills, but agian they would all be defferent from one another. Then again they would only be worth one Dollar each or would they be worth more as a collection as I then would have one million items that are the same but would really be different from one another. Let me know if you would send me one to add to my collection if I were to ask you for one. One good thing about collecting Dollar Bills is my wife does not seem to get upset about it and she tells me at least the Dollar Bills don't take up a lot of space in the house.
So dollar bills are like snowflakes... lol

Old 07-27-2008, 11:40 PM

42 posts, read 121,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannl View Post
I like to collect Dollar Bills as a hobby. Each and every Dollar Bill is different from one another. Would you send me a Dollar Bill to add to my collection if I were to ask you for one. If one million people would send me a one Dollar Bill I would have one million Dollar Bills, but agian they would all be defferent from one another. Then again they would only be worth one Dollar each or would they be worth more as a collection as I then would have one million items that are the same but would really be different from one another. Let me know if you would send me one to add to my collection if I were to ask you for one. One good thing about collecting Dollar Bills is my wife does not seem to get upset about it and she tells me at least the Dollar Bills don't take up a lot of space in the house.
Thats strange hobby, mine is collecting stamps. i have collection of 3789 stamps from different countries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques