Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 10:17 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,526,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Well more like Buffalo Bob.

But this ne was real
During WWII there was a woman known as the Witch of Buchenwald or the Beast of Buchenwald. Her name was Ilse Koch. She took the tattooed skin off dead people and made things out of it. She was also one bug s**t crazy woman.

Here is some light reading for you.
Ilse Koch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
People believe anything about the Third Reich. They certainly never trouble themselves about evidence. German courts at that time were under the thumb of what we might call unsavory outside influences.

Where's the lampshade?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 09:34 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,244,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
People believe anything about the Third Reich. They certainly never trouble themselves about evidence. German courts at that time were under the thumb of what we might call unsavory outside influences.

Where's the lampshade?

So you're saying she's innocent and made into a scapegoat?

Old 02-20-2015, 11:39 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,394,866 times
Theres actually a TV show called "Oddities" where they sell just this kind of thing. I think its on Netflix.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:43 PM

948 posts, read 682,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCoriander View Post
There are some human flesh-bound books at the Mütter Museum in Philly. Often they were made from patient's "donations" to their doctors. I highly recommend the museum for all sorts of interesting reasons.
Thanks, Orange. Now that you mentioned that Museum, it made me recall seeing it on a documentary program about the bizarre. As I recall, the Museum also includes an exhibit on the original Siamese Twins, Chang and Eng. Sideshow oddities such as those Siamese Twins is one of my main interests. In fact, my all-time favorite film is Tod Browning's Freaks which was notable for using actual, real-life freaks. I wonder if anybody else here has seen that film. Originally banned in some towns, the film has now become a classic.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:32 AM

Violet and Daisy Hilton, the true-life Conjoined Twins who appeared in the aforementioned Freaks film, also appeared again in the film, Chained For Life.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:38 AM

195 posts, read 185,456 times
My high school principal served as a guard for a while, on that Nazi woman. she existed and she did it.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:12 PM

When I introduced the Siamese-Twins and other such human-oddities, I wondered about collectibles from those true-life sideshows. So far, I have just books about their biographies. But what other collectibles are available?

Old 03-14-2015, 11:28 PM

What would you like to own? If we know we can suggest other objets that we may have seen.

I'm curious about something. What price did the lampshade bring? Had it been authnticated?

Do you like weapons? I've seen Chinese beheading swords on ebay.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:02 PM

Members of Norwegian units of the Waffen SS collected the boiled skulls of Bolsheviks as trophies. I suspect that those would be almost impossible to find, but something similar is available. There's a large variety on ebay.

Real Genuine Articulated Human Skull | eBay

Old 03-19-2015, 01:10 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,394,866 times
Speaking of "dark" artifacts. I have 4 Nazi medals that my grandfather brought back from WW2. They were off of soldiers that he personally killed, or that his unit killed. I have them in a display box in my office. I usually leave off the "dead people" part of the story when people ask about them. I had one guy try to tell me they were fake and that I must have been gipped when I bought them, I had to explain it to him and he was pretty quiet the rest of the night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques