Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2022, 03:57 AM

1 posts, read 720 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have always like things...different things for different reasons..beauty...mechanical operation etc. But have never really bought and sold items from any particular collection. However... I'm an artist and I've had a gallery in the past and it started as just accents and decoration, to have small collections of things...well just before I closed it and moved back here to oregon I started to sell them and it was well received...so I'm looking to open a boutique store/ gallery here. I have 2 or 3 thousand sports trading cards....7 or 8 hundred comics...over 1000 watches...hundreds of pieces of depression glass... cpl hundred full unopened avon bottles...over a hundred vintage music boxes, over 1000 lapel pins...flatware, jewelry etc etc etc...so you get the idea...but trying to find prices has been difficult to say the least...what I'm wondering..are there any price guides out there that are actually usefull...I've looked at a lot and they have a few pictures a few prices and endless pages of personal opinions...are there books that for example list one companies products by year...maybe number made and a price or value range(I know prices vary) but just enough to give you an idea of relative worth...??? Thank you for giving me the opportunity to inquire...my apologies for being so long winded...and any! Help would be very much appreciated...oh not much of an online person I prefer brick and morter and being able to meet people

Buddy Van Buren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2022, 10:27 AM

32,632 posts, read 47,964,911 times
You are in Oregon so you can follow auction prices for collectibles at McLaren Auction Services (McMinnville). They sell some of the types of stuff that you have collected. Not comic books, but a lot of your other collectibles.

They seem to have a good solid customer base, so prices are probably a good representation of the market.

Old 04-28-2022, 09:42 AM

28 posts, read 16,504 times
Yea search available auction in your region
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques