Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 01:26 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,313 times

Advertisements

So, who y'all think are the top returning/incoming running backs this year in college ball?

Being the Oregon fan I am, I of course feel Oregon will once again be up there with our young group of backs, LaMichael James, Kenyon Barner, and two of the top incoming freshman backs, Lache Seastruck and Dontae Williams. I do think our backs will have more receiving yards because we are slim at receiver so I forsee more swing passes to them.

But, I think the kid from VaTech (Williams) and Noel Devine (WVU) are great too and will both have good years. I found this top ten list and I can agree with some of it.

What do you all think?

**Here's where we can all talk about specific players and the reasons behind that and not just sit there and say Player X/Team X is better than Player Y/Team Y because they play in Conference Z or Historical Program W. Bring reasons and knowledge please. You get it?

Top 10 Running Backs for 2010 | Heismanpundit

My darkhorse back is Dillon Baxter at, ugh, USC. That kid has some straight up talent. Too bad he went to USC, but he's still talented.

Last edited by Acuda; 06-28-2010 at 01:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 06:47 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,605,929 times
That list is BS. Not even an honorable mention for Demarco Murray? pffftt.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:04 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
I played against Kenjon Barner is HS.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:03 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Agreed and no Vai Taua from Nevada?

Vai Taua Stats, News, Photos - Nevada Wolf Pack - NCAA College Football - ESPN

from espn.com

2009 numbers: Had 172 carries for 1,345 yards and 10 touchdowns. Also had 99 receiving yards and two scores.

Making the case for Taua: Taua was part of a three-headed rushing attack that made up the best running game in college football last year. He’s the rushing workhorse for the Wolf Pack and it was apparent how much he meant to the team after it struggled without him in the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl. Taua had academic issues that kept him out of the bowl, but he’s learned from them and said he’s coming into his senior season with a resolve to be a more well-rounded and stronger player. If he can do that, he could be one of the best backs in the country.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Yeah, no joke. Murray has to be a senior, right? The kid seems to have been there for 7 years.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I played against Kenjon Barner is HS.
Did you grow up in Southern California? What school did you go to?

I played corner back for Bishop Amat back in the 90's (man, has it been that long?), when we were good.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:38 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Did you grow up in Southern California? What school did you go to?

I played corner back for Bishop Amat back in the 90's (man, has it been that long?), when we were good.
St. Thomas Aquinas in San Bernardino. Barner went to Notre Dame, our arch rival.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:13 PM

738 posts, read 2,956,994 times
While I love Ryan Williams, I don't agree with the article that his production will remain the same. I think he and Darren Evans will share a good portion of the carries at VT. I do agree that I think Ryan Williams is the better back, but it's tough to argue that letting him rest and alternating carries with Darren Evans wont produce great results. I'm also hoping VT tosses in some two-back formations also - expect a wicked running game from them this year with Williams and Evans plus T. Taylor in the backfield.

I'd expect Ingram to drop a bit in production as well, since Trent Richardson is crazy talented as well. I see them beginning to split more carries this season too.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:05 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,304,635 times
Quizz Rodgers will be the best RB in the Pac12 this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football