U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 11-01-2010, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
1,925 posts, read 1,905,539 times
Reputation: 733
All this talking about Oregon: 1. Being ranked #1 2. Being a shoe in for the NC 3. Winning a NC 4. Being the best team...

...IS GONNA CURSE IT!

I've taken to hanging garlic by my door, tying knots and placing them everywhere, spreading incense all around, collecting shamrocks, kidnapping leprechauns, converting to Catholicism, then to Judaism, then to Islam, back to Judaism, then to Buddhism. I've sold my dog, sold my home, sold my fiance, and even my soul ($19.95, man the economy is tough).

But, the lowest I've stooped this year...and I am so ashamed, I've even rooted for the Washington Fuskies to win a few in order to boost our computer rankings...I know, I feel dirty.

So, please do not curse it.

Last edited by Acuda; 11-01-2010 at 02:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-01-2010, 02:56 PM
 
Location: GIlbert, AZ
2,803 posts, read 2,561,505 times
Reputation: 1780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
All this talking about Oregon: 1. Being ranked #1 2. Being a shoe in for the NC 3. Winning a NC 4. Being the best team...

...IS GONNA CURSE IT!

I've taken to hanging garlic by my door, tying knots and placing them everywhere, spreading incense all around, collecting shamrocks, kidnapping leprechauns, converting to Catholicism, then to Judaism, then to Islam, back to Judaism, then to Buddhism. I've sold my dog, sold my home, sold my fiance, and even my soul ($19.95, man the economy is tough).

But, the lowest I've stooped this year...and I am so ashamed, I've even rooted for the Washington Fuskies to win a few in order to boost our computer rankings...I know, I feel dirty.

So, please do not curse it.
Im only a little worried about Oregon St. Feels like the 90s when Oregon went to the Rose bowl (93 or 94 I think), and the Beaver Game scared the crap out of me. I actually called in sick because my stomach was that much in knots...This team however seems to like to let the competition think it can play with it, and then it explodes in the 2nd half. Much like a tiger does with its prey. Lets just hope our Duck has to do over 500 push ups before the season ends. I wonder if there is an under/over on the push-ups?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Status: "marry ya anyway" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Texas
4,648 posts, read 3,848,943 times
Reputation: 4928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hp1167 View Post
Does any of this matter?

Right now... Oregon goes if they win out. Auburn/Alabama go if they win out.

The only interesting twist to the SEC is if the SEC East wins the SEC championship... then what?

I'm still confused about TCU passing Boise State. I mean, I get it, but I don't like it.
I didn't even think about that. And I believe South Carolina could do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2010, 05:04 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
3,394 posts, read 2,509,597 times
Reputation: 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
All this talking about Oregon: 1. Being ranked #1 2. Being a shoe in for the NC 3. Winning a NC 4. Being the best team...

...IS GONNA CURSE IT!

I've taken to hanging garlic by my door, tying knots and placing them everywhere, spreading incense all around, collecting shamrocks, kidnapping leprechauns, converting to Catholicism, then to Judaism, then to Islam, back to Judaism, then to Buddhism. I've sold my dog, sold my home, sold my fiance, and even my soul ($19.95, man the economy is tough).

But, the lowest I've stooped this year...and I am so ashamed, I've even rooted for the Washington Fuskies to win a few in order to boost our computer rankings...I know, I feel dirty.

So, please do not curse it.

I don't think there is anything you can do to curse the Ducks Acuda. They aren't "lucking out" or "just getting by" teams, they are literally destroying them. That comes from great coaching and players that have trust in their coach. I don't see anyone beating the Ducks all the way right up until they win the NC game; they are that good. No curses! And kudos to them and their coaching staff. One of the best teams I've seen play in awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2010, 05:22 AM
 
16,623 posts, read 13,846,932 times
Reputation: 11466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I didn't even think about that. And I believe South Carolina could do it.

south carolina could do it.. but if y'all want to talk about jinxing it... our whole team is riding on Lattimore this year. we have talent on both sides of the ball that is similar to what we've had the past 3 or 4 years -- he is the difference maker, the big cog that turns the whole machine past .500. if he sustains an injury our SECC/BCS dreams go poof.

i want to see Oregon play someone from the SEC in the MNC, personally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 AM
 
2,721 posts, read 2,141,603 times
Reputation: 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
I don't think there is anything you can do to curse the Ducks Acuda. They aren't "lucking out" or "just getting by" teams, they are literally destroying them. That comes from great coaching and players that have trust in their coach. I don't see anyone beating the Ducks all the way right up until they win the NC game; they are that good. No curses! And kudos to them and their coaching staff. One of the best teams I've seen play in awhile.
NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!

Oregon still has to play Washington, Cal, #15 Arizona, AND Oregon State.
Any one of those teams has the ability to upset the ducks!

I mean, heck, only half of the tough part of their schedule is over. Now they have to play the other half.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Status: "marry ya anyway" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Texas
4,648 posts, read 3,848,943 times
Reputation: 4928
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
south carolina could do it.. but if y'all want to talk about jinxing it... our whole team is riding on Lattimore this year. we have talent on both sides of the ball that is similar to what we've had the past 3 or 4 years -- he is the difference maker, the big cog that turns the whole machine past .500. if he sustains an injury our SECC/BCS dreams go poof.

i want to see Oregon play someone from the SEC in the MNC, personally.
That guy is a stud. I knew that early on watching him play against Georgia. Talk about BCS chaos if SC won the SEC and Oregon were to slip up (doubtful). Stranger things have happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2010, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
1,925 posts, read 1,905,539 times
Reputation: 733
Oregon's often overlooked running back, Kenjon Barner, who we consider running back 1B has been officially cleared to play against Washington after a horrific concussion which he barely remembers. It was so bad his good friend LaMicheal James was in tears on the sideline with concern over his friend. Kenjon is a f***in stud and could easily start for a ton of schools. He is one of the best kick/punt returners in college football and is ready to straight out destroy the Fuskies. What I love about this kid is he is just a humble kid and doesn't try to prove he is more than anything he is.

"I'm definitely nervous," said Barner

“You can’t think about that come gametime,” he said.

Kid is tops in my opinion.

Oregon football: The perpetually sunny Kenjon Barner returns from a terrifying hit at Washington State, and will play without fear or reservation | OregonLive.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 04:54 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
3,394 posts, read 2,509,597 times
Reputation: 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!

Oregon still has to play Washington, Cal, #15 Arizona, AND Oregon State.
Any one of those teams has the ability to upset the ducks!

I mean, heck, only half of the tough part of their schedule is over. Now they have to play the other half.
True, they have a lot to play, but thus far they have just been destroying teams. I don't see anyone beating them, but you are correct, they still have games left to play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 11:51 AM
 
308 posts, read 238,307 times
Reputation: 137
Some big time games this weekend:
Baylor @ OK St
TCU @ Utah
Alabama @ LSU
Arkansas @ S. Carolina
Arizona @ Stanford

Predictions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:47 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top