Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:07 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,266,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
At least FF corrected his post. You Fail worse. Read the post above yours.

To make it to the big one you have win some big ones. The reason * hasn't been to more BCS games and won any more Big12 Championships is because they choke before they even get there.

TT in 2008 LOL. Aggie in 2007, even bigger LOL. Aggie and K-State in 2006, huge LOL. In 2009 they needed the refs to put an extra second on the clock in order to win the Big12!! Talk about choke artists.
2-5 is a lot better than 2-7... LOL!!!!!

(that's sarcasm...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
I'm proud to be a Longhorn fan and a UT alumnus. Hopefully the 'Horns make it to a BCS bowl this year, but I have a few doubts:

1. Offensive line needs improvement over last year, especially with a young QB
2. Gilbert showed flashes of excellence last year, but it remains to be seen if he can be a 'worthy' successor to McCoy and VY and perform at a high level over the course of the season.
3. The running game needs a lot of improvement; this of course depends on the quality of the offensive line.
4. The team hasn't had a healthy pass-catching tight end for a few years now. It'd be nice for one of the TEs to be able to do something other than block.

Having said that, here's to a good season full of UT wins and OU misery. \m/
All good points. The coaches have said this year they are really concentrating on improving the running game. I think we might see some great backs this year in Tre Newton, Vondrell McGee, DJ Monroe, and most of all Foswhitt Whittaker.

I definitely agree about the offensive line... that may be our biggest weak-point this year.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:50 AM

5,543 posts, read 9,448,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
OU always embarrasses themselves in BCS bowl games! I'm almost embarrassed they are in the Big 12 with us... Lets look at their most recent BCS bowl games...

2009 - Florida: 24, OU: 14
2008 - West Virginia: 48, OU: 28
2007 - Boise State: 43, OU: 42 (laughable... BOISE STATE HAHAHAHA)
2005 - USC: 55, OU: 19
2004 - LSU: 21, OU: 14

For the decade 2000 - 2010, OU went 5-5 in bowl games and 2-7 in BCS bowl games. LOL!!!!
Hmmmmm....let's see here:

-The Sooners have 7AP Titles to your 3.
-6 Big 12 Titles to your 2.
-47 game win streak (a record that will not be broken in major college football)
-only program with 4 coaches to have 100 wins
-most wins since the inception of the AP poll
-highest winning pct. in the modern era
-5 Heisman trophy winners
-most weeks ranked as AP#1, top 5, top 10, most weeks ranked as BCS#1, top 5
-most 1st team all-americans
-just for fun = you named your stadium after an Okie!

Longhorn rebuttal? *crickets chirping*

Sorry guys. The facts are the facts. The Longhorns will always be in the giant shadow of the Sooners (at least in football, you can have other sports). Here's to another season as OU's Little Step-Brother!

Old 09-01-2010, 10:12 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,382,723 times
LOL this rules!! Is this what I have to look forward to all year? Sooner fans owning steer fans?

Old 09-01-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
LOL this rules!! Is this what I have to look forward to all year? Sooner fans owning steer fans?
No you have Landry Jones falling apart to look forward to. He's not even that good of a quarter back...

Texas will dominate OU (once again) this year...

Old 09-01-2010, 07:16 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,382,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
No you have Landry Jones falling apart to look forward to. He's not even that good of a quarter back...

Texas will dominate OU (once again) this year...
The only dog I have in this fight, is that I predicted OU to go to the Title Game, because of a weak conference. I did the same thing with V Tech. I think this weird season will be the last straw for the BCS.

I think the best teams will be Bama/Oregon/Iowa at the end of the year, and they'll get snubbed.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:16 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,112,927 times
Boy y(ou)sucks fan love Texas. You like to do our symbol, use our players, come and play a game always in OUR state and even blog in OUR thread. Where is ou-sucks thread?? Dont have one cause they suck!!! You keep posting all these old facts but what was the Last big game you won? The last BCS game you won? You got a walk on kicker for gosh sake.

From what i hear there are holes in the defensive end spot as well as a young seconday for ou-sucks. A qb that locks on to receivers, by the way which is a weak core, and a poor speacial teams like always. Yeah someone post more stats but know this the past is the past and what you do this year is what folks will be talking about. \m/ HOOK 'EM!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 09-01-2010, 10:48 PM

5,543 posts, read 9,448,696 times
Nice....way to deal with the facts, Bud. I post facts and you post a picture of a kid crying. Man, they grow 'em classy in Austin don't they? Of course, we all know you had no data/facts/stats to back up anything you say anyway.

You can spew all you want to...doesn't change the truth = the Sooners will always be superior to the Horns in terms of tradition....past, present, and future. Everybody that is a serious/realistic fan of college football knows it. Maybe it's time for Horn fans to acknowledge it? Texas is second best when compared to OU in football. I know that burns your biscuits, but the facts don't lie, Son.

Seeya in October.

Cheers.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:15 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,802,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Hmmmmm....let's see here:

-The Sooners have 7AP Titles to your 3.
Texas has 4 football national titles 1963, 1969, 1970, 2005.

Quote:
-6 Big 12 Titles to your 2.
Count them again: Texas has 3 Big 12 championships, not 2. 1996 (first year of B12), 2005 and 2009

Sooner math grade: D-
(Sorry, had to drop you for the consecutive simple arithmetic errors)

Quote:
-47 game win streak (a record that will not be broken in major college football)
A streak that is from 1953-1957. Must have gotten jinxed when they launched sputnik.

Quote:
-only program with 4 coaches to have 100 wins
-most wins since the inception of the AP poll
-highest winning pct. in the modern era
Yawn.

# Texas has the higher total winning pct in NCAA football, second to Michigan. Oklahoma is #8.

As for modern era, how about the last decade or so?

# Texas is the only football program to post at least 10 wins in every season since 2001.
# Texas is the only football program to post at least 9 wins in every season since 1998.
# Texas has won 4 out of the last 5 games vs. OU with wins in '05,'06, '08 and '09. Not to mention Texas holds the overall edge in the series, both since inception and in the modern era.
# Texas has the top-grossing program in all of college football, with a significant gap between itself and the #2 program. Honestly, isn't this how people REALLY keep score?

Quote:
Longhorn rebuttal? *crickets chirping*
Math and business were never an OU strong suit. Still appears to be the case.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:42 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,112,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Texas has 4 football national titles 1963, 1969, 1970, 2005.

Count them again: Texas has 3 Big 12 championships, not 2. 1996 (first year of B12), 2005 and 2009

Sooner math grade: D-
(Sorry, had to drop you for the consecutive simple arithmetic errors)

A streak that is from 1953-1957. Must have gotten jinxed when they launched sputnik.

Yawn.

# Texas has the higher total winning pct in NCAA football, second to Michigan. Oklahoma is #8.

As for modern era, how about the last decade or so?

# Texas is the only football program to post at least 10 wins in every season since 2001.
# Texas is the only football program to post at least 9 wins in every season since 1998.
# Texas has won 4 out of the last 5 games vs. OU with wins in '05,'06, '08 and '09. Not to mention Texas holds the overall edge in the series, both since inception and in the modern era.
# Texas has the top-grossing program in all of college football, with a significant gap between itself and the #2 program. Honestly, isn't this how people REALLY keep score?

Math and business were never an OU strong suit. Still appears to be the case.
Give em HELL, Give em HELL, Y(ou) SUCKS!!! I think thats enough stats for ya son!! Seems like there aint enough fans to start that thread for your team. If everyone knows bout that school, where ya thread??? Why the Big 10 want us? Why the Pac 10 us? We are known for great Student athletes and Great players. With a City to match! Besides 30% of ya players are from Texas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football