Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 02:27 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,264,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Whoops, major oversight. I left out Tech.

Here's what it's supposed to look like:

SCC East
A&M
O-State
TCU
Tulsa
Houston
Rice

SCC West
Oklahoma
T-Tech
Texas
Baylor
SMU
UTEP
Can we replace UTEP with North Texas? Cause seriously... nobody wants to travel to El Paso. (it is farrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!)

Oh, and btw...

SCC! SCC! SCC! *chants*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 12:34 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,789,932 times
Quote:
Whoops, major oversight. I left out Tech.

Here's what it's supposed to look like:

SCC East
A&M
O-State
TCU
Tulsa
Houston
Rice

SCC West
Oklahoma
T-Tech
Texas
Baylor
SMU
UTEP
Think ya need to switch TCU and SMU.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:48 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,459,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Go Frogs! Welcome to the Big 12!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
The first half was sloppy but the Frogs came out in the second half and won so I say congratulations to them! I also welcome the Frogs to the Big 12. I never thought I would see any of the old SWC teams be invited to the Big 12 so it's going to be fun!
I agree. TCU is a welcome addition to the mix.

Quote:
Let's go ahead and just invite Tulsa while we're at it and just name it the South-Central Conference. No more northern schools.
You left out Kansas State!!!

But, but who will you bring in to beat Texas?

South-Central conference!! I love it. Will there be GRITS and fried okra available at the snack bar?

Old 12-29-2011, 07:20 PM

5,542 posts, read 9,441,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Think ya need to switch TCU and SMU.
Yeh, I put TCU in the SCC East for balance, even though it obviously makes more sense geographically to have 'em in the West.

Each division has 3 legit teams with a few floaters that might pull out a great season (aka, Baylor/Tulsa etc.)

Old 12-29-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Can we replace UTEP with North Texas? Cause seriously... nobody wants to travel to El Paso. (it is farrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!)

Oh, and btw...

SCC! SCC! SCC! *chants*
Isn't UTEP generally a better program year-to-year?

I agree with the travel. I guess we could expect North Texas to get better with several years in the conference.

And, yes, I'm all about some SCC! SCC! SCC! Anything to shut the SEC homers up with there ridiculous conference chants.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I agree. TCU is a welcome addition to the mix.

You left out Kansas State!!!

But, but who will you bring in to beat Texas?

South-Central conference!! I love it. Will there be GRITS and fried okra available at the snack bar?
Sorry I left your beloved Wildcats out of the mix, RB!

We could make it mandatory that Texas has to play K-State in the out of conference schedule every year to ensure at least 1-loss for the Horns every season.

I don't know about grits at the snack bar, but okra sounds like an excellent suggestion.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:58 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,178,127 times
I think the SCC would have the exact same fate as the SWC, it didn't work once it wont work again.

The whole point of the current conference expansion is to widen your audience base. This conference would ensure no one out of a two state area would care save one game(UT/OU).

Old 12-29-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
I think the SCC would have the exact same fate as the SWC, it didn't work once it wont work again.

The whole point of the current conference expansion is to widen your audience base. This conference would ensure no one out of a two state area would care save one game(UT/OU).
I actually only follow a two-state area (Oklahoma/Texas) type of football anyway that's why I love the idea of the SCC!

Do I care about the PAC, the Mighty Midwest Conference (Big 10), or the ACC? Even the SEC is a snooze-fest to me. I'm all about the Big 12, and specifically the former Big 12 South.

And I find the whole point of widening the conference's audience base detestable. It has (to some extent) killed regional rivalries and traditions as we know it. I mean, can you really fathom college football where two juggernaut programs like the Sooners and Huskers don't play? Such is reality. And I'm not for it one bit.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:00 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,789,932 times
Would be better if the SWC got back together, but due to the current landscape (and if you saw "Pony Exce$$") this is only a fantasy...

Old 12-31-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Would be better if the SWC got back together, but due to the current landscape (and if you saw "Pony Exce$$") this is only a fantasy...
I wouldn't mind a "revamped" SWC like I have proposed in the SCC.

I wouldn't like the old all Texas+ Arkie combo that it was when it folded, however.

Adding the Oklahoma schools gives the SWC much more cache and big time programs for national respect.

The Sooners, of course, were part of the SWC at its formation back in the early 1900's, but got out within ten years I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football