Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2015, 03:04 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,386,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Exceeded most of the experts' expectations (esp. Herbstreit's).

Next week, Kansas. Maybe they should go ahead & start Webb there, to give Mahomes rest. If that doesn't work, then play Mahomes. Too bad Jakeem Grant asked to not play QB again to protect his "best quarterback rating in NCAA history" (think it's something like 2 passes for 2 TD's).
Who cares which QB you're starting with when you're playing Kansas? You don't need to worry about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 07:14 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Quote:
Exceeded most of the experts' expectations (esp. Herbstreit's).

Next week, Kansas. Maybe they should go ahead & start Webb there, to give Mahomes rest. If that doesn't work, then play Mahomes. Too bad Jakeem Grant asked to not play QB again to protect his "best quarterback rating in NCAA history" (think it's something like 2 passes for 2 TD's).
Congrats on the WIN!

Old 10-11-2015, 04:40 PM

2,325 posts, read 3,932,372 times
Thanks, Colt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Who cares which QB you're starting with when you're playing Kansas? You don't need to worry about them.
I'm concerned about Mahomes's injury (want him to at least be able to walk in Norman the following week). He still appeared to be favoring his leg Sat. and did not look like he did a few weeks ago in Arkansas & weeks prior.

Webb isn't Mahomes, but maybe could do well against KU, and Mahomes could rest for the Sooner game. This is just my thinking; no one at Tech has mentioned this possibility.

By the way, Iowa State RB Mike Warren looks like someone to watch in coming years. Didn't know he was a freshman until today.

Was a nice day in Lubbock yesterday.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:38 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Pardon me for buttin' in here, but where has Texas Tech Dave been? Haven't seen him lately.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Pardon me for buttin' in here, but where has Texas Tech Dave been? Haven't seen him lately.
Don't know.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:04 PM

Default Mid-season state of the program

Offense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxP-8uN7E5s

Defense (3:28):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx76F_fRTUQ

Special teams might use some improvement in return coverage, otherwise they're alright, in my opinion. P Taylor Symmank is great.

Old 10-17-2015, 02:04 PM

Default Tech 30, Kansas 20

Got to hand it to the KU coaching staff. They took advantage of Tech's weak points, and had Willis not been a true freshman and had the Jayhawks' kicking game been on, the Jayhawks would have likely won handily.

Was nice to see S Jah'Shawn Johnson step up and essentially bail out the team with the pick-6.

Hate to be Capt. Obvious, but the team has to play a lot better to have any shot next week at Oklahoma.

Old 10-17-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Got to hand it to the KU coaching staff. They took advantage of Tech's weak points, and had Willis not been a true freshman and had the Jayhawks' kicking game been on, the Jayhawks would have likely won handily.

Was nice to see S Jah'Shawn Johnson step up and essentially bail out the team with the pick-6.

Hate to be Capt. Obvious, but the team has to play a lot better to have any shot next week at Oklahoma.
I saw some of your game as I was flipping between Texas Tech-Kansas and West Virginia-Baylor. I saw that pick returned for the game-sealing TD.

You are gonna have to play better against OU. Please come out of Norman with a win.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:36 AM

^Would be nice, but it's going to be difficult. I do think that you'll see a different Tech team than last week. If ever there was a game to be flat for, that was it. Today, there are zero excuses, given the ranked opponent, the venue & crowd (one of the best in the nation), weather (looks like upper 60's & breezy, which may as well describe a typical game this time of yr in Lubbock, only a little more humid), and the 2:30 start. Contrast that to an unseasonably cold early game last week in Lawrence. Game is on ABC or ESPN2, btw.

Old video, but hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJDB2qomVlA

Old 10-24-2015, 05:00 PM

Damn.

Sorry about the beatdown in Norman. I sincerely hope you pull out an upset further down the road, because i want to see you guys in a bowl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football