Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:57 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,014,971 times

Advertisements

This article absolutely nails it in my book:

Boise State Broncos can't buck this trend - ESPN

Old 10-26-2010, 09:25 PM

5,004 posts, read 7,846,055 times
They better play with more urgency in their upcoming games. Everyone is going to give them their best shot. Very poor tackling tonight. Sure didn't look like the number 3 team in the nation.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:31 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,124,981 times
A team worthy of a #3 ranking should be playing Louisiana State University, not Louisiana Tech.

Probably explains why Auburn is #1 and can hold that if they win out.
Explains why Boise State is #3 and will drop even if they win out.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:11 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,435,246 times
Boise State play average and yet still win comfortably.

*Waits for the 'its only LA Tech'*

Old 10-26-2010, 11:37 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,014,971 times
How come win Wisconsin beats a team like San Jose State 27-14 or Auburn squeaks by Kentucky, it's because "good teams know how to win?" But when Boise State blows them out 48-0 it's because they "don't play anyone?"

When it's all said and done, if BSU goes undefeated they may have beaten four ranked teams - Virginia Tech, Oregon State, Nevada and Hawaii. That's a schedule comparable or tougher than Oregon's (who BSU has beaten two years in a row). Auburn will likely have played four ranked teams, too, though admittedly their ranked opponents will have been tougher.

If an undefeated Oregon or TCU gets a shot at the title over an undefeagted BSU it will be a travesty.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:52 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,435,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners fan View Post
How come win Wisconsin beats a team like San Jose State 27-14 or Auburn squeaks by Kentucky, it's because "good teams know how to win?" But when Boise State blows them out 48-0 it's because they "don't play anyone?"

When it's all said and done, if BSU goes undefeated they may have beaten four ranked teams - Virginia Tech, Oregon State, Nevada and Hawaii. That's a schedule comparable or tougher than Oregon's (who BSU has beaten two years in a row). Auburn will likely have played four ranked teams, too, though admittedly their ranked opponents will have been tougher.

If an undefeated Oregon or TCU gets a shot at the title over an undefeagted BSU it will be a travesty.
I hear ya,

You don't hear about people going on about Wisconsin V SJSU, 13 point margin to a team who lost to an FCS team, would of lost to another FCS barring a last min drive. One of the worst teams in the country.

That's how it works though, guess you have to earn the right to all that stuff above. I doubt an undefeated TCU team gets in over Boise, apart from Utah, perhaps Air Force, maybe San Diego, that conference is nothing this year.

I just think if you've got a crap schedule, you can't do much about your conference teams, but all you can do is go and and beat them convincingly every week, and that's what BSU has done, what more can you ask for?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:29 AM

674 posts, read 1,453,734 times
I agree that we played rather poorly last night. I think the weather had a little to do with it - it was freaking freezing. Rain, wind, and temps in the low 40's made for a chilly game. La Tech played well despite the conditions, and I feel like we were rusty, considering we really haven't played a game since Oregon State over a month ago.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:34 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,124,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hp1167 View Post
I agree that we played rather poorly last night. I think the weather had a little to do with it - it was freaking freezing. Rain, wind, and temps in the low 40's made for a chilly game. La Tech played well despite the conditions, and I feel like we were rusty, considering we really haven't played a game since Oregon State over a month ago.

----we really haven't played a game since Oregon State over a month ago----

Kinda reinforces the- weak strength of schedule------arguement.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:38 AM

674 posts, read 1,453,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
----we really haven't played a game since Oregon State over a month ago----

Kinda reinforces the- weak strength of schedule------arguement.
I never denied it. The stretch against NMSU, SJSU, and Toledo cannot be defended. But most teams front load their cupcakes where we just got into ours. It will get better when we play #27 Hawaii and #24 Nevada, as well as Fresno State.

My only arguments have been: Oregon somehow gets a pass on their (up to this point) weaker SOS.

And that while our schedule sucks, we've dominated it for the past 4 years and that should mean something.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:02 PM

16,368 posts, read 30,102,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
A team worthy of a #3 ranking should be playing Louisiana State University, not Louisiana Tech.

Probably explains why Auburn is #1 and can hold that if they win out.
Explains why Boise State is #3 and will drop even if they win out.

I am sure that Boise State would play Auburn if Auburn wasn't busy scheduling powerhouses like Arkansas St., Louisiana-Monroe, Tennessee-Martin, Ball State, and New Mexico St.

Also, how many schools are willing to play a hone/away series with Boise State? Probably a helluva lot fewer than in 1996.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football