Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 02:18 PM

674 posts, read 1,458,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You can't brag about running the table when the table is seated with all pansies.

I wish some big team would just put these two out of their misery by beating the living sh*t out of them so that we don't have to hear this sad song every single year. Hawaii sang it one year and got their asses handed to them.
No one has done is thus far...

Just saying...

Hawaii was an aberration. That Georgia team was amazing and that Hawaii team was a one trick pony. How about Boise-Oklahoma? TCU Clemson? Utah-Alabama? Boise-Va Tech? Boise-Oregon? The list goes on and on...

Old 09-08-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
That's a strong statement to make after week one and there's really no way to confirm or deny it at this point. Let's say we let the dust settle and play a few more games before we start crowning the "best".

Anyways, that has nothing to do with my post you responded to. Bama and Ohio State are playing huge OOC games this weekend and Ohio State has played USC and Texas in the last couple of years OOC. They're not ducking Boise as a prior poster said.
They are ducking Boise but for economic reasons, which make sense for both universities.

Boise wants to get paid to play an away game; Ohio State, Alabama, or whomever have no incentive to pay them when they can pay the likes of Penn State or Miami, who would and should travel better and have worthy stadiums for home/home series. Or they pay for the likes of Youngstown or San Jose State, who are guaranteed wins.

They have no incentive to play in Boise because of our stadium size; they know it's not a guaranteed win; and they know that if they're paying over 1 million for the game, they can get most BCS teams to come.

---

Besides Oregon, which Pac 10 team looked at all impressive in Week one?

Old 09-08-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
-----they turned it down because--

excuses,excuses,excuses.
Everyone has them.

Alabama had excuses when Utah waxed them in the Sugar Bowl. Oregon had them when a freshman QB went in Autzen and beat the Ducks.

I'm sure if Boise makes it into the NC game and wins, it was because the other team was underwhelmed and/or played an unfairly tough schedule.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Oh, I get it now...............Boise State is desperate to play tough teams but only under their stipulations
No, only under reasonable economic stipulations. Ole Miss (and ESPN) arranged a reasonable game, so we're going to Oxford to play.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:51 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,707,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hp1167 View Post

---

Besides Oregon, which Pac 10 team looked at all impressive in Week one?
If you really know who's the best team in the west after week one then you should be in Vegas and not on this forum.

Oregon was equally as tough to judge. They don't get to play a WAC opponet every week so we probably won't see too many 70+ margin of victories the rest of the season. Zona, USC, Cal, and Stanford all look good in some areas and need improvements in others. They all played horrible opponets and there's still a lot to work out. WSU, was, well...it'll be another long year.

Give it a few weeks at a minimum and let everyone build a resume. Same goes for Boise State. At this point all we know is they beat an 0-1 VaTech team. It's going to take several weeks to find out if that was a quality win over an ACC contender or a slim victory over an ACC doormat. I'm guessing it was a quality win, but as of right now, we have no way of knowing. If I were you I would be the Pac10's biggest fan and start pulling for OSU to do some damage.

Last edited by truckingbronco; 09-08-2010 at 03:17 PM..

Old 09-08-2010, 04:25 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hp1167 View Post
Everyone has them.

Alabama had excuses when Utah waxed them in the Sugar Bowl. Oregon had them when a freshman QB went in Autzen and beat the Ducks.

I'm sure if Boise makes it into the NC game and wins, it was because the other team was underwhelmed and/or played an unfairly tough schedule.

---if Boise makes it into the NC game and wins------

First they have to make it.

Thankfully, strength of schedule is a criteria that is taken into consideration.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:48 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
---if Boise makes it into the NC game and wins------

First they have to make it.

Thankfully, strength of schedule is a criteria that is taken into consideration.
ALOT can happen in 11 weeks.....

Old 09-08-2010, 07:04 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
ALOT can happen in 11 weeks.....
But Boise State's schedule is already set.

If their schedule was a mattress it would be an overly soft one with just 2 firm lumps in it.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:15 PM

623 posts, read 1,542,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
^^^How the heck do you know? Youre making this stuff up. Chill out. The SEC has the worst academics of all the major conferences. Why dont you talk Tenn Vols, we know Boise could whoop them.
It's common knowledge that many of the mid-major conferences have lower academic standards than the BCS one, including the SEC. Not making anything up. If you refuse to accept fact I'm sorry.

I'm calmer than you are.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:16 PM

623 posts, read 1,542,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
SEC does NOT have the worst academics of all major conferences because the SEC includes Vanderbilt. I've come to the conclusion that this is the only reason the SEC includes Vanderbilt.

*It is kind of funny to hear someone who goes by the handle "VolDude" attacking Boise academics, though*
Stating fact is attacking now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football