Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 04:53 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times

Advertisements

Cam Newton offered for cash in exchange for signing letter of intent, ex-Mississippi State quarterback said - ESPN

Allegedly would have gone to MSU for only $180,000. This is going to get good.

No worries for you Auburn fans though, the NCAA takes at least 5 years to figure these things out.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 11-04-2010 at 05:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 05:09 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Cam Newton offered for cash in exchange for signing letter of intent, ex-Mississippi State quarterback said - ESPN

Allegedly would have gone to MSU for only $180,000. This is going to get good.

No wonder he passed on OU. We had our own Heisman hopeful returning for his Soph year, wouldn't have been worth the $200,000.

No worries for you Auburn fans though, the NCAA takes at least 5 years to figure these things out.
If this is true, and I hope it is, then Auburn would get the death penalty for sure.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it is true. SEC teams are known for cheating on the field. Mostly through oversigning. It was only a matter of time before one of them caught paying players again.

One nice thing about the Second Echelon Conference. They don't have to cheat in the classroom. Any retard could graduate from one of the SEC schools.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:30 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,313 times
Wow! I hope this isn't true. He's a great player...the Heisman favorite...and darn exciting...and a player who, regardless of him playing the uber overrated SEC, is one that I like to watch. But, if this turns out to be more, I would say that LaMichael James, as long as he continues to do what he has been doing, will win the Heisman.

Can you imagine the running backs who will line up to play for the Ducks. Heck, we have a 5* and 4* red shirting for Pete's sake. Tailback U is now in Eugene.

On second thought, it takes the NCAA 5 years to investigate stuff, so I guess he will end up winning regardless.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:18 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,888 times
If its true he will goto NFL this yr, if its bs then he will come back. What am i sayin he's gone either way to the draft next yr.

Millions vs broke student

To all Auburn fans, I hope you win the BCS Nat Champ game, cause you might have to wait a lil longer when he leaves.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:30 AM

674 posts, read 1,458,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
If this is true, and I hope it is, then Auburn would get the death penalty for sure.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it is true. SEC teams are known for cheating on the field. Mostly through oversigning. It was only a matter of time before one of them caught paying players again.

One nice thing about the Second Echelon Conference. They don't have to cheat in the classroom. Any retard could graduate from one of the SEC schools.
Florida and Georgia >>> Ohio State.

Any retard knows that.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:30 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hp1167 View Post

Any retard knows that.
wait wait....Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, Ohio State LOL

Old 11-05-2010, 03:17 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,707,445 times
This story is fishy, way too many unnamed sources and missing details. Plus I'm not sure what Bond's reason for coming forward. I'm not saying Newton didn't take money, but there's definitely a lot of missing details.

I guess we'll just all have to stay tuned to E!SPN as the story unfolds

Old 11-05-2010, 06:18 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hp1167 View Post

Any retard knows that.
Not sure what Florida and/or Georgia has to do with Ohio State.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:56 AM

749 posts, read 2,438,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post

Let's fix that for you.... more appropriately named the Superior Excellence Conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ivb9RAs_pY

Notice the bewildered look of the OSU fans a :25.........priceless.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:36 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Well, let's look at actual facts, rather than innuendo.

1. An audit of all phone records of the Auburn coaching staff reveals no calls from the parties in question.
2. The church repairs in question were actually paid for a good four months prior to Cam Newton ever choosing Auburn. Cecil Newton has turned over all bank statements to the NCAA. This is a marked departure from Reggie Bush's years of stalling.
3. Sources said that John Bond sought payment from ESPN for his story and that ESPN ultimately paid Bond an undisclosed sum. Sources further stated that Bond offered no evidence to back up his claim, and with former State player Kenny Rogers denying he has talked to Bond within the past twenty years.
4. There's no money trail.
5. Rogers has now denied on ESPN Radio that he made any offers at all.

Now, I think if there's a rat here, I think it has to more to do with Alabama's fan base doing their level best to start a smear campaign. Seriously, you just have no idea how those guys operate. They're like the freaking Mafia. Something tells me that ESPN is going to be needing some really good defense attorneys before this is over with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football