Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 02:43 AM

214 posts, read 705,500 times

Advertisements

Any input on what Michigan will do with Coach Rich Rod after the bowl game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 08:06 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
Handed his walking papers. One can only hope.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:36 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Why do they hate Rich Rod? Their probably losing some big recruits because the (alleged) Big 3 booster money is down for a while until the auto industry comes back.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:55 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,707,155 times
Probably depends on if they think they can get Harbaugh

Old 12-02-2010, 04:54 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckCommander View Post
Any input on what Michigan will do with Coach Rich Rod after the bowl game?
I would keep him for another year. And tell him to get a defensive coordinator.

If they fire him now it sets them back for 3-4 more years. The man won big at West Virginia. Surely he can win where he is now.

Maybe they could just do like Auburn and hire professional players.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:41 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
Probably depends on if they think they can get Harbaugh
That would be great but Harbaugh burned some bridges a few years back for criticizing "the system" at Michigan and all other schools. It was nothing but the truth but still things the NCAA does not want aired in public.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:53 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,430 times
It would be DUMB for U of M to fire RichRod after 3yrs. Come on now, where is the fan support?? He took a fresh fish QB and turned him into a Heisman canidate. Keep in mind he was still workin with some of Carrs men. And new system just cant get goin like that. I know this. Ima Texas Fan.

His Big 10 record is so so...I get that. However the offense is there and the defense will come around. Maybe a stud here or some more compition will turn that around. Remember he took lil WV from ugly orphan to prom queen.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:44 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times
I think he's out. **** him. Any coach that leaves his team right before a BCS bowl is a ****ing doosh. He sucks. UM deserves better.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:53 PM

214 posts, read 705,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I think he's out. **** him. Any coach that leaves his team right before a BCS bowl is a ****ing doosh. He sucks. UM deserves better.

Leaving before the bowl game was the better for both programs. It allowed WVU to move on in recruiting, and focus on the bowl game, and allowed him to get an early start at U of M. When you fire a coach after the bowl games in January it just puts a damper on the programs. How can you recruit quality players when they don't even know who the head ball coach would be? I say the earlier the better in that case and currently. If Michigan is going to fire him they should do it now and get it over with.

Sure they have made some progress, but will that offense work in the big ten? It surely didn't work against Ohio St or MSU. No wonder the D gives up 400 plus yards per game when they are out there for 3/4's of the game. You can't have a good defense when you offense continues to go 3 and out and fails to put points on the board.

That being said, I don't see them firing him after 3 seasons. They are improving.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:58 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckCommander View Post

Leaving before the bowl game was the better for both programs.
I put the players ahead of the programs. I don't think it's cool for a coach to bail on his team before a BCS Bowl. JMO. You think he would have bailed if they would have beat Pitt that year? No way in hell. That shows he didn't do it for the program, he did it for his own selfish reasons. UM will go nowhere with RR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football