U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 05:07 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,505,118 times

Advertisements

He was not the special coach they thought he was.

We only won in WVa because of the talent.

Michigan has lost their recruiting base and it started with Michigan sticking with L. Carr way too long.

Michigan used to come down into Ohio and get some great talent but now those players head to Ohio St.

Now that Miles has turned it down wonder who they will go after?

Did I hear they offered the job to someone today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 08:30 AM

1,640 posts, read 4,248,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
He was not the special coach they thought he was.

We only won in WVa because of the talent.

Michigan has lost their recruiting base and it started with Michigan sticking with L. Carr way too long.

Michigan used to come down into Ohio and get some great talent but now those players head to Ohio St.

Now that Miles has turned it down wonder who they will go after?

Did I hear they offered the job to someone today?
Brady Hoke of San Diego State accepted the job.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:26 AM

4,121 posts, read 7,831,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
Brady Hoke of San Diego State accepted the job.
Brady Hoke is the best choice of all the candidates. Les Miles really didnt want to leave...and who could blame him. If Harbough took the job and did poorly, it would ruin his chances of what he really wanted...the NFL. Brady Hoke loved Michigan when he left, and even after all these years still loves it more then ever. We know he will be pssionate...not because of the money, but because he understands what Michigan used to be..what they are now...and what they need to be. Its gonna be tough...real tough! like Ive said before...recruiting in the colder climate schools is as tough a sell as ever. When your trying to get a recruit from the south or west, who has never seen much cold or snow...and you have all the other great teams to contend with...its gonna be a massive job to get Michigan where they once were. Personally, I think they could have brought in the beast coach in the world, and it would still be tough to get Michigan back to the glory days. I think Brady has just as good a chance as any other coach would have...go Blue!

Old 01-12-2011, 09:35 AM

1,673 posts, read 2,734,647 times
I hope that Coach Brady can do something with the Wolverines soon. I wonder how long they will give him if he does the same job as Rich Rod.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:50 PM

3,451 posts, read 5,850,077 times
What was with the Harbaugh lovefest?

Didn't he burn that bridge to UM on his way to Stanford a few years back...and everyone just hoped that would be forgotten?

Good for Brady, though. Meekchicken will be a tough gig for a little while, but if he did what he did over at Montezuma Mesa where SDSU is only the Chargers leaving town away from losing their own program (they can't afford to maintain The Murph on their own), I'm sure UM will be doing well before too long.

I'm sure he'd rather have Ryan Mallett for his system, though. I guess Mallett left when it was figured that RR wasn't a good enough coach to figure out how to use that cannon of an arm in his offense.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:45 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,734,647 times
If coach is smart, he will keep that spread offense in place while Robinson is on the helm.

He's got alot of work and eyes on him. Hope he beats ND under the lights, if not I can already see the headlines. Michigan falls under the lights in first prime time game.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:55 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,779,966 times
Brady Hoke is a good get, it's gonna take a little while to get back to "Michigan" level football. Peeps gotta be patient.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:03 PM

5,585 posts, read 832,609 times
Now what do we say about Brady Hoke?,, doing ok hey? So far the Wolverines are looking good! To bad I don't have the BIG 10 Network, & we won't be getting the ala 'carte either, I miss watching it live. GO BLUE!!!!

Old 09-28-2011, 03:52 PM

17,032 posts, read 27,044,754 times
Best thing to happen was Tressel getting canned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football