Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 01:38 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,189,652 times

Advertisements

Gotta congratulate the Eastern Washington University Eagles for defeating Delaware for the Division I FCS title! The beat Delaware coming back from a 19-0 deficit deep into the game to win 20-19.

Great game! Delaware looked tough, and definitely had the history going for them. Early on, I didn't think E-Dub would be able to stop their offense, but some half-time adjustments and increased pressure on the Blue Hens qb made a huge difference.

The Eags weren't just down 19-0, but 19-0 with less than 19 minutes to play and no indication that the Eagles would ever possibly get anything going. At that point – with 3 minutes left in the third quarter – they still had fewer than 100 yards of offense. But, they have been doing this all season---coming back at the last minute.

Good game, regardless of who won. And Joe Biden's sour look at the end of the game was just an added bonus!

They'll be partying on the West Plains when they get home!

(I just had to say something, having gone to high school right below the hill and going to grad school there.)

Last edited by skinem; 01-08-2011 at 01:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 06:21 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
The last three Eastern Washington games were really great games - especially the North Dakota State game when BOTH teams were slip sliding away.

Honestly, I have enjoyed the FCS tournament games this year than the boring bowl games this year.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
The last three Eastern Washington games were really great games - especially the North Dakota State game when BOTH teams were slip sliding away.

Honestly, I have enjoyed the FCS tournament games this year than the boring bowl games this year.
I have, too...well, except a couple of the bowl games have at least been interesting.

This FCS tourney has been real nip and tuck, down to the wire, and a lot of fun to watch.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:02 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,707,734 times
FCS Playoffs are always fun, I don't think enjoying 1-AA and 1-A are mutually exclusive. Congrats to EWU on a great game...now get rid of that red field.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
FCS Playoffs are always fun, I don't think enjoying 1-AA and 1-A are mutually exclusive. Congrats to EWU on a great game...now get rid of that red field.
Even though I'm an Eag, that field makes my eyes bleed. I keep hoping I'll get used to it.

But, I pretty well feel that way about Boise State's as well...

Old 01-09-2011, 02:30 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,725 times
Great game EWU,

As a Nevada Wolfpack fan, you guys have a solid team and done the last stages without your stud RB, 6 games with over 150 rushings yards in which two were 200+ yard games.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:39 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
I have, too...well, except a couple of the bowl games have at least been interesting.

This FCS tourney has been real nip and tuck, down to the wire, and a lot of fun to watch.

It is amazing to me how good the FCS, Division II and Division III playoff games were ... and how few of the bowl games have been interesting. Mt. Union v. Wisconsin-Whitewater was a nail biter in Division III. the EWU-NDSU was played under some of the worst field conditions. I will confess that I was about to write off EWU in the 3rd quarter. It was compelling television.

The game that I thought would be interesting was Northern Illinois v Fresno St. but the Bulldogs did not show up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football