U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 07:58 AM

5,413 posts, read 7,712,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Naw, I'm a Texas fan.

lol 5-7.....at least there was a silver lining there - we got rid of "OU's best coach" - Greg Davis.

The family is a mixed bunch of aggies, T-sippers, Texas Staters, even a Techster, an LSU Tiger, and one Sooner thrown in. Family get togethers are pretty lively.

Yes, even UT fans know Stoops tries to run a clean program.....and that "boosters" are a big danger.

"45-35"

and:

59-41-5
Sorry Horn, you don't want to get into this game....

7 AP National Titles (the Horns have 3 AP titles...2 of which were won by an Okie Darrell Royal)
47 game winning streak
7 Big 12 Conference Championships (ya'll have, what is it...3? hmmm)
Winningest program in the modern era
Over 40 conference championships
5 Heisman trophy winners

.....and we're just getting started.

Enjoy walking into Okie Memorial Stadium.....oh, I mean "Darrell Royal Memorial Stadium."

Response?

*crickets chirping*

Good Day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
If TexAgs knew about the corruption in the Big Red scandal months before Stoops "found out" about it, what does that say about his program's compliance competence.....even when they had declared "nothing more to see here" after supposedly investigating Peterson's free cars?

What else could he do when it was exposed to the public?

"Lack of institutional control" Does that sound familiar?

The Sooner athletic department ran the job referral program for their players. They were certainly sloppy on the accountabilty...hence your penalties.

But hey, it's SOP for OU. Read your program's history and your own former Governor's book.
Silly Horn. Didn't you learn never to trust an Aggie. Sheesh.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:35 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,746,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post

7 AP National Titles (the Horns have 3 AP titles...2 of which were won by an Okie Darrell Royal)
47 game winning streak
5 Heisman trophy winners

Enjoy walking into Okie Memorial Stadium.....oh, I mean "Darrell Royal Memorial Stadium."

Response?

*crickets chirping*

Good Day.
Yeah those players we produce from Texas High Schools are pretty good I guess...

Old 06-15-2011, 08:43 AM

8,389 posts, read 8,381,230 times
Quote:

47 game winning streak
5 Heisman trophy winners

Response?

*crickets chirping*

Good Day.
No, Texas doesn't come close to the vast number of NCAA football violations & sanctions OU was penalized wwith.

All of those 7 NCAA championships except one have an *

Last edited by ScoPro; 06-15-2011 at 08:53 AM..

Old 06-15-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Yeah those players we produce from Texas High Schools are pretty good I guess...

Yeah, if it weren't for all those Texas boys, OU would be A DII school.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I've never beeen to Gaylord Stadium...what does DKR have to do with that?

BTW - None of OU's coaches ever went to school in Norman, much less being born in Oklahoma.

At least DKR had the good sense to remain in Texas...justy like most of your OU graduates.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I've never beeen to Gaylord Stadium...what does DKR have to do with that?

BTW - None of OU's coaches ever went to school in Norman, much less being born in Oklahoma.

At least DKR had the good sense to remain in Texas...justy like most of your OU graduates.
DKR Stadium actually = Okie Memorial Stadium.

Oh right, the classic Horn block to the OU/Tejas Football Dialogue = "well.....,we're not as good at football, so let's talk about something else.....it's usually how Tejas U offers better education (which has so much to do with football) or has the best marketing, et al. I think that excuse works quite well for Harvard too. Well done, Sir. ;-)

No, those Texicans just need an Okie to boss them around the football field and provide some leadership. Which is why the Sooners do so well with the Texican Talent.

*crickets still chirping* when it comes to straight-up stats.

Best city for young gay male. (I propose Austin or Round Rock, Tejas.)

Cheers.

Last edited by Bass&Catfish2008; 06-15-2011 at 10:22 AM..

Old 06-15-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Why would he even comment on such an absurd notion? Auburn should be the MNC champ since the cheaters were vacated.

Does Bomargate, Big Red, and Free Car Peterson ring a bell? Yeah, that some institutional control y'all have with your AD's jobs program there in Norman under Medium Game Bob.
The sad thing is that Tubberville is enough of a snake to actually take the vacated title.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:03 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,947,075 times
Quote:
The sad thing is that Tubberville is enough of a snake to actually take the vacated title.
In fairness, they were the best team that year and got snubbed from the NC game.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
In fairness, they were the best team that year and got snubbed from the NC game.
In fairness, it is highly likely that USC would have obliterated Auburn as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football