U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 09:04 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,022,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
I didn't think the officiating was that bad. Not like Nebraska-Texas A&M or Mississippi-Oklahoma State bad. I think the reason Oregon lost was because they abandoned their fast tempo. It worked well in the first quarter, though they ended up turning the ball over a couple times. After that, nothing.
Oh believe me, I was hollering, "Speed it up!" all night long. AU's defense was getting gassed in the 2nd and UO was beginning to open holes for our rbs. But, like you said we mysteriously abandoned our pace.

I don't think these vids show why we lost, AU was had something to do with it as well. However, as a Duck fan, I can name numerous reasons why we lost (starting with our game plan). But one tends to pour over replays and see the rubbish on the field, it sucks. Lots of missed calls. The most damaging in many ways was when LMJ was horse-collared in the first with no call. Sad part to that was he came out and told our rb coach his back was jacked. After that the nation's leading back had 9 carries (for a total of 13). The game was a classic example of two evenly matched teams. One capitalized (except when Cam threw that 4th down into the ground) and one team didn't, getting three drives close, resulting in 3 measly points.

Just my 2 (biased) cents

Last edited by Acuda; 01-20-2011 at 09:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 08:08 PM

Well, well. Weren't there a ton of Boise State edit fans here mouthing off how dirty some of the major programs are. Looks like edit has plenty to be proud of...they finally finished in the Top 5...congrats!

SI/CBS News special investigation*into college football, crime - The Bonus - SI.com

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 03-02-2011 at 08:38 PM..

Old 03-02-2011, 08:37 PM

16,532 posts, read 21,018,011 times
I'll let the post stand but will watch comments closely. And this forum does not tolerate a poster talking down on fans, in this case flaming, hence the edit.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:52 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,951,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I'm thinking the Ducks will get to the Rose Bowl next year and then make a run at the NC in 2012. By that time, I think our system will be fully in place. Hopefully, we can get our OL straightened out early next year. I've gotta admit, I'm still bitter about that NC. I'm very disappointed with numerous parts of our game plan as I do think we were/and will be a better team than AU. But, I'm straight sick and tired about the lousy officiating from every conference in the nation. A lot of bad calls which went against Oregon that night. That Cam fumble was very obvious and we were all screaming at the TV. F***in incompetent refs. Found these little gems.

Damn, I hate losing!
Oregon played a far superior SEC team. The Pac 10 for the most part is a joke. Auburn on the other hand played tough competition all season long in the SEC (hands down the best conference in college football) which prepped them for Oregon. Oregon played their one tough game in the middle of the season (Stanford); thus not being tested all season long. Oregon was supposely the highest powered offense and they played essentially one of the worst SEC defenses, who then held that offense to 19 points... what SEC will rule each year as long as they make it into the championship game.

Anyways... as for offseason, my alum FSU pulled in a great recruiting class. Can't wait for us to get back to a national powerhouse again. This is one step in the right direction. Thanks Fisher and crew.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Oregon played a far superior SEC team. The Pac 10 for the most part is a joke. Auburn on the other hand played tough competition all season long in the SEC (hands down the best conference in college football) which prepped them for Oregon. Oregon played their one tough game in the middle of the season (Stanford); thus not being tested all season long. Oregon was supposely the highest powered offense and they played essentially one of the worst SEC defenses, who then held that offense to 19 points... what SEC will rule each year as long as they make it into the championship game.

Anyways... as for offseason, my alum FSU pulled in a great recruiting class. Can't wait for us to get back to a national powerhouse again. This is one step in the right direction. Thanks Fisher and crew.
FSU...hmm, I think I remember them.

Man, I haven't heard someone throw themselves at the SEC like that since a Northwestern grad I once spoke to. What's more of a joke is the amount of talent the Seminoles get year in and year out and how that has paid off the last decade.

FSU..man, I'm having a hard time placing them...loh, well, just another has been I guess.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
FSU...hmm, I think I remember them.

Man, I haven't heard someone throw themselves at the SEC like that since a Northwestern grad I once spoke to. What's more of a joke is the amount of talent the Seminoles get year in and year out and how that has paid off the last decade.

FSU..man, I'm having a hard time placing them...loh, well, just another has been I guess.
How many National Championships does Oregon have oh yeah None.
How many National Championships does FSU have oh yeah 2.

Until then, continue to lose to any good team you play i.e. Boise St, Ohio St, Auburn, hey can you win a bowl game... We on the other hand dismantled South Carolina (see injury to Marcus Lattimore), West Virginia (sorry they had to play us during Bowden's Final game), and Wisconsin (destroyed is an understatement).

When Oregon dominates a decade like FSU did in the 90s, come back and talk to me.

On a different board system, I enjoyed my talks with Oregon fanboys all season warning that they would lose to the SEC team that they would play.

As for the SEC comment... See bowl results... they do this every year.
Auburn's 1 man defense (they suck besides Fairley) holds you guys to 19 points in their win
Alabama slaughters Michigan St 49-7
Miss St smacks around Michigan 52-14
LSU beats up Texas A&M 41-24
Florida wipes Penn St 37-24

But hey the season is over. Let's see how much hype you guys get next year. Good luck with LSU.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
How many National Championships does Oregon have oh yeah None.
How many National Championships does FSU have oh yeah 2.

Until then, continue to lose to any good team you play i.e. Boise St, Ohio St, Auburn, hey can you win a bowl game... We on the other hand dismantled South Carolina (see injury to Marcus Lattimore), West Virginia (sorry they had to play us during Bowden's Final game), and Wisconsin (destroyed is an understatement).

When Oregon dominates a decade like FSU did in the 90s, come back and talk to me.

On a different board system, I enjoyed my talks with Oregon fanboys all season warning that they would lose to the SEC team that they would play.

As for the SEC comment... See bowl results... they do this every year.
Auburn's 1 man defense (they suck besides Fairley) holds you guys to 19 points in their win
Alabama slaughters Michigan St 49-7
Miss St smacks around Michigan 52-14
LSU beats up Texas A&M 41-24
Florida wipes Penn St 37-24

But hey the season is over. Let's see how much hype you guys get next year. Good luck with LSU.
Wow, Army has 2 as well. You should have 12 with the amount of talent you waste. I would kill to have that much talent to use. Oregon would be there just like the major programs if they had NCAA starters 3-4 deep. As it is the Ducks are getting better and better and WITH LESS TALENT. Check out results versus recruiting and you will see Oregon has done far more the last 5 years than FSU. What does that say about FSU? South Carolina blows so trumping that win is akin to trumping a win versus Arizona...who cares?

Now, run along and on the tails of better SEC programs as FSU has been mediocre the last 10 years.

We'll be good to go come LSU.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:19 PM

16,532 posts, read 21,018,011 times
Ratchet the tone down here or I'll remove the last several posts. Or lock the thread.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Wow, Army has 2 as well. You should have 12 with the amount of talent you waste. I would kill to have that much talent to use. Oregon would be there just like the major programs if they had NCAA starters 3-4 deep. As it is the Ducks are getting better and better and WITH LESS TALENT. Check out results versus recruiting and you will see Oregon has done far more the last 5 years than FSU. What does that say about FSU? South Carolina blows so trumping that win is akin to trumping a win versus Arizona...who cares?

Now, run along and on the tails of better SEC programs as FSU has been mediocre the last 10 years.

We'll be good to go come LSU.
Speaking of Oregon recruiting, Oh Noes
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...r-oregon030311

Less talent... yeah #9 in recruiting is bad.
Last year, you were 3 spots under us.

FSU has at least beat good teams unlike Oregon in recent history. Oregon also had a losing record in 2004. FSU hasn't had a losing season since Bowden's first season (1976). Just saying...

Old 03-03-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Less talent... yeah #9 in recruiting is bad.
Last year, you were 3 spots under us.

FSU has at least beat good teams unlike Oregon in recent history. Oregon also had a losing record in 2004. FSU hasn't had a losing season since Bowden's first season (1976). Just saying...
Shoot, anyone who follows recruiting (myself) knows this is nothing new and not against NCAA rules. Schools all over the country pay for recruiting/scouting services (film, reports, evaluations). Heck, Mack Brown even stated he looks at both Rivals and Scout evaluations to find prospects. Those services are not free...of course they are not $25,000 either. There's a service out there that is $40,000 per season. If it keeps getting us better recruiting classes and more opportunities to win a Natty, heck, pay $50,000. Got to keep up with the Jones'. Ultimately, this is a non-story in the recruiting world. Now, pimping out your son is a different story.

I'm curious to find out who is behind the attempted smear campaign...USC or Washington?

Last edited by Acuda; 03-03-2011 at 10:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football