U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-28-2011, 07:19 AM
 
Location: WNC
1,493 posts, read 2,215,462 times
Reputation: 1325

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
Too bad, I liked what Davis was doing for the Heels but the Uni couldn't take the black stain on it's reputation.

Oh well, one less headache for UVa this year.

Davis out as UNC coach - WRALSportsFan.com

Ive been steaming about this since yesterday. In alot of situations, I think coaches are held to a somewhat unfair standard regarding players. There's no way coaches can know what their players are doing every minute of the day. Now, I'm not saying he didnt know about this stuff, but from what I gather, there isnt any evidence pointing to that he did and just ignored it.


the only positive really, is that Davis brought UNC's program up enough to where it's a more enticing job to a bigger name coach than it used to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-28-2011, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,951,738 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
the only positive really, is that Davis brought UNC's program up enough to where it's a more enticing job to a bigger name coach than it used to be.
All the guys have been signed by this point. If they were to fire him, they should have done it at the end of last year so they had a shot at a quality coach to fill his position. Now, they won't have that. Back to mediocrity...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2011, 09:29 AM
 
1,261 posts, read 1,773,715 times
Reputation: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
Ive been steaming about this since yesterday. In alot of situations, I think coaches are held to a somewhat unfair standard regarding players. There's no way coaches can know what their players are doing every minute of the day. Now, I'm not saying he didnt know about this stuff, but from what I gather, there isnt any evidence pointing to that he did and just ignored it.


the only positive really, is that Davis brought UNC's program up enough to where it's a more enticing job to a bigger name coach than it used to be.
In this case at any rate, I have to agree.

No one can be watching those kids ALL the darn time.

Anyways, Their AD is stepping down and they DIDN'T name an interim coach. UNC football is screwed for a couple of years.

They could come back and be a decent ACC school because they have good facilities and a good recruiting area but for the next couple of years.....nahhh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 01:03 PM
 
2,057 posts, read 3,161,778 times
Reputation: 980
34 days until:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 01:20 PM
 
Location: WNC
1,493 posts, read 2,215,462 times
Reputation: 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
All the guys have been signed by this point. If they were to fire him, they should have done it at the end of last year so they had a shot at a quality coach to fill his position. Now, they won't have that. Back to mediocrity...
disagree. There are still some bigger names out there, but they are longshots.

These arent guys I necessarily want, but they are out there:

1. Ralph Friedgen
2. Mike Leach
3. A very long shot, but what if Phil Fulmer came out of retirement?

Just saying, there are guys out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 01:23 PM
 
Location: WNC
1,493 posts, read 2,215,462 times
Reputation: 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
In this case at any rate, I have to agree.

No one can be watching those kids ALL the darn time.

Anyways, Their AD is stepping down and they DIDN'T name an interim coach. UNC football is screwed for a couple of years.

They could come back and be a decent ACC school because they have good facilities and a good recruiting area but for the next couple of years.....nahhh.
Well, Withers is now the interim. I still think this year, they can enjoy success. but yeah, recruiting for the next couple years is screwed unless they really shock everyone with a BIG name hire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2011, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,092 posts, read 3,022,778 times
Reputation: 869
Starting to get a bit stir-crazy. Looking forward to another good year.


‪Oregon Ducks Preseason Hype Video 2011 (HD)‬‏ - YouTube

***Still haven't brought myself to watch the entire Natty. Man, that s**t stung!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top