U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 02:01 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,771,515 times

Advertisements

Er I am no ACC homer but can you explain to me WHO is in the Mountain West besides a REBUILDING TCU?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 05:27 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,746,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
Er I am no ACC homer but can you explain to me WHO is in the Mountain West besides a REBUILDING TCU?
Boise State and Nevada (I think) for 2011. Plus they still have Air Force and SDSU.

However, they will have lost BYU and Utah...

Now that I think about it some more... It is actually a pretty tough call to put them ahead of the ACC considering Miami, Florida State and Virginia Tech didn't lose a lot of players and should return pretty tough next year...

Old 05-10-2011, 07:24 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,947,075 times
I understand you want to take you stance against my conference but seriously...

Big 12 returns what a broken down Texas team, mediocre Kansas and Mizzou, and only 1 good team in Oklahoma, who lost their star RB.

Pac 10 we will see how Stanford is after losing their coach. After Oregon and maybe USC, what do you have?

Mountain West - BYU (Independent), Utah (Pac-10) and TCU (Big East) are all but gone. Nevada is a WAC team through this year. Boise St looks set up to take this conference about every year (after this upcoming season).

Big 10... really?? Lets recap last year's bowl season... Outside Ohio St surviving against Arkansas, the rest of the conference top teams got slaughtered in their bowls; I witnessed the Alabama beat down of Mich St (felt sorry for their QBs). Even newcomer Nebraska got upset by Washington, of all teams.

To me conference strength takes all teams, not just the top 3, into consideration.

1) SEC
2) ACC
3) MWC
4) Pac 10
5) Big 10
6) Big East
7) Big 12

Old 05-10-2011, 11:49 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,854,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I understand you want to take you stance against my conference but seriously...

Big 12 returns what a broken down Texas team, mediocre Kansas and Mizzou, and only 1 good team in Oklahoma, who lost their star RB.

Pac 10 we will see how Stanford is after losing their coach. After Oregon and maybe USC, what do you have?

Mountain West - BYU (Independent), Utah (Pac-10) and TCU (Big East) are all but gone. Nevada is a WAC team through this year. Boise St looks set up to take this conference about every year (after this upcoming season).

Big 10... really?? Lets recap last year's bowl season... Outside Ohio St surviving against Arkansas, the rest of the conference top teams got slaughtered in their bowls; I witnessed the Alabama beat down of Mich St (felt sorry for their QBs). Even newcomer Nebraska got upset by Washington, of all teams.

To me conference strength takes all teams, not just the top 3, into consideration.

1) SEC
2) ACC
3) MWC
4) Pac 10
5) Big 10
6) Big East
7) Big 12
You really can't expect us to take you seriously when you post stuff like that.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:22 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,771,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Boise State and Nevada (I think) for 2011. Plus they still have Air Force and SDSU.

However, they will have lost BYU and Utah...

Now that I think about it some more... It is actually a pretty tough call to put them ahead of the ACC considering Miami, Florida State and Virginia Tech didn't lose a lot of players and should return pretty tough next year...
Don't count out UNC either, they return a lot of starters from an 8-5 team last year.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:05 PM

5,093 posts, read 6,863,570 times
This year

SEC
Big 10
ACC
Big 12
Big East
Pac 10
MTW
CUSA
MAC
WAC
SUN

Old 05-10-2011, 06:39 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,947,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
You really can't expect us to take you seriously when you post stuff like that.
Thank you for your valuable input.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:46 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,018,870 times
So the NCAA wants to get tougher on blatantly cheating programs, huh? This has about as much believability as an 8 year old telling his parents they are "running away and never returning."

What a crock.

NCAA president Mark Emmert says time to get tough on rule breakers - ESPN

Old 05-10-2011, 07:01 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,854,937 times
Quote:

OK then, I'll bite.

When was the last time a top team from the ACC didn't get beat by an out of conference team in the regular season? 7 years? 8 years? When the top teams in a conference lose to teams from other conferences on a regular basis, the conference cannot possibly considered top tier.

Bro. The ACC champ last year not only got beat by a non-BCS team, they also got beat by an FCS team.

Has the ACC ever even sent a team to their championship game that didn't lose an OOC game? Off the top of my head, I don't think so.

You also put the MWC sans BYU and Utah ahead of the PAC12, BE, Big10, and The Big12, but not ahead of the ACC? I mean really?! Like I said, It's hard to take you serious when you post stuff like that.

If you really want to look it up. When was the last time any team from the ACC didn't lose OOC? My guess is 8-9 years. Most all of the conferences have at least one team every year that doesn't lose OOC, most have two or three. Not the ACC though.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 05-10-2011 at 07:21 PM..

Old 05-10-2011, 09:56 PM

16,528 posts, read 20,983,579 times
Quote:
A subtle reminder for everyone to keep it civil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football