U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 11:50 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,772,100 times

Advertisements

I know it's a little early but what the hey......

Anyone keeping up with the mad dash toward to the finish line in recruiting? Surprised by any characters bolting? Anyone staying?

My Cavaliers look to land a solid class, looks like London held up his recruiting end of the bargain.

Odds and Ends

-Tons of coaching changes. In the ACC people were surprised by Al Golden to Miami but I think he will do well if his staff recruits well. Same with Edsall at MD.

-A little surprised by Luck staying at the Furd but hey he values that edumacation (is that really something to be so agahst about?)

-Boy Auburn lost a lot of playmakers....they'll be back though

-I guess now we can FINALLY PUT TO REST the idea of Leach getting another job (never believed it)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 12:06 AM

2,091 posts, read 3,019,837 times
Can't wait to go see the Ducks vs. LSU at Jerry's World (TX) to open the season.

Arghh, how many more months do we have?

Old 01-18-2011, 12:15 AM

1,673 posts, read 2,723,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Can't wait to go see the Ducks vs. LSU at Jerry's World (TX) to open the season.

Dont worry, there are plenty of sports to keep ya busy until September. Like golf, gymnastics, and uhhmmm.....

Well anyway, I'm excited to see how my Longhorns do with a slue of new coaches!!! I know its gonna take some time, but we got the talent and hopefully the coaches to get it done.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:34 AM

Not like they had much trouble, but the doing away of divisions made it that much easier for the Red River Duo to dominate the conference.

They will do just fine.

You might have to watch out for Mike Gundy and company at Okie State, great job he's done.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:32 PM

Never-

Looks like that Brandon Carter has switched to TCU. Not a 5 star, but that boy has skill. But, I'm sure OU has plenty remaining.

Euless Trinity star receiver Brandon Carter switching verbal commitment from Oklahoma to TCU - ESPN Dallas

Old 01-19-2011, 03:02 AM

Oregon is the new Washington, although Washington may be Washington again in a couple years.

OK so aside from Colorado and Wazzu are there any straight "dog" programs in the Pac-12? If they play their cards right, they could rival the SEC.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:50 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,157,795 times
Quote:

Only 225(?) more days to go...

Old 01-19-2011, 02:58 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,856,625 times
Quote:
Never-

Looks like that Brandon Carter has switched to TCU. Not a 5 star, but that boy has skill. But, I'm sure OU has plenty remaining.

Euless Trinity star receiver Brandon Carter switching verbal commitment from Oklahoma to TCU - ESPN Dallas
Yeah, I posted it in your recruiting thread.

Oh well. I guess OU was recruiting him as a DB? Seems kind of weird to me. I wish the kid luck. (except when we play them in 2012 of course)

Old 01-20-2011, 08:16 PM

I'm thinking the Ducks will get to the Rose Bowl next year and then make a run at the NC in 2012. By that time, I think our system will be fully in place. Hopefully, we can get our OL straightened out early next year. I've gotta admit, I'm still bitter about that NC. I'm very disappointed with numerous parts of our game plan as I do think we were/and will be a better team than AU. But, I'm straight sick and tired about the lousy officiating from every conference in the nation. A lot of bad calls which went against Oregon that night. That Cam fumble was very obvious and we were all screaming at the TV. F***in incompetent refs. Found these little gems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_U8A..._order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n9LgGf_Iko

And don't get me even started on the Cliff Harris pick, the 2 PIs, non-holding calls all night long, etc.

Damn, I hate losing!

Last edited by Acuda; 01-20-2011 at 08:30 PM..

Old 01-20-2011, 08:53 PM

977 posts, read 1,631,537 times
I didn't think the officiating was that bad. Not like Nebraska-Texas A&M or Mississippi-Oklahoma State bad. I think the reason Oregon lost was because they abandoned their fast tempo. It worked well in the first quarter, though they ended up turning the ball over a couple times. After that, nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football