U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:26 PM

8,406 posts, read 8,400,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Don't lose site...

If I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't go back & forth with you... As much lunacy as you spew, I'll still always dialogue with you.

I don't take anything u say personal. And don't take anything I say personally either.

Talking s**t about football is fun... period.
Yeah, you ought to see our extended family reunions...

We have aggies, Sooners, LSU Tigers, Texas Techsters (heck, my own granddaughter goes there right now), Longhorns, Texas Staters, Noter Domers, Mizzou Tigers, and even one UC/Sacramento grad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 08:48 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,384,577 times
Ours is predominantly Oklahoma State with a small Hog contingent and one Sooner in-law.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:26 AM

5,417 posts, read 7,722,447 times
Quote:
Don't lose site...

If I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't go back & forth with you... As much lunacy as you spew, I'll still always dialogue with you.

I don't take anything u say personal. And don't take anything I say personally either.

Talking s**t about football is fun... period.
^^^
This is good.

Sounds like someone relieved some stress and got to sample some of those fine Atlanta honeys, perhaps? If so, well done.

I think the one spewing the proverbial "lunacy" in our scenario is highly debatable though.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,417,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I think the one spewing the proverbial "lunacy" in our scenario is highly debatable though.

Yea yea...

Old 03-08-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Yeah, you ought to see our extended family reunions...

We have aggies, Sooners, LSU Tigers, Texas Techsters (heck, my own granddaughter goes there right now), Longhorns, Texas Staters, Noter Domers, Mizzou Tigers, and even one UC/Sacramento grad.
That's definitely quite a mix... sounds volatile!

My fam is all Vols... and I'm stuck in Bulldog country so my debates with my friends here are legendary! There's a huge Auburn population as well. But their fans are not rabid like Bulldog fans...

Old 04-19-2012, 12:59 PM

Hey GE,

This is not meant to be incendiary at all.

I know you're not really a Tide fan per se, I just thought it was interesting that the writer touched on something that we had dialogued over in the past.

Again, just to show the Bama diehards (one of my really good friends is from Bama and we've had these debates on many occasion) that many if not most college sports writers/fans outside of Bama view the 14 Title claim as bogus.

While I disagree with the author's mention of arrogant coaches/programs (most elite coaches/programs are), I do agree with his opposition to the validity of Bama's 14 Title claim. See it here:
Ranking the Most Arrogant Coaches and Programs in College Football | Bleacher Report

Last edited by Bass&Catfish2008; 04-19-2012 at 01:11 PM..

Old 04-19-2012, 01:13 PM

I hear ya... And understand

But i would "still" say that some of the AP championships awarded were not clear either. Ppl could argue about all the championships. cause even the bcs has controversy sometimes. So if a school wants to claim whatever championship that was bestowed upon them then by all means accept it. they didn't award it to themselves.

Not arguing with u.. Just saying how I view it. The article also knocks Princton for its claims which I don't agree with either. Princeton can claim whatever they want.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I hear ya... And understand

But i would "still" say that some of the AP championships awarded were not clear either. Ppl could argue about all the championships. cause even the bcs has controversy sometimes. So if a school wants to claim whatever championship that was bestowed upon them then by all means accept it. they didn't award it to themselves.

Not arguing with u.. Just saying how I view it. The article also knocks Princton for its claims which I don't agree with either. Princeton can claim whatever they want.
Good call.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:16 PM

171 posts, read 300,114 times
Bama/Auburn probably has to take the cake here IMO. After that it's gotta be the Third Saturday in October. Tennessee and Bama are the two winningest programs in the history of the SEC. IMO its on the level of Oh. St/Mich, OU/Texas, USC/ND, just doesn't get the national publicity. But that rivalry runs deep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football