Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 02:49 PM

541 posts, read 1,902,776 times

Advertisements

Welcome to the LSU thread. Feel free to discuss all things Tigers Football!

A few questions that need to be answered this year:
  • Will this be Les Miles last year or will he redeem himself?
  • Are the Tigers set for another disapointing year or are they set to be a sleeper?
  • Will LSU fix it's Offensive woes?
  • Will the defense continue to dominate under the Chief's second year?
Geaux Tigers! I'm excited for this Saturday against UNC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 06:35 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,240,797 times
The team that won the championship was a $aban recruited team.

Les really hasn't done all that well. If he doesn't get it done this year, he is gone.

Baton Rouge football fans have zero loyalty. All they care about is winning.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:09 AM

In one sense I would agree that we have no loyalty, but in another sense I think it is how we lost that has made so many Tiger fans upset with Les. The Ol' Miss debacle is a prime example. I think if the Tigers were having similar seasons with losses that portrayed at the very least great coaching the story would be different about Les.

However, facts are Les is careless. He was extremely careless even in the 2007 season, but they just happened to have worked so no one noticed until the past two seasons. I personally want Les Miles and Gary Crowton gone.

The biggest problem with Les is he is terrible at developing athletes. He can recruit with the best of them (as evidenced by his top 10 class nearly every year), but by the time they leave Baton Rouge he hasn't done much in the fine tuning aspect of their skills.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:12 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
^^True...LSU is getting a rep as a school where players dont perform well after they leave. Its been said that in order for Les to be successful it is imparitive that he recruits extremely well. As its thought he is limited on the coaching side.

Luckily with the suspensions I see the Tigahs big over UNC.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:43 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
Tigers! The Ducks are gonna get ya next year. Looks like LSU-Oregon at Jerry's World. Should be a good game. I've hung out with some Tigers before...crazy as heck, but cool. I whole grip of Ducks living in Austin will be making our way up to Arlington for this one.

Ducks to Open 2011 Season vs. LSU in Cowboys Classic - GoDucks.com - The University of Oregon Official Athletics Web Site

Old 09-08-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Tigers! The Ducks are gonna get ya next year. Looks like LSU-Oregon at Jerry's World. Should be a good game. I've hung out with some Tigers before...crazy as heck, but cool. I whole grip of Ducks living in Austin will be making our way up to Arlington for this one.

Ducks to Open 2011 Season vs. LSU in Cowboys Classic - GoDucks.com - The University of Oregon Official Athletics Web Site

There was once a time I would have been excited over the news that we would be opening against Oregon (Like 2002-2007). However, as evidenced on Saturday against UNC's practice squad, Les Miles and Gary Crowton don't know how to coach their talent or even give them the ball.

I don't look forward to this game because quite frankly LSU is a shadow of its former self currently.

Back to the whole UNC game....my gripes from Saturday:
  • Did Les Miles/Gary Crowton forget about Russell Sheppard in the second half?
  • Did Les Miles/Gary Crowton forget about the entire offense in the second half?
  • Why did the defensive secondary coach put in true freshman in the 3rd quarter which allowed for a 97 yard TD pass?
  • Why did the defense sit out Patrick Peterson for most of the second half? (Apparently he was told because the coaches wanted to give the younger guys some playing time....IDIOTS)
  • Why did the coaches even try running a play with only a minute left in the fourth quarter which led to a fumble and almost allowing UNC to win the game? Why not take a knee? Les Miles School of Clock Management I guess.
  • Why oh why hasn't Jordan Jefferson improved at all!?!?! I mean come on make a decision, don't stare down a receiver and if you are about to get sacked don't run backwards and give up even more yards.
All in all I foresee another long season for my Tigers. Maybe if we suck again this year Les Miles will get fired.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
^^True...LSU is getting a rep as a school where players dont perform well after they leave. Its been said that in order for Les to be successful it is imparitive that he recruits extremely well. As its thought he is limited on the coaching side.

Luckily with the suspensions I see the Tigahs big over UNC.
While on the one hand I agree with you. However, there are somewhere around 37 current LSU alums on NFL rosters who are quite effective.....problem is they aren't household names so therefore the only pro people associate LSU with is Jamarcus Russell (of which I will always contend it was 50% Raiders fault as to his decline).

I think what I meant is that in game time situations Les Miles and Gary Crowton don't know how to get the ball to their top play makers. Which was obvious by the lack of touches that Russell Sheppard received on Saturday.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:37 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,312,458 times
More Russell Shepard, he is the key to the offense.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:51 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,164,518 times
I sincerely believe this is his last year.

Good luck to LSU in the hunt for a new coach. The rest of the SEC got it in there over the last 3 years.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichele View Post
I sincerely believe this is his last year.

Good luck to LSU in the hunt for a new coach. The rest of the SEC got it in there over the last 3 years.

I don't believe attracting a top notch coach would be that hard for LSU. They have zero in state competition with high quality talent to choose from therefore recruiting is rather simple, the current LSU roster is stacked with un-used/under-used/mis-used talent, LSU is a well known football program with great tradition, and let us not forget the amount of money an LSU coach makes is in the top 10 of NCAA Football coaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football