Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2011, 10:25 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,265,205 times

Advertisements

Looks like things may be getting a little more serious for Oregon. I don't think Kelly will lose his job over it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some sanctions imposed by the NCAA.

------

"But potentially worse for Oregon, and for Kelly, are Lyles' allegations -- backed by documentation including e-mails and phone records -- that he wasn't asked to produce any documentation for the scouting package until last February and March, as news organizations were sniffing around, asking questions about Lyles and the $25,000 check. Lyles told The Register-Guard of Eugene, Ore., he scrambled at Kelly's request, copying and pasting old files to produce the now infamous recruiting pamphlet filled with profiles of players from the high school graduating class of 2009."

Oregon Ducks coach Chip Kelly*mum on Will Lyles to Pac-12 media - George Schroeder - SI.com

------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 11:22 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,442,279 times
There is a lot more to this than what the pathetic media has popped off with. Schroeder is a complete d-bag who is just recycling the same old, same old. In fact, both he and Canzano was shut down by a Pac-12 official when they tried to ask Kelly about stuff he is not at liberty to discuss. Both of those reporters are on a warpath to bring down U of O and seem much harsher than other pundits across the nation. Schroeder implies that Kelly some how ducked the questions, saying "he probably couldn't answer them anyways" yet fails to state that the NCAA has specifically asked the university to not say a word. All Duck insiders I have spoken with are not really worried. Sure, we may get a slap on the wrist, but I think a ton of programs operate in this grey area.

Here is another piece that sheds a different light on the Lache Seastrunk situation.

Duck Sports Authority - Who was really Lache's mentor? (it should be a free article)

Oregon has stood by their story and I believe if they had broken rules, they would have already tried to self-impose. This is not remotely in the same league as USC as some try to say. I think once people have learned about recruiting practices in not only football, but basketball, the furor has died down. Oregon has been very transparent and unlike USC, has cooperated with the NCAA. Besides, the NCAA has spoken with Seastrunk and he could have told a completely different story about Lyles. In recent football related interviews, he sure doesn't sound like he is even remotely worried about not seeing the field. He's just a humble kid looking to improve as a back and get a chance to get some snaps. I have spoken with someone closer (than me) to the program and they have heard rumors that Oregon will not get nailed or hit with any major violations. However, that is with a HUGE grain of salt.

One thing is for sure, no one knows what will happen -idiots who are predicting Oregon's downfall nor Oregon fans. However, Chip Kelly will not be fired- guaranteed.

"In Kelly We Trust!"

Now, where are those fine Duck cheerleaders?

Last edited by Acuda; 08-05-2011 at 12:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football