U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: how do you see the Big XII -2 looking in 5/10 years
dead 7 43.75%
same as now 1 6.25%
they'll add 2 or more schools 6 37.50%
it'll still be around but some schools will leave and be replaced or leave a hole unfilled 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:43 PM

775 posts, read 652,089 times

Advertisements

IMO by 2013 the conference will be like the old SWC, dead

here's kinda how I see it:
to the SEC-
Texas A&M
to the Pac 16
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St
Baylor
Texas Tech
to the Big Ten-
Kansas
Kansas St
independent-
those nasty horns
not sure-
Missouri
Iowa St
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 07:44 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,856,150 times
They'll add BYU and ND.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:17 PM

5,414 posts, read 7,715,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post

to the SEC-
Texas A&M
to the Pac 16
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St
Baylor
Texas Tech
to the Big Ten-
Kansas
Kansas St
independent-
those nasty horns
not sure-
Missouri
Iowa St
This is certainly a possibility. I think Missouri has the academic chops to go to the Mighty Midwest, Big 10 Country. I would feel sorry (truly) for Kansas, K-State, and Iowa State....they would be in a fubar situation.

As far as the SEC, wouldn't it need to add more teams? The SEC has actually propositioned the Sooners with all the talk of realignment. I wouldn't mind seeing the Sooners whoop up on the Hogs and the Tigers year in and year out. However, I don't see OU and Oklahoma State ever separated.....probably the same with Texas and A&M.

If Texas goes Indy I think many traditions/rivalries will go by the wayside. The Red River Shootout wouldn't be mandatory any longer....that's Texas' toughest game that they don't have to play in an Independent situation. The tradition and rivalry games are what make college football so special.

Realignment is certainly a possibility. However, the Sooners and the Aggies can make more money with Texas. OU, A&M, Oklahoma State, and Tech all know this. The reality is that neither the Sooners, even though they are far and away the most storied program in the Big 12 and in all of college football, nor the Aggies can make more money than Tejas. Just too darn big.

I kinda like it that A&M and the Sooners are banding together a bit to put a little pressure on the Horns with all this Bevo Network ordeal.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:16 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,019,580 times
Pac-10 will NOT take Baylor. It is a baptist school and brings absolutely nothing to the conference. Stanford and Cal would have to burn to the ground before they allow BU in. We will take Kansas as they bring more basketball tradition to the conference.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:57 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,948,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
As far as the SEC, wouldn't it need to add more teams? The SEC has actually propositioned the Sooners with all the talk of realignment. I wouldn't mind seeing the Sooners whoop up on the Hogs and the Tigers year in and year out.
Funny. Oklahoma wouldn't have a chance at going undefeated in the SEC. Their school was smart enough to stay in a conference which gives them that possibility year in and year out.

To topic at hand... if none of these teams decided to go to the Pac 10 i.e. the most money, trust me they ain't going anywhere. I see Big 12 adding two schools in. From where I could not say.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:40 AM

5,414 posts, read 7,715,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Funny. Oklahoma wouldn't have a chance at going undefeated in the SEC. Their school was smart enough to stay in a conference which gives them that possibility year in and year out.

To topic at hand... if none of these teams decided to go to the Pac 10 i.e. the most money, trust me they ain't going anywhere. I see Big 12 adding two schools in. From where I could not say.
>>>>>
Funny. Oklahoma wouldn't have a chance at going undefeated in the SEC.
<<<<<

You like that? I didn't say the Sooners would go undefeated I just said it would be fun to whoop on some Hogs/Tigers.

Adding OU to the SEC would ABSOLUTELY change the power structure/dynamic of the SEC West. Hope that doesn't burn your biscuits just the simple truth, son.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:09 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,747,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post

to the SEC-
Texas A&M
to the Pac 16
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St
Baylor
Texas Tech
to the Big Ten-
Kansas
Kansas St
independent-
those nasty horns
not sure-
Missouri
Iowa St
Almost guaranteed Texas will be independent within the next 3-4 years...

They will still keep the OU and A&M Rivalry games. Just cause they are independent doesn't mean they will have to give those up. They will also probably add Notre Dame or BYU as a yearly game. Texas plans to play BYU next year, in 2013 and in 2014. Texas plans to play Notre Dame in 2015, 2016, 2019, and 2020.

Texas will probably be independent by 2015.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:54 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,817,680 times
Missouri will be B1G Ten before Kansas or K St will. I think A&M is really close to the SEC. OU can wait it out to see how the pieces fall because what conference would turn them down?

Old 07-27-2011, 03:28 PM

8,746 posts, read 7,744,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Pac-10 will NOT take Baylor. It is a baptist school and brings absolutely nothing to the conference. Stanford and Cal would have to burn to the ground before they allow BU in. We will take Kansas as they bring more basketball tradition to the conference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
Missouri will be B1G Ten before Kansas or K St will. I think A&M is really close to the SEC. OU can wait it out to see how the pieces fall because what conference would turn them down?
Yeah, the Pac 10 will never take Baylor under any circumstances. I agree that Mizzou would most likely end up in the Big 10 and A&M would most likely end up in the SEC. OU would fit in well in the SEC West but I don't think the powers that be up there in Oklahoma will allow Ok State and OU to be in different conferences so wherever OU goes, OK State will likely go as well. The rest of the Big 12, including my beloved Texas Tech, would most likely end up in the Pac 10 or Mountain West, that's my best guess at this point.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:06 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,723,035 times
Would hope that the conference would have a mad dash to bring 2 or 3 more schools. Not sure what schools they might ask, but they would probably be on the weaker side of a good team. However, I think if asked and persued maybe Cinni/and possible Tulsa would make the conference a bit better. Cinni would be a streatch due to the eastern nature of their location so, just playing football would make more sence as we all know that the bball team wouldnt leave the Big East.

My dream schools would've been TCU/Arkansas but of course that was just a pipe dream.

Either way my Longhorns will be fine in or out of the Big XII, I mean Big XII -2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or