Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2011, 03:36 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
FSU looks like the same old team they've been for the last team years. They played way over their heads vs OU.
Same team? So I guess same result against Florida like last year... Speaking of which, they haven't played anyone yet total record for the 4 teams they played is 4-9. Enjoy Alabama this upcoming weekend.

As for our game...
If it wasn't for 124 yards in penalties, the Noles would have won. Most of those penalties were costly on 3rd/longs and 4th downs, giving Clemson renewed drives. These issues should be ironed out next game.

QB spot finally looks locked up with the freshman Clint Trickett. He played really well, throwing to non-starters as our leading WRs Reed and Haulstead were both out, Shaw was limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattClyde
Well there goes the noles shot at winning the acc
Too early to call. We were out of the race last year until NC State collapsed on multiple games at the end of the season, which landed us in the ACC Championship.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:15 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Same team? So I guess same result against Florida like last year... Speaking of which, they haven't played anyone yet total record for the 4 teams they played is 4-9. Enjoy Alabama this upcoming weekend.

As for our game...
If it wasn't for 124 yards in penalties, the Noles would have won. Most of those penalties were costly on 3rd/longs and 4th downs, giving Clemson renewed drives. These issues should be ironed out next game.

QB spot finally looks locked up with the freshman Clint Trickett. He played really well, throwing to non-starters as our leading WRs Reed and Haulstead were both out, Shaw was limited.

Too early to call. We were out of the race last year until NC State collapsed on multiple games at the end of the season, which landed us in the ACC Championship.
These two games were your entire season as the rest of your schedule is horrible. This was hyped as FSU's comeback year but now you are left hoping to win an ACC title.

Florida is in a rebuilding year. I thing FSU has been in going on 10 years now.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:47 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Toledo I think is not your standard MAC team this year...played Ohio State tough last week and kept up with Boise for most of the night tonight. Might give Northern Illinois a run for the MAC title.

The MAC preseason poll had Toledo winning the western division with Northern Illinois second. Personally, I could see Western Michigan winning the West.

However, if I was a betting person, all my money would go on Temple to win it all.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
These two games were your entire season as the rest of your schedule is horrible.
So I get this right... your team is horrible... you said it, not me.

As for entire season, there are still games to be played. Clemson's remaining games has them playing the rest of ACC tough teams on the road. @VT, @Maryland, @GT... 3 potential losses. We on the other hand get any tough team at home ACC wise; note we don't have VT or GT on schedule this year. Again, ACC race is far from over.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
So I get this right... your team is horrible... you said it, not me.

As for entire season, there are still games to be played. Clemson's remaining games has them playing the rest of ACC tough teams on the road. @VT, @Maryland, @GT... 3 potential losses. We on the other hand get any tough team at home ACC wise; note we don't have VT or GT on schedule this year. Again, ACC race is far from over.
UF and GT are the only teams with a winning record left on your schedule.

The FSU hype was national championship hopes and that has quickly ended. You'll be lucky if 40k show up for your next home game.

FSU has to beat UF for your season not to be a failure.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
UF and GT are the only teams with a winning record left on your schedule.
Being that we don't even play GT, obviously you don't know your stuff.

Quote:
The FSU hype was national championship hopes and that has quickly ended.
Hype... we weren't favored in both of the games we lost. Again, learn your material.

Quote:
You'll be lucky if 40k show up for your next home game.
We aren't Miami. Our fans aren't bandwagoners. If you really are a true gator fan, you would have known that too...

Quote:
FSU has to beat UF for your season not to be a failure.
If your gage of success rides on just winning the title or winning a particular game, then you are in for some big disappointment.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Being that we don't even play GT, obviously you don't know your stuff.

Hype... we weren't favored in both of the games we lost. Again, learn your material.

We aren't Miami. Our fans aren't bandwagoners. If you really are a true gator fan, you would have known that too...

If your gage of success rides on just winning the title or winning a particular game, then you are in for some big disappointment.
I meant to say Wake instead of GT.

OU game was your first sellout in years. Your fan support has been horrible because it's been 10 years of average teams.

National Championships/BCS games/conference title games show how successful your program is. Now ACC title games and Big East ones don't really mean much these days. Either way FSU hasn't done any of the above in a long time.

You can chose to ignore the hype that was there before the year but when you play in the ACC the two games you lost end your season based on the expectations going into the year which were national title hopes.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:19 PM

977 posts, read 1,955,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
However, if I was a betting person, all my money would go on Temple to win it all.
Yeah after seeing them monkey-stomp what was supposed to be a half-decent Maryland team (on the road), my new MAC pick is Temple.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:27 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,126,379 times
Huge game Saturday night in Madison-----Nebraskas first big ten game---against the Badgers. This looks to be a great match up.

I believe I read Osborne is advising Nebraska fans to show up in black so they dont contribute to the Wisconsin sea of red in Madison.

The ticket prices are getting astronomical. Its going to a rocking frollicking night in Madison----if the Badgers prevail there will a lot of activity on State Street after the game.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:27 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Yeah after seeing them monkey-stomp what was supposed to be a half-decent Maryland team (on the road), my new MAC pick is Temple.
Temple had a great year last year up until the final two games - and deserved a bowl bid.

I watched the 3rd quarter on ESPN3 and they were pretty much manhandling Maryland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football