U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 01:36 AM

2,818 posts, read 5,822,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Tulsa: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Boise State
LSU: Oregon, Northwestern State, Miss State, West Virginia
Not that it compares to Tulsa's schedule but Arizona have had Oklahoma State, Stanford and Oregon in their first four matches. Just some fun facts.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:58 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,948,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
OU game was your first sellout in years. Your fan support has been horrible because it's been 10 years of average teams.
Florida and Miami games sell out every year (whichever one is at home). But again, you should know that.

Quote:
National Championships/BCS games/conference title games show how successful your program is. Now ACC title games and Big East ones don't really mean much these days. Either way FSU hasn't done any of the above in a long time.
Ah the Florida Gator mentality. So when do you plan to stop watching your team... after Alabama crushes you next week or the week after when they go to LSU?

Quote:
You can chose to ignore the hype that was there before the year but when you play in the ACC the two games you lost end your season based on the expectations going into the year which were national title hopes.
Again, when you aren't favored in both games, no one believes you are winning a national championship. Oklahoma favored by 3, Clemson favored by 4. You are the one creating this "hype". The only hype for our team was winning the ACC, which still is up in the air. Again, Clemson has 3 rough road games so it is far from over.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:39 PM

5,507 posts, read 9,284,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
Huge game Saturday night in Madison-----Nebraskas first big ten game---against the Badgers. This looks to be a great match up.

I believe I read Osborne is advising Nebraska fans to show up in black so they dont contribute to the Wisconsin sea of red in Madison.

The ticket prices are getting astronomical. Its going to a rocking frollicking night in Madison----if the Badgers prevail there will a lot of activity on State Street after the game.
No one travels better than Nebraska. They will bring a ton of people.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Florida and Miami games sell out every year (whichever one is at home). But again, you should know that.

Ah the Florida Gator mentality. So when do you plan to stop watching your team... after Alabama crushes you next week or the week after when they go to LSU?

Again, when you aren't favored in both games, no one believes you are winning a national championship. Oklahoma favored by 3, Clemson favored by 4. You are the one creating this "hype". The only hype for our team was winning the ACC, which still is up in the air. Again, Clemson has 3 rough road games so it is far from over.
Mustberger claimed it was the first in two years which was the last time UF was there for us to buy up all your tickets. I'm not sure counting sellouts based on playing teams that fill up your seats is really much to brag about.

I'm a season ticket holder so I'll be at every game. FSU fan is the one that bails when things aren't going well. You try selling tickets to TCC students. It was only a couple years ago there was some ticket special for $100 dollars.

You are the most modest and patient FSU fan I've ever encountered. All the ones I talk to had national championship hopes. The media was right on board. This attitude of low expectations has served you well over the last 10 years I guess.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:02 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,900,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
Huge game Saturday night in Madison-----Nebraskas first big ten game---against the Badgers. This looks to be a great match up.

I believe I read Osborne is advising Nebraska fans to show up in black so they dont contribute to the Wisconsin sea of red in Madison.

The ticket prices are getting astronomical. Its going to a rocking frollicking night in Madison----if the Badgers prevail there will a lot of activity on State Street after the game.
State Street will be a party regardless. Its a fun place to be even if you are the visitor...unlike say LSU.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:06 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,817,910 times
There could be 25,000 Husker fans in Madison that night. Not every single one in the game, but I know there are hundreds of students driving up to Madison just to party. It is going to be nuts.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:27 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,948,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Mustberger claimed it was the first in two years which was the last time UF was there for us to buy up all your tickets. I'm not sure counting sellouts based on playing teams that fill up your seats is really much to brag about.
You buy into ESPN bias... now I understand your approach.

Quote:
You are the most modest and patient FSU fan I've ever encountered. All the ones I talk to had national championship hopes. The media was right on board. This attitude of low expectations has served you well over the last 10 years I guess.
Again, media wasn't onboard. Both teams were favored. That means everyone thinks that those two teams were going to beat us. If you have 2 losses, it is near impossible to make national championship in today's play where most teams schedule non-conference cakewalks *cough* Florida.

As for low expectations... my expectations is seeing my team improving each year. I don't have unrealistic expectations like most Gator fans do. Meyer HAD to bowed out when Dan Mullen (i.e. the brains) left since last season was just hysterical. Foley drives coaches out when they don't perform.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
You buy into ESPN bias... now I understand your approach.

Again, media wasn't onboard. Both teams were favored. That means everyone thinks that those two teams were going to beat us. If you have 2 losses, it is near impossible to make national championship in today's play where most teams schedule non-conference cakewalks *cough* Florida.

As for low expectations... my expectations is seeing my team improving each year. I don't have unrealistic expectations like most Gator fans do. Meyer HAD to bowed out when Dan Mullen (i.e. the brains) left since last season was just hysterical. Foley drives coaches out when they don't perform.
Bias against FSU? haha. You guys haven't done anything in 10 years, that isn't them being bias.

Clemson was only favored because Manuel(who Desmond Howard said would be a heisman candidate after OU game) was hurt.

You look very foolish commenting on Florida's schedule. Care to compare sagarin rankings at the end of the year?

You are right, Foley does demand results. It's why UF won two national championships while FSU hasn't done anything in 10 years. Expectations are driven by the fanbase which goes back to why FSU has a casual following. They will put up with a decade of not winning while top programs will not.

BYU

Wake

Old 09-26-2011, 07:09 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,857,229 times
Quote:
Predicting 11-1 regular season.
Sucks when the prediction for your team is out the window after only 4 weeks.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Sucks when the prediction for your team is out the window after only 4 weeks.
Interesting. So all of his recent posts are a bit of revisionist history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or