U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2011, 01:56 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,770,995 times

Advertisements

Well the Big XII FINALLY got it's head from out of it's ass and enacted a logical revenue sharing system. (Yea like 15 years late).

Looks like the Big East is trying to shore up it's defenses as well.

Will the superconferences come? Probably, I still think so although not as quickly as we thought.

This gives a chance for some of those wild card teams (Mizzou, Kansas, WVU, Rutgers) a chance to actually get something going and show that they would actually be WORTH something to a conference.

After all, you have to win big to be a TV draw and make bank. There fore opportunity will knock at JUST the right time.

------------------------------------------------------

Haven't seen any games due to busy weekends. But how about Clemson. Nice to see an old dog learn some new tricks, the ACC needed it.

As for my Cavs. YECH. Didn't think we'd be "good" this year but I thought we'd do better than this. Ugh, UVA has to beat Duke, BC and NCST somehow or I will be real depressed come November.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:27 PM

324 posts, read 372,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Again, if we didn't commit the penalities (the 124 yards we GAVE them), the drives were dead i.e. points wipe from the board.

First quarter 2nd drive - 4th and 3. Roughing kicker; nice acting job on that one. New first. Clemson drives/scored. 7 points.
- If didn't happen, FSU ball.

Second quarter 1st drive - 3rd and 4. Unnessary roughness. New first. 7 points instead of potential FG.
- If didn't happen, Field Goal attempt.

Third quarter 3rd drive - 3rd and 8. Pass interference on a ball the WR wouldn't have caught. New first. Clemson drives/scored. 7 points.
- If didn't happen, Punt.

These 3 drives = 21 points of their total 35 points. Shave them off and add 3 for a FG and you have 17 and a loss.

As for the rest of the comment, that last drive had one pass interference penalty but didn't include our own 10 yard penalty. As for Boyd's interception, he was sacked and tried to make a play so we took it to the house; blame him as our defense outplayed him that play.

By the way, the fans in my section didn't leave until the end. Note as I left the stadium I had Clemson fans include the one that I went with that said we are lucky to win that game due to how many penalties your team gave up.

They were (never said they weren't) since our defense didn't play smart and Clemson came to play.
Wow, just wow - I know this is hard to believe - It doesn't just happen that when a Pass Interference happens that 7 points magically goes on the scoreboard. And are you sure that everything else would have just happened as it did?

Maybe Clemson coverting 9 of 17 3rd downs while FSU only goes 3 of 10?

Maybe only FSU getting into the red zone twice and getting 1 TD and 1 FG?

Maybe TOP being lopsided in favor of the Tigers?

Thompson only has 36 yards rushing for the game??

I guess those facts don't play into the game - yep, penalties were the ONLY factor!

So, when FSU gets a penalty, the defense becomes impotent, right?

But suddenly, the defense "created" a TD when Boyd tried to avoid the rush, tripped over his own feet and lost the ball??? You do realize you just contradicted yourself??? Sorry, (-7)

On your last TD - without Clemson penalties - no TD (-7)

So, by your math - Clemson 17 FSU 16

Cenrtainly, the penalties HELPED Clemson, no argument there. Would the outcome be different if FSU cuts those penalties in half, do they win? It was very possible. But we don't know, honestly.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:56 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,946,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
ACTING??? Are you serious? Watch this clip at :41and tell me he was acting. He could have been severely injured (he was out the rest of the game and not 100% vs. VT on Saturday).

Clemson's Punter gets rocked! - YouTube
That is the second roughing the kicker penalty call we got and yes that one was deserving.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyMcGarley View Post
Maybe Clemson coverting 9 of 17 3rd downs while FSU only goes 3 of 10?
Not sure what that matters. We still had 365 yards of offense i.e. marching down the field.

Quote:
Thompson only has 36 yards rushing for the game??
I guess you haven't seen our other games. Thompson has 81 yards on the season playing Oklahoma and two dud schools (i.e. where yardage should be plenty).

Quote:
I guess those facts don't play into the game - yep, penalties were the ONLY factor!
From negatives on our side. Yes. Penalties was the biggest. We had a couple busted coverages see your first TD.

Quote:
But suddenly, the defense "created" a TD when Boyd tried to avoid the rush, tripped over his own feet and lost the ball??? You do realize you just contradicted yourself??? Sorry, (-7)
Not sure what you mean by that. No fumbles were lost. I thought you were talking about when Boyd was being sacked and threw the ball falling and Warner ran it in, which was a bad play by Boyd.

Quote:
Cenrtainly, the penalties HELPED Clemson, no argument there. Would the outcome be different if FSU cuts those penalties in half, do they win? It was very possible. But we don't know, honestly.
Agreed. The game ended and the result the same. I just disagreed with your one comment. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:56 AM

Dominque Easley (UF DT) alleged attack against ex-Bama player after game. Meyer's gone yet the crime still continues.
http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1273923

Old 10-04-2011, 01:19 PM

8,382 posts, read 8,373,886 times
Odd Texas A&M Aggie Fact
The Ags are currently number one in QB sacks with 4.5 per game and last in passing defense, 120th.

Only the Aggies could pull something like that off.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:37 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,853,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Odd Texas A&M Aggie Fact
The Ags are currently number one in QB sacks with 4.5 per game and last in passing defense, 120th.

Only the Aggies could pull something like that off.

That seems like it would be very hard to do. WOW. Live by the blitz, die by the blitz.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:01 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,379,787 times
It's like when someone is trying to learn to play Madden or NCAA Football and just runs the same defense play over and over.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:17 PM

5,507 posts, read 9,275,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Dominque Easley (UF DT) alleged attack against ex-Bama player after game. Meyer's gone yet the crime still continues.
TideSports.com - UFPD investigating assault on former UA player
I missed that Greg Reid post you must have made.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
I missed that Greg Reid post you must have made.
Covering for a friend != Jumping a person from behind after their ex-team destroyed your team. Note it also != as throwing a haymaker (see Bostic) at a Bama player during the game because their tackling was bad, very bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or