U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2011, 12:20 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,818,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Well, considering Snoop Dogg, a USC supporter, gave 9 year old DeAnthony Thomas his nickname way back in Pop Warner...in this case, Kobe is way late. Feel free to research Southern California recruiting and learn a little. And that's a fact in Los Angeles lore. There was only one Black Mamba before Kobe...and he was/is from Crenshaw High...and he goes to Oregon.
Right and you feel free to research boxing history. You will see that there were two Black Mamba's before Kobe and one before DeAnthony Thomas. So no you can't make the one and only claim.

Walk down any street in LA and 99/100 people will tell you that the Black Mamba is Kobe. I don't care what Snoop says. When this kid gets a movie directed by Robert Rodriguez about him and it is called "The Black Mamba" we will talk. Until then Kobe will be know as The Black Mamba.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:41 AM

2,091 posts, read 3,020,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
Right and you feel free to research boxing history. You will see that there were two Black Mamba's before Kobe and one before DeAnthony Thomas. So no you can't make the one and only claim.

Walk down any street in LA and 99/100 people will tell you that the Black Mamba is Kobe. I don't care what Snoop says. When this kid gets a movie directed by Robert Rodriguez about him and it is called "The Black Mamba" we will talk. Until then Kobe will be know as The Black Mamba.
Who the h*** cares anyways? It's a nickname for a 19 year old kid who plays college football. We're talking college footbal on this forum, not Laker basketball. A lot of people in LA who follow college recruiting could tell you all about Thomas as the kid was an SC lock since Pop Warner.

But seriously, feel free to call Kobe whatever you want. Don't let me stand in your way.

More of the Black Mamba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXldY...eature=related

Last edited by Acuda; 10-08-2011 at 07:09 AM..

Old 10-08-2011, 07:15 AM

3,022 posts, read 4,530,718 times
You know, It would be nice if some of those teams in the top 5 would get eliminated. Boise needs to play someone and get eliminated. My Ducks did get beat by a better team LSU , but I think if we beat Stanford, we deserve another shot at the NC.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:16 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,857,229 times
Quote:
Who the h*** cares anyways? It's a nickname for a 19 year old kid who plays college football. We're talking college footbal on this forum, not Laker basketball. A lot of people in LA who follow college recruiting could tell you all about Thomas as the kid was an SC lock since Pop Warner.

But seriously, feel free to call Kobe whatever you want. Don't let me stand in your way.

More of the Black Mamba

De'Anthony Thomas 69 yd. reception vs Nevada for TD - YouTube
He's 18 years old.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:16 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,948,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post

Also lets not forget his Nike clothing line named the same...
Nike Basketball - The Black Mamba - US

But who cares...

Old 10-08-2011, 01:38 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,020,216 times
So, not really surprising to see OU axe murder Texas today. But, how in the heck was Texas ranked even close to the Top 10? Only Texas could rise so high and so fast beating creampuffs. Okie State will brutalize them even more next week.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:49 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,948,675 times
Please fire Fisher and try and get Peterson. Our team is way too predictable. No wonder a team like Wake Forest beats us. What a joke.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
So, not really surprising to see OU axe murder Texas today. But, how in the heck was Texas ranked even close to the Top 10? Only Texas could rise so high and so fast beating creampuffs. Okie State will brutalize them even more next week.
Well...Boise is #5 wooping up on tough teams like Nevada, Toledo, that powder puff from last night...while my Ducks lose to #1 and are stuck at 9th

Old 10-08-2011, 05:14 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,822,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Well...Boise is #5 wooping up on tough teams like Nevada, Toledo, that powder puff from last night...while my Ducks lose to #1 and are stuck at 9th
Didn't Oregon woop on that same tough team from Nevada? And at the moment Boise State deserve to be ranked ahead of the Ducks as much as it pains me to say.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Didn't Oregon woop on that same tough team from Nevada? And at the moment Boise State deserve to be ranked ahead of the Ducks as much as it pains me to say.
Yeah, Boise probably deserves it, but they wont keep it. As soon as Standford goes down (or wins) to the Ducks, its going to shake up the top 10 big time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or