U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2011, 09:38 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,608,655 times

Advertisements

Wow, OU beat another hapless Big 12, or is it 8, or 4...team. Impressive.

Wait til you take on an SEC team, ponies. Alabama or LSU would have their way with the spooners and they know it. I wouldn't even feel that confident against Arkansas, to tell the truth.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:55 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,853,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Wait til you take on an SEC team, ponies. Alabama or LSU would have their way with the spooners and they know it. I wouldn't even feel that confident against Arkansas, to tell the truth.
Well which one? Real fans don't root for football conferences, they root for football teams.

SEC x3!

Old 10-08-2011, 10:22 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,818,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Yeah, Boise probably deserves it, but they wont keep it. As soon as Standford goes down (or wins) to the Ducks, its going to shake up the top 10 big time.
Of course, when Oregon plays the bigger teams, no doubt they will jump the spots the deserve. I'm just waiting for a SEC team to be upset for the rankings to jumble a bit.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Please fire Fisher and try and get Peterson. Our team is way too predictable. No wonder a team like Wake Forest beats us. What a joke.
I think you guys need to relax a bit. I know it's frustrating for a school with such rich football tradition to have to wait a few years before returning to glory, but give it time. I think Jimbo's got the Noles headed in the right direction. He's got FSU bringing in a fresh supply of talent, which is what they really needed those last few years under Bowden. I think Fisher will turn that team around, and if not, then at least the next guy will have more talent to work with. Give it another year.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:35 PM

Why in the hell was Texas ranked so high anyway, they had beat nobody impressive, just beat a BYU which is their worst in recent memory, nobody stand out on their schedule prior to today's game.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Of course, when Oregon plays the bigger teams, no doubt they will jump the spots the deserve. I'm just waiting for a SEC team to be upset for the rankings to jumble a bit.
I think Oregon can make it to the Rose Bowl, but they're going to be a long shot to make it to the BCS game this year. Either LSU or Alabama will represent what will surely be a spot waiting for the SEC champion. The only way the SEC wouldn't get in is if Florida or South Carolina somehow stuns them in the SEC title game. And even then, the way things are stacked, if say LSU or Alabama ends up with their lone loss coming in the SEC title game, they could somehow get in with one loss, or better yet, the SEC West runner up could sneak in without even playing in the title game. Outside the SEC, I think Stanford has a shot, but not Oregon. Not unless Wisconsin, Boise St., Okla. and OKla St. all end up crashing, which is not very likely.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I think Oregon can make it to the Rose Bowl, but they're going to be a long shot to make it to the BCS game this year. Either LSU or Alabama will represent what will surely be a spot waiting for the SEC champion. The only way the SEC wouldn't get in is if Florida or South Carolina somehow stuns them in the SEC title game. And even then, the way things are stacked, if say LSU or Alabama ends up with their lone loss coming in the SEC title game, they could somehow get in with one loss, or better yet, the SEC West runner up could sneak in without even playing in the title game. Outside the SEC, I think Stanford has a shot, but not Oregon. Not unless Wisconsin, Boise St., Okla. and OKla St. all end up crashing, which is not very likely.
As much as I dislike the SEC (mainly because some of their fans on other forums relentlessly bloat) I have to say that boy are they unreal so far this year. November 5 should be massive if both team can go undefeated. From that game at this point I'd have to say would be odds on for the BCS Championship.

Oregon I think also could have too much of a mountain to climb, that one loss in their first game to the #1 could count them out already. However college football is unpredictable and anything can happen.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:49 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,945,828 times
Quote:
I think you guys need to relax a bit. I know it's frustrating for a school with such rich football tradition to have to wait a few years before returning to glory, but give it time. I think Jimbo's got the Noles headed in the right direction. He's got FSU bringing in a fresh supply of talent, which is what they really needed those last few years under Bowden. I think Fisher will turn that team around, and if not, then at least the next guy will have more talent to work with. Give it another year.
Fisher has been running the offense since 2007. Each year we keep being told it's young talent. It has been that way for a couple years now. Enough is enough. The players look uninsipred. The coaches look the same. Does anyone care. Each week I see our opponents with more heart and excitement than our team by miles. This is a coaching thing. The playbook/playcalling is predictable. This is also a coaching thing. As for recruiting, it has been high even as the program was ailing. The talent is/was here. When it comes to sending guys to the Pros, we are high on the list.

Look at the season so far... We hold Oklahoma to a very manageable game. Since then, we kill ourself in Clemson (who at least they are undefeated playing good teams) and we just let Wake have an amazing day (5 TOs); both teams scored 35 points (13 more than Oklahoma). Funny fact: We were picked to take ACC, Wake was to picked to be the worst in the ACC Atlantic division. Again, the Wake loss is just unacceptable; their team went 3-9 last year.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:08 AM

3,022 posts, read 4,525,426 times
Oregon will beat the ASU, to propel them to number 7, as it will be a fairly large when, then they will hopefully sqeeeeek by Stanford, which will be number 4 at the time ( I predict), that will but them in the top 4 by the time the SEC championship is played, of course, of those big boys has to go down...hopefully an upset, and then Oregon sits at number 2...thats how it goes down. Well, I might just be dreaming, but it would sure be nice, as my state has won nothing but an NBA championship in 1977. We are Awesome at placing 2nd.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Oregon will beat the ASU, to propel them to number 7, as it will be a fairly large when, then they will hopefully sqeeeeek by Stanford, which will be number 4 at the time ( I predict), that will but them in the top 4 by the time the SEC championship is played, of course, of those big boys has to go down...hopefully an upset, and then Oregon sits at number 2...thats how it goes down. Well, I might just be dreaming, but it would sure be nice, as my state has won nothing but an NBA championship in 1977. We are Awesome at placing 2nd.
Just on an kind of OT subject, I went to Eugene last year to watch the Ducks play Arizona, awesome experience, awesome atmosphere, and my first college football game, I would move to Eugene just to watch the Ducks play every year in that unreal stadium, then the next day, I went up to Portland to watch Oregon face Duck in bball, the best two period in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or