U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2011, 07:17 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,945,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
UF had no expectations this year while FSU was billed as a national title contender. You have three losses with one to Wake Forest while UF has lost to two top 3 teams.
Tell that to Foley. AP High 12, now unranked. You had expectations just like we did. As for comparing losses, who cares. Oklahoma is #3 and we lost by 10. Clemson is #8 and we lost by 5. Grand total: 15. Reminder you lost by 58. But again, who cares.

This is the first time since 1982 that a Florida school isn't in the Top 25.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:25 PM

5,412 posts, read 7,706,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Tell that to Foley. AP High 12, now unranked. You had expectations just like we did. As for comparing losses, who cares. Oklahoma is #3 and we lost by 10. Clemson is #8 and we lost by 5. Grand total: 15. Reminder you lost by 58. But again, who cares.

I would have expected them to do better....the loss to Wake is unacceptable. I know the Sooners banged 'em up real good and the loss of Immanuel can't really be overestimated, but I would have expected the defense for FSU to play much better as well as special teams.

With all the great athletes that FSU has I would have expected them to be more LSU-esque with great team speed, solid special teams play, and defensive turnovers.

I hate to admit it but the shine has been knocked off of the Sooner victory a tad.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:20 AM

8,379 posts, read 8,369,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I would have expected them to do better....the loss to Wake is unacceptable. I know the Sooners banged 'em up real good and the loss of Immanuel can't really be overestimated, but I would have expected the defense for FSU to play much better as well as special teams.

With all the great athletes that FSU has I would have expected them to be more LSU-esque with great team speed, solid special teams play, and defensive turnovers.

I hate to admit it but the shine has been knocked off of the Sooner victory a tad.
Maybe, but the land thieves made up for it by grinding Bevo up into burgers at the State Fair.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:23 PM

5,507 posts, read 9,273,666 times
Quote:

You predicted yourself 1 loss the entire year. FSU was in the national championship talk and UF wasn't even considered.

This will be some nice reading for you. FSU and the lost decade.

College Football's Most Overrated? Try Florida State - WSJ.com

Old 10-11-2011, 09:30 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,945,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
You predicted yourself 1 loss the entire year. FSU was in the national championship talk and UF wasn't even considered.
Again, losing one game doesn't put yourself into the title game from the ACC. My expectation was winning the ACC and playing in a BCS bowl i.e. the Orange Bowl (which obviously won't be occuring with the loss to Wake this past weekend).

As for you, UF wasn't considered due to how much better Alabama and LSU were in addition to you having a new HC. But just not being in the NC picture doesn't mean teams don't have expectations. Did I really expect your team to get beat the past two weeks? Yes. Did I expect them to get destroyed beyond belief in those two games which in turn made you unranked this week? No. Not at all. I am assuming you and other UF fans didn't expect the same.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:43 PM

5,507 posts, read 9,273,666 times
Quote:
Again, losing one game doesn't put yourself into the title game from the ACC. My expectation was winning the ACC and playing in a BCS bowl i.e. the Orange Bowl (which obviously won't be occuring with the loss to Wake this past weekend).

As for you, UF wasn't considered due to how much better Alabama and LSU were in addition to you having a new HC. But just not being in the NC picture doesn't mean teams don't have expectations. Did I really expect your team to get beat the past two weeks? Yes. Did I expect them to get destroyed beyond belief in those two games which in turn made you unranked this week? No. Not at all. I am assuming you and other UF fans didn't expect the same.
Another. Biggest flops.

Tuesday Top 10: Biggest duds of first half - CBSSports.com

Old 10-11-2011, 03:07 PM

968 posts, read 1,525,210 times
Quote:
Fisher has been running the offense since 2007. Each year we keep being told it's young talent. It has been that way for a couple years now. Enough is enough. The players look uninsipred. The coaches look the same. Does anyone care. Each week I see our opponents with more heart and excitement than our team by miles. This is a coaching thing. The playbook/playcalling is predictable. This is also a coaching thing. As for recruiting, it has been high even as the program was ailing. The talent is/was here. When it comes to sending guys to the Pros, we are high on the list.

Look at the season so far... We hold Oklahoma to a very manageable game. Since then, we kill ourself in Clemson (who at least they are undefeated playing good teams) and we just let Wake have an amazing day (5 TOs); both teams scored 35 points (13 more than Oklahoma). Funny fact: We were picked to take ACC, Wake was to picked to be the worst in the ACC Atlantic division. Again, the Wake loss is just unacceptable; their team went 3-9 last year.
I think you hit on something there - I watched a good portion of that WF/FSU game, and It just seemed (to my untrained eye) the FSU was "going through the motions" and that WF really wanted it more.

I think those back-to-back losses to Oklahoma & Clemson really took sonething out of them.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:11 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
I think you hit on something there - I watched a good portion of that WF/FSU game, and It just seemed (to my untrained eye) the FSU was "going through the motions" and that WF really wanted it more.

I think those back-to-back losses to Oklahoma & Clemson really took sonething out of them.
Funny you say that. My buddy is an FSU alum and before the OU game he was saying that if they beat OU they would probably run the table but if they lost that game they would end up with 4 or 5 losses. Didn't make sense to me at the time. I don't follow them closely enough to know, but he does and his prediction is right on so far.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:06 PM

1,632 posts, read 403,518 times
Baylor Bears against the Texas A&M Aggies today in College Station. I prefer the "local" Bears more but undoubtedly think the Aggies will win, especially at Kyle Field. It's 24-14 A&M at halftime, and I say they hold on and win 45-38.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:08 AM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,575 times
Oregon takes care of business by rolling up over 320 yards on the ground on ASU. Darron Thomas went down in the 3rd with a knee injury. Hope he can get back quickly. Our redshirt freshman qb, Bryan Bennett, stepped up and played well.

Got real tired of hearing Brent Musberger go on and on about how tall ASU's Qb was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or