Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2011, 10:03 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
And without our starting QB and RB. We had walk-ons I have never heard of at the start of the 4th.
Well, no offense, but it's Colorado. If this were 1991, I'd be impressed.

That said, when you look at Chip Kelly's recruiting, the rest of the country had better take note. The Ducks are drafting some *massive* guys on the front lines. That offense is going to be virtually unstoppable in another year or two.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:55 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,557 times
With OU and Wisconsin falling, things are looking great in the BSC standings, at least for Clemson who can now go up.
Go Tigers!

Old 10-23-2011, 11:44 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,149 times
AP poll is out, I know it's meaningless now but it's good for outside opinion (stupid coaches poll).

College Football Rankings, Week 9: AP Poll Has Stanford, Oklahoma State Leaping Boise State - SB Nation Bay Area

OSU I bet is real happy. Unfortunetly Big 10 is likely out of the Natty race now. Otherwise, pretty much what you would expect although Boise State is too high. Clemson should be above them.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:47 AM

Clemson's got a great offense. No defense, though. Bama or LSU would crush them.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
We have 7 Undefeated teams left. Best case scenario at season end would be 5, as Oklahoma State and Kansas still have a game in two weeks and LSU and Bama are on schedule sometime soon as well. Should the Stanford Cardinal emerge undefeated, would a better National Champeenship pit them against LSU, or would an OSU team that ended up winning the Big 12 (which has only ten teams due to the Collegiate recession) make for a better game? What about Boise State vs Houston? Would two undefeated programs draw well in the PapaJohn Pizza Bowl? Clemson too could finish unscathed, my vote (which does not count BTW) would be to put them against Stanford in a big bowl like the Rose Bowl sponsored by Dr Pepper/Coke/Pepsi/MrPibb/Lipton Tea/sanka coffee and showcase an East vs West Rivalry
Most Likely someone Both OSU and Kansas will both lose along the way, Stanford Might drop a game to the Ducks and the ACC is so unpredictable that The Rambling Wresck of Georgia Tech may get it together and knock of CLemson
If that happens, there is no way that Houston or Boise State, both undefeated, will ever get into the National Championship game. The Gamemakers do not take Boise Seriously, I mean come on, they play on a blue carpet, how cartoonish is that? and as for Houston, unless you are Miami, it is wrong to name your college after a city and get any respect.
That is why Boise State and Houston will play in some low payout bowl on Dec 27th even though they are both undefeated, and the SEC will lock up the National Title Game much to the disappointment of fans ot the PAC 12, Big ten and twelve, Big East WAC, CSU, MAC, Mountain West and ACC

(Humor provided for free, all other comments are mine alone and have no bearing on anything really)
As for my following gut feelings;

Clemson is gonna fight V Tech in the ACC Champ Game, people have figured out Georgia Tech.

I will party so hard if Stanford makes it into the Natty game, it would be historic and a more interesting game because I see them as a more interesting match to LSU's style of a team. Not that OSU would be a bad adversary either but their defense doesn't really leap out at you.

As for Boise I was all on them the other year but now? Meh. Georgia Tech and Illinois have shown that just because you undefeated despite beating a bunch of scrubs doesn't mean you are all that. Clemson beat FSU, VT AND Auburn. If they take care of Georgia Tech like all other big boys have, they are are easy ACC champ favorites. So that whole ACC sched is scrubs argument doesn't work this year not compared to Boise's sched.

And then heaven forbid Sparty takes care of Nebraska next week. They easily deserve to jump Boise. Watch OSU too. Oregon and Stanford both are more deserving as well because of strength of sched.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:07 PM

Right now, the best non-SEC team would have to be Oklahoma St. Stanford might look impressive piling on 65 points on Washington, but keep in mind that the Huskies gave up about 51 to Nebraska, so they're not exactly a top-ranked defense. Stanford-Oregon will be an interesting game to watch. The Cardinal would have to be favored, but the Ducks could steal one.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:16 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Well, no offense, but it's Colorado. If this were 1991, I'd be impressed.

That said, when you look at Chip Kelly's recruiting, the rest of the country had better take note. The Ducks are drafting some *massive* guys on the front lines. That offense is going to be virtually unstoppable in another year or two.
Yes, well aware of Colorado's skill level, or lack there of.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:01 PM

BCS rankings out....

NCAA College Football BCS Standings Week 9 - ESPN

We all know only the top 10 matter here, so lets be brief.

We all know about Boomer Sooner busting.

I like me some Snyderman but KSU is WAY too high. That will change though.

Already said my peace about Boise State. Objectively they still have a chance but they need help. If OSU wins out they are easily more deserving of a Natty berth. Stanford the same, but they have a tougher go of it due to their schedule.

Congrats to Clemson on repping the ACC. Unless something weird happens with Georgia Tech they likely win out. Yea I know there's the rivalry game but Cocky isn't THAT good this year and it's IN Clemson. So I say they go to Charlotte to fight Vah Tek.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:52 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,188,745 times
Nebraska is better than Wisconsin according to the BCS.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:28 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Right now, the best non-SEC team would have to be Oklahoma St. Stanford might look impressive piling on 65 points on Washington, but keep in mind that the Huskies gave up about 51 to Nebraska, so they're not exactly a top-ranked defense. Stanford-Oregon will be an interesting game to watch. The Cardinal would have to be favored, but the Ducks could steal one.
Wont be a steal...They will score about 51, and we will score 65...its simple it will be a track meet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football