U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2011, 10:57 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,383,647 times

Advertisements

People would still find plenty to complain about---they'd say one team had an easier bracket than the other, etc. I think you'd see about the same amount of arguing.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:51 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yeah, I think the Ducks' chances were blown when we lost to LSU. Sure, if teams start losing anything could happen, but that's a huge 'if.' I am adamently opposed to a rematch against teams from the same conference...most years. But, if Bama and LSU play to a dead draw, then well, maybe. The SEC had proven they are the best the last 5-6 years- not NFL caliber like some of these SEC space monkeys think, but they have the results in the big one.

I think OU has the talent to beat either team- but WTF was that Tech game? I do think they beat OSU because they always beat OSU (that is one loppsided series). Boise State would get worn down and lose IMO (40-17ish). My Ducks...hmm, I think we are looking at next year (for another undefeated run) and if we can continue to pull in talent than the next few years look good. I'd be content with a Rose Bowl victory...I mean, it is the Rose Bowl still.

Lots of football to play and it seems like it just goes so darn fast. Soon, we'll all be sitting around at the end of the bowl slate looking at the calendar..."How long until the 2012 season starts?"
yeah, after seeing the ducks at #8 in the BCS we don't have a chance in heck....Lets just beat Stanford, USC oh, and of course those Dawgs are still waiting.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:30 AM

2,091 posts, read 3,020,838 times
Tonight cannot come soon enough- Washington! I hate UW! This is the only school I actively root against in everything, even...women's table tennis. I am looking forward to another pounding of the Doogs!

Huck the Fuskies!

Old 11-05-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Tonight cannot come soon enough- Washington! I hate UW! This is the only school I actively root against in everything, even...women's table tennis. I am looking forward to another pounding of the Doogs!

Huck the Fuskies!
could be a trap game....I don't expect a pounding, infact Ill be glad to see the Ducks get out of there with a W

Old 11-06-2011, 09:20 AM

788 posts, read 1,381,129 times
Quote:
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (November 6, 2011) – The Southeastern Conference Presidents and Chancellors, acting unanimously, announced today that the University of Missouri will join the Southeastern Conference effective July 1, 2012, with competition to begin in all sports for the 2012-13 academic year.

The addition of Missouri will increase SEC membership to 14 institutions. The additions of Texas A&M, announced on September 25, 2011, and Missouri, are the first expansions for the SEC since September of 1991 when the University of South Carolina joined the league. The University of Arkansas joined the SEC in August of 1991. With the addition of Arkansas and South Carolina, the SEC was the first conference to split into divisions and add a conference championship game in 1992.

“The Presidents and Chancellors of the Southeastern Conference are pleased to welcome the University of Missouri to the SEC,” said Dr. Bernie Machen, President of the SEC Presidents and Chancellors and president of the University of Florida. “The University of Missouri is a prestigious academic institution with a strong athletic tradition and a culture similar to our current institutions.”

“The Southeastern Conference is a highly successful, stable, premier athletic conference that offers exciting opportunities for the University of Missouri,” said Chancellor Brady J. Deaton. “In joining the SEC, MU partners with universities distinguished for their academic programs and their emphasis on student success. The SEC will provide our student-athletes with top flight competition and unparalleled visibility. We came to this decision after careful consideration of the long term best interests of our university. We believe the Southeastern Conference is an outstanding home for the Mizzou Tigers, and we take great pride in our association with this distinguished league.”

Missouri, located in Columbia, will also be the fourth institution in the Southeastern Conference to hold membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities, joining University of Florida, Texas A&M University and Vanderbilt University. Missouri has an enrollment of 33,800 students, which would be the fourth largest institution in the SEC, with Florida, Georgia and Texas A&M having a larger student body. There are more than 260,000 “Mizzou” alumni around the world. The State of Missouri borders three SEC states: Tennessee, Kentucky and Arkansas, and they bring an existing rivalry with former conference foe Texas A&M.
University Of Missouri To Join Southeastern Conference > SEC > NEWS

Wonder how long before they try and join the B1G.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:50 AM

8,746 posts, read 7,747,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DtX4415 View Post
University Of Missouri To Join Southeastern Conference > SEC > NEWS

Wonder how long before they try and join the B1G.
I'm glad to hear that a decision has been made, however, it appears there are still some unresolved issues with Mizzou exiting the Big 12 for 2012 due to WVU's problems getting out of the Big East for next year.
Here's the link:

Missouri Tigers' move to SEC official, but Big 12 hurdles remain - ESPN

Old 11-06-2011, 10:08 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,614,240 times
Missouri would be better off in the Big10. I don't think the SEC benefits from this, and I don't think Missouri really benefits all that much either. But I guess Missouri might get part of a bigger TV contract with the SEC if it happens, which is probably more than they'd get with the current Big12 or the Big10. Maybe it works for them, too, then.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:31 AM

788 posts, read 1,381,129 times
Coaches (11/06)

1. LSU (59)
2. Stanford
3. Oklahoma State
4. Alabama
5. Boise State
6. Oregon
7. Oklahoma
8. Arkansas
9. Virginia Tech
10. Clemson
11. Houston
12. Penn State
13. Michigan State
14. Wisconsin
15. South Carolina
16. Georgia
17. Nebraska
18. Cincinnati
19. Georgia Tech
20. Texas
21. Michigan
22. Kansas State
23. Southern Mississippi
24. TCU
25. Auburn

Old 11-06-2011, 11:35 AM

7,240 posts, read 8,247,607 times
So after NCSU's win over UNC yesterday, we need 2 wins to be bowl eligible. Though we have 5, I'd feel better getting above the 6 win mark.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would kind of like to see Oklahoma State in the national championship game.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:55 AM

I know Im gonna get hammered for this, and I know now that we don't have a chance in he## to be in the championship, but after watching those two teams yesterday in the "Game of the Century", I think Oregon (or Standford ) could NOW beat LSU. Yep, I know we blew our chance, but we were missing key players...They were also missing a Key Player, but as it turns out, both the QBs are outstanding, and they have gone undefeated with both. Ill go further, I think that Boise St beats Bama, and OK St. Im not ready to give it to them on LSU yet..but I wouldnt rule them out either. Bama, I thought you would kick some butt, but you should reconsider kicking anything all together. GO DUCKS, Next up, LUCK. Honestly, I thought the the Huskies would give the Ducks more of a challenge, being the last game at the Mistake by the Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or