Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2011, 06:37 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,149 times

Advertisements

Stupid BCS.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:53 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
Stupid BCS.
only disagreements I have is that Oregon should be 3rd and Alabama should be 4th. #1 and #2 have earned this weeks position. Sure hope LSU and Bama find a way to lose...but it aint happening. If Oregon can not play for the title, sure hope OK St ripps the SEC apart.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:02 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,149 times
It's not that, the pundits are talking about how all the teams (sans LSU and Ok St) have to pass the "eye test".

I still don't believe that the coaches poll serves that well. They have enough to worry about without watching god knows how many other teams than the one they need to focus on.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:52 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
only disagreements I have is that Oregon should be 3rd and Alabama should be 4th. #1 and #2 have earned this weeks position. Sure hope LSU and Bama find a way to lose...but it aint happening. If Oregon can not play for the title, sure hope OK St ripps the SEC apart.
Don't like the SEC?

Old 11-13-2011, 08:41 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
Quote:
I'm going to put myself out there and say that if Oregon wins out, there's a very good chance they'll end up in the BCS title game, if Oklahoma St. loses to OU, which I think they might. I just hope that OU doesn't leap-frog their way back into title contention.

But I really find it hard to believe that the BCS system would allow an all-SEC title game, even if they appear to be the two more evenly-matched teams. The AP writers can basically sway the system if they feel like they need to, and there would be pressure to avoid an intra-conference rematch. In fact, that might be the tipping point that forces NCAA to adopt a playoff system. The major conferences, esp. the SEC, don't want to jeopardize what they have, which is an easier route to a national title. An 8-team playoff would make it harder, I think.

I'm still not 100 percent convinced LSU makes it to the end of the year undefeated. They should - they're that good. But I've seen the tigers collapse and blow winnable games before.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Don't like the SEC?
LOVE the SEC...in the same way I love Darth Vader, The 1990 Bulls after they played my Trail Blazers, The Dallas Cowboys of the 90s....well any era of those thugs...If you don't think its great to have the SEC in College Football, then you just don't love football. They are the bad boys in the hood...its Awesome to root against them. Im bored to death of the NFL. There is no SEC of the NFL. SEC, the conf I love to hate. May they live long in my black heart.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:01 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
LOVE the SEC...in the same way I love Darth Vader, The 1990 Bulls after they played my Trail Blazers, The Dallas Cowboys of the 90s....well any era of those thugs...If you don't think its great to have the SEC in College Football, then you just don't love football. They are the bad boys in the hood...its Awesome to root against them. Im bored to death of the NFL. There is no SEC of the NFL. SEC, the conf I love to hate. May they live long in my black heart.
I hear ya. I love the SEC too, for different reasons. Actually I don't love the SEC, I root against most of the teams unless my LSU. Hate Bama, hate Florida, and hate Arky.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:20 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
Quote:
This is a good post, and at the risk of getting off topic, I agree. I think parity in the NFL invites more fans to be interested because more cities and teams are involved in the playoff chase. But gone are those super dominant top-tier teams that everyone either loved or hated. The Patriots and Steelers of today are probably the closest thing to that, but it's not quite the same as those old 49ers or Cowboys teams in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I hear ya. I love the SEC too, for different reasons. Actually I don't love the SEC, I root against most of the teams unless my LSU. Hate Bama, hate Florida, and hate Arky.
for my DUCKS sake, I hope in a couple of weeks you hate Arky even more, I think that LSU and OK St have the best chances of losing a game in next week or two.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:11 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,849,445 times
OSU is probably as good as they've ever been, but in the past they usually lose to Oklahoma when something's on the line for them. Most of the wins they've had have been cases where they had nothing to lose.

Hard to go too much on the past, though, the idea of OSU being in any kind of title chase is pretty new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football