U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2011, 02:03 PM

14,157 posts, read 19,820,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
for my DUCKS sake, I hope in a couple of weeks you hate Arky even more, I think that LSU and OK St have the best chances of losing a game in next week or two.
LSU has the highest chance but I doubt it. It's hard to win in Death Valley, especially how they're playing now. Hopefully Lee and Jefferson show up. Wilson and Arkys recievers should be a good matchup for LSU's D.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:53 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,951,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
only disagreements I have is that Oregon should be 3rd and Alabama should be 4th.
No way. Alabama has beat the current #6, the current #21 (who could be higher had they not had a huge coaching shift this past week), and lost to #1 by 3, the same team than beat Oregon convincely. Oregon besides that has only beat one ranked team, who is now #9. The rest file into just bad i.e. Colorado, Wash St, etc. If anything Oregon is too high...

No matter what happens one SEC school (LSU, who would win the tie) most likely is playing OK St (as long as Oklahoma doesn't beat them). If that occurs, I could see Oklahoma jumping in. Though don't rule out Clemson if they win out... they finish with #12 South Carolina and #8 Virginia Tech, which on paper is better than the competition the guys above them face.

Oregon at this point is a very big longshot at the NC. Enjoy the Rose Bowl barring they don't screw up the Pac-12 championship game.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:03 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,773,491 times
Screw up against who? Arizona State? The South is weak sauce.

Hope it doesn't rain in Charlotte this year.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:57 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,617,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
LSU has the highest chance but I doubt it. It's hard to win in Death Valley, especially how they're playing now. Hopefully Lee and Jefferson show up. Wilson and Arkys recievers should be a good matchup for LSU's D.
Arkansas' offense scares me a little, but if Alabama's defense shut them down, I'm guessing ours can do the same, and their defense has some holes. I just worry about the hangover effect. Everything this season has been building up to Alabama, and now we passed that test. I just hope they don't let down, because while they will probably be able to survive a bad game against Ole Miss, Arkansas and Georgia are a different matter. We'll still need their best stuff for those teams.

I'm actually becoming a little more concerned about the possibility of facing Georgia in the SEC title game. The Bulldogs are growing in confidence, and they're beginning to peak. Their defense has gradually gotten better, and their offense had a breakout game against Auburn. The Auburn Tigers are probably just deflated at this point, but still, an impressive performance. We'd also be facing Georgia in their backyard.

If LSU or Alabama comes out of the SEC, I really don't think anyone beats them. I could see someone beating Arkansas or Georgia, but neither of those teams are likely going to contend for the BCS crown.

I just hope LSU can win out. We had a chance to do it in 2007, but got cocky. Fortunately, we got lucky and probably played in a title game that could have easily have picked USC or Georgia over us. I think this year's team is the most complete since the 2003 season. If LSU gets to the BCS game and has a few weeks to prepare, I think they'll win against whoever they face.

Last edited by chickenfriedbananas; 11-15-2011 at 10:20 PM..

Old 11-15-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
No way. Alabama has beat the current #6, the current #21 (who could be higher had they not had a huge coaching shift this past week), and lost to #1 by 3, the same team than beat Oregon convincely. Oregon besides that has only beat one ranked team, who is now #9. The rest file into just bad i.e. Colorado, Wash St, etc. If anything Oregon is too high...

No matter what happens one SEC school (LSU, who would win the tie) most likely is playing OK St (as long as Oklahoma doesn't beat them). If that occurs, I could see Oklahoma jumping in. Though don't rule out Clemson if they win out... they finish with #12 South Carolina and #8 Virginia Tech, which on paper is better than the competition the guys above them face.

Oregon at this point is a very big longshot at the NC. Enjoy the Rose Bowl barring they don't screw up the Pac-12 championship game.
Clemson? Really? Clemson? Nooooo way. Oregon gets there before Clemson, and deservedly so. When's the last time the ACC mattered?

At least Oregon went toe-to-toe with Auburn last year, which bucked a trend set by the previous four non-SEC losers, who more or less got controlled from the opening kick off. Oregon had a bad first game, and I think they'd lose if they played LSU or Alabama, but they made the BCS game competitive last year, and they've been returning to form this year.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:32 PM

14,157 posts, read 19,820,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Arkansas' offense scares me a little, but if Alabama's defense shut them down, I'm guessing ours can do the same, and their defense has some holes. I just worry about the hangover effect. Everything this season has been building up to Alabama, and now we passed that test. I just hope they don't let down, because while they will probably be able to survive a bad game against Ole Miss, Arkansas and Georgia are a different matter. We'll still need their best stuff for those teams.

I'm actually becoming a little more concerned about the possibility of facing Georgia in the SEC title game. The Bulldogs are growing in confidence, and they're beginning to peak. Their defense has gradually gotten better, and their offense had a breakout game against Auburn. The Auburn Tigers are probably just deflated at this point, but still, an impressive performance. We'd also be facing Georgia in their backyard.

If LSU or Alabama comes out of the SEC, I really don't think anyone beats them. I could see someone beating Arkansas or Georgia, but neither of those teams are likely going to contend for the BCS crown.

I just hope LSU can win out. We had a chance to do it in 2007, but got cocky. Fortunately, we got lucky and probably played in a title game that could have easily have picked USC or Georgia over us. I think this year's team is the most complete since the 2003 season. If LSU gets to the BCS game and has a few weeks to prepare, I think they'll win against whoever they face.
Yea that Arkansas passing game worries me, and the fact that its nearing the end of the season and they might be wearing down. Many of them are seniors, however, and they want to go all the way their last year at LSU. I think LSU can beat anyone they face but Arkansas and Georgia back to back and then the title game is one hell of 3 games to play back-to-back. If they bring it home they will go down in history.
Quote:
Clemson? Really? Clemson? Nooooo way. Oregon gets there before Clemson, and deservedly so. When's the last time the ACC mattered?

At least Oregon went toe-to-toe with Auburn last year, which bucked a trend set by the previous four non-SEC losers, who more or less got controlled from the opening kick off. Oregon had a bad first game, and I think they'd lose if they played LSU or Alabama, but they made the BCS game competitive last year, and they've been returning to form this year.
Oregon didn't have a bad game, we just has a better one.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Yea that Arkansas passing game worries me, and the fact that its nearing the end of the season and they might be wearing down. Many of them are seniors, however, and they want to go all the way their last year at LSU. I think LSU can beat anyone they face but Arkansas and Georgia back to back and then the title game is one hell of 3 games to play back-to-back. If they bring it home they will go down in history.
It's the psychological high/low thing that worries me. I guess the good news is that we will have had two games to get that out of our system, but I like how LSU was up for every game until the Alabama game. But this last week's start against Western Kentucky worried me a little. They finished the game with a victory, as I figured they would, but you can't get away with a slow start against a pumped up Arkansas or Georgia team that will have as much to play for as we will.

Quote:
Oregon didn't have a bad game, we just has a better one.
Oregon was hanging tough until the 3rd quarter, when they turned the ball over and got worn down. I agree with Oregon fans that they could have played better and no doubt will in their big bowl game, whether it's the Rose Bowl or the BCS game. But I think they don't want to admit how much they were beaten on the lines. LSU and Alabama would both do that -- this year.

Next year and the year after? Possibly a much different story. Oregon is recruiting some monsters on their line, and they've got great line coaches. I would not be surprised if Oregon becomes as good as USC was in their prime. I just hope they do it the right way and don't let boosters ruin their program.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:01 AM

358 posts, read 593,158 times
I absolutely agree that Clemson is lurking. If OSU drops out of the picture, a one loss Clemson ACC champ (if that happens) would be very attractive. They have a very credible schedule. And they would be everyone's compromise challenger FOR THE VERY REASON that they are a new face in the mix. (LSU-OU...yawn. LSU-Oregon...yawn. LSU-bama...yawn)

Old 11-16-2011, 09:21 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,860,424 times
Quote:
At least Oregon went toe-to-toe with Auburn last year, which bucked a trend set by the previous four non-SEC losers, who more or less got controlled from the opening kick off.
I'm sorry you missed the 2009 BCS MNC game. It was nothing like you speak.

The Bucknuts are the only team that fit your description.

Sometimes I think people don't actually watch the games.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:34 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,386,327 times
OU played better against Florida, but LSU's defense ran them over. Always thought it was a shame that OU managed to get into that Sugar Bowl game, LSU against USC would have been one for the ages.

Even in the Florida game OU didn't really have a lot of success keeping a drive going [at least in the second half], but they at least were able to put up decent offensive numbers. LSU shut them down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or