U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2011, 10:58 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,860,424 times

Advertisements

LMAO!!! Did you guys hear Corso drop the f bomb on gameday? Herbie says "glad there is a delay". It didn't pick it up. Freaking hilarious!!

(Youtube link below; F word is visible in title)

Screen cap of their reactions;

I watched it 5 times in a row when it happened. I am still lmao!!!

Old 11-19-2011, 12:44 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,951,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Actually, i think that bolsters his case favorably. He is averaging 150yds/game and 7.9 yds/carry with 1,207 yards....better than Trent Richardson while missing 2 games. Both teams ranked neck and neck. Also, if he has a great game against USC and they win BIG, it only looks better for him. A 200yd game will put him in the lead for the Heisman i think without a doubt. Another thing i think is that a big dominating win against USC will probably have Oregon leap over Alabama for 2nd since Bama is only playing Georgia Southern. Oregon has alot to prove this Sunday...not just win, but win convincingly.
Richardson plays against way stronger defenses. James might have better stats but does it against way easier competition. Remember James only averaged 2.8 yards/carry against LSU (i.e. a good defense) vs Richardson who averaged 3.9 yards/carry against that same team. Richardson will stay above James.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenFriedBananas
At the risk of speaking too early, it looks like we might be headed to the second 'game of the century' in Baton Rouge next Friday. It's important to note that if LSU wins against Arkansas, they have probably, for all practical purposes, wrapped up a slot in the BCS game. Even if they were to lose to Georgia, they'd still be a one-loss team, having defeated Arkansas, Alabama, and Oregon.
As long as they don't lose more than 1 game and that loss stays at/within a score, they still are a lock for the NC. P.S. I don't forsee a big loss esp since Arkansas plays at LSU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache
LMAO!!! Did you guys hear Corso drop the f bomb on gameday? Herbie says "glad there is a delay". It didn't pick it up. Freaking hilarious!!
LOL. Thanks for sharing.

Lastly...
Furman (I-AA) 22, Florida 27 Half - Wow.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:18 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,751,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post

(Youtube link below; F word is visible in title)

Screen cap of their reactions;

I watched it 5 times in a row when it happened. I am still lmao!!!
My wife said "What?!?! can he say that on TV?" when it happened.

I thought since it is espn and not a publicly broadcast channel you can say it without getting into trouble...

Old 11-19-2011, 04:06 PM

160 posts, read 215,019 times
Woo hoo - my Spartans are off to the Big Ten title game in Indy! Legends Division champs!

Old 11-19-2011, 04:09 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,617,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
My wife said "What?!?! can he say that on TV?" when it happened.

I thought since it is espn and not a publicly broadcast channel you can say it without getting into trouble...
If they didn't delay it, they'll might get fined by the FCC. Not absolutely sure of that because ESPN is technically not a broadcast network, which means they play by a different set of rules than the traditional on-air networks (a dinosaur distinction these days, anyway, but it does exist under current regulation). They usually do have a 5 to 7 second delay just in case fans do something moronic, but I bet they never suspected that it would be their very own Lee Corso to drop the f-bomb. lol!

Old 11-19-2011, 04:19 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,825,623 times
Took Bama 3 Quarters to pull away from FCS Georgia Southern.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:21 PM

977 posts, read 1,633,180 times
I missed it when he said it, but I caught the apology during the game. ESPN is a cable (paid subscription) network, so the FCC has no jurisdiction, same as when Jaws said shít on Monday Night Football. I think it's great. This is football dammit.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:21 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,860,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
They scored more points than any other team that has played Bama. If that's not an indictment on the offenses in the SEC, I don't know what is.

Fun fact; Every single SEC team plays an FCS school this year.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
As long as they don't lose more than 1 game and that loss stays at/within a score, they still are a lock for the NC. P.S. I don't forsee a big loss esp since Arkansas plays at LSU.
Things get complicated for LSU if they lose to Arkansas (and just for good lucks sake I'm not overlooking Ole Miss yet).

But on its current trajectory, LSU will go into Baton Rouge undefeated next week against a one-loss Arkansas team that lost to Alabama, which LSU beat. With three teams with identical records, including within the conference and the division, it would come down to BCS rankings. Alabama would move ahead of LSU, and presumably, I would think that by default, Arkansas (now probably #5 or maybe even #4) would be as well. Alabama would move up by virtue of LSU's losing, and Arkansas would move up by virtue of beating LSU. If LSU loses to Arkansas, then they'd become the biggest, loudest Georgia fans of any SEC team in recent memory. That would be their only chance to get back into contention.

What's really not known is, what effect would this ultimately have on the BCS game? If Arkansas goes on to win the SEC title, it's hard to see how they don't play in the BCS game. The questions swirl about whom they might play. Lots of sentiment against a rematch versus Bama, but they'd be the one team that actually beat the SEC champion. On the other hand, those who favor a true national championship would point out that an intra-conference rematch would stink to high heaven. Thus, Oregon would probably be the next logical option at this point.

I'm beginning to think that, as ironic as it might seem, Oregon fans might actually consider rooting against LSU, despite having depended on them to boost their SOS quotient throughout the year. Either way, whether LSU or Arkansas wins, I'm thinking the Ducks are sitting pretty right now. I've got to like their chances to at least get a second chance at the title game.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Meh, they were sleepy. They played to the level of their competition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or