U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2011, 12:45 PM

977 posts, read 1,631,734 times

Advertisements

Given the way you are defending it, I wonder if you actually watched the Alabama game yesterday. Drinking the SEC koolaid is an obstacle to being a fan, not a prerequisite. I love it when the truth makes people angry.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:00 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,362,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Given the way you are defending it, I wonder if you actually watched the Alabama game yesterday. Drinking the SEC koolaid is an obstacle to being a fan, not a prerequisite. I love it when the truth makes people angry.
I'm not angry, why should I be?. I'm just calling you out on your idiotic assumptions.
The sad thing is that SEC fans don't hate other conferences, yet fans other conferences have blind hatred for us.

BTW I was actually at the game yesterday.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:11 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,416,462 times
Quote:
SEC is definately the best at one thing...making excuses. Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, Auburn all were unimpressive against FCS teams, and Georgia had plenty of trouble with Kentucky, who may as well be an FCS team. The question is what is the SEC doing by playing a bunch of 1-AA teams at this point in the season, right in the middle of conference play? SEC may have the strongest teams, but the strength of schedule argument goes out the window when you schedule a de facto bye week every 3 weeks.

1) It's NOT in the middle of conference play, its at the end. Each team only has one conference game left.

2) I challenge you to name another team in the country with a schedule as strong as the SEC teams? Their in conference schedule is brutal first of all... Then LSU played Oregon and West Virginia out of conference (one neutral and one away). Bama played Penn State on the road. Auburn played Clemson on the road. Arkansas Played TAMU in TEXAS! Georgia played Boise State and plays Georgia Tech. South Carolina plays Clemson. Florida plays Florida State!

Spare us on how weak their schedules are... Stop going by a computer program that was written by a human and just use your common sense.

3) As far as the I-AA teams... its obvious the SEC has an agreement with the Southern Conference. All of the SEC non conference games yesterday were with that conference. Which is considered the SEC of I-AA...

Old 11-20-2011, 01:22 PM

14,154 posts, read 19,792,852 times
Quote:
The Big 10, Big 12, PAC 12, ACC, MWC, etc do not take breaks from beating up on each other to schedule scrimmage games.

45-21 over an FCS school is unimpressive, especially for a #2 team.
Their conference games are scrimmages.

Renegade's BS: SEC Football is the Best!

Old 11-20-2011, 01:28 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,723,524 times
ou-sucks ou-sucks ou-sucks ou-sucks
ou-sucks ou-sucks ou-sucks ou-sucks

Old 11-20-2011, 01:30 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,613,580 times
Quote:
The Big 10, Big 12, PAC 12, ACC, MWC, etc do not take breaks from beating up on each other to schedule scrimmage games.
Oregon played....Missouri St. What do you call that? (We won't talk about their first game).

Oklahoma played....Ball St. In basketball? Sure, that's competition. In football? Not so much.

Clemson played Troy and they also played (and barely survived) Wofford. LOL!

Quote:
45-21 over an FCS school is unimpressive, especially for a #2 team.
I agree, it was unimpressive, but so were all the schools from the Big 12, ACC, Big 10, and Pac 12 who feasted on cupcakes within their conference all season long.

And don't worry, SEC teams are saving the real butt kickings for another hapless BCS opponent.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:34 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,613,580 times
Quote:
I understand that you're upset. I know that it must be frustrating to watch really good flag football teams from the Pac 12 get pounded once they face a tough SEC team. Those southern boys, though...lemme tell ya, once they throw on the pads, lace up the cleats, put in their mouthpieces, and strap on the helmets, it's a whole 'nother game, podnuh.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:43 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,857,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Oklahoma played....Ball St. In basketball? Sure, that's competition. In football? Not so much.
Oklahoma has one the toughest schedules in FBS.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:09 PM

788 posts, read 1,381,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post

I agree, it was unimpressive, but so were all the schools from the Big 12, ACC, Big 10, and Pac 12 who feasted on cupcakes within their conference all season long.

lol, Auburn, Florida, Kentucky, Miss. St, Ole Miss, Tennessee, & Vandy says hi.

sec! sec! sec!

Old 11-20-2011, 02:14 PM

14,154 posts, read 19,792,852 times
The Haterade cooler is empty, who's drinking it all?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or