U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2011, 04:07 PM

4,854 posts, read 6,376,459 times

Advertisements

So happy to see Michigan beat Ohio State again. It's been too damn long. Good season for the Wolverines. The stink of Rich Rod is gone.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:37 PM

5,585 posts, read 827,672 times
I 2nd. that. Was certainly a good game to not miss. I too was very happy to see the Wolverines beat OS. Wow, what a great win for the Wolverines & the Brady Hoke team.

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-26-2011, 07:52 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,020,838 times
Oregon rolls. Meh. On to the Pac-12 Championship.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:40 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,532,040 times
Well it would appear that the loss to USC last week didnt really stir much up, Alabama would still be #2 (and should be), LSU still Number 1, and Oregon would still be headed for the Rosebowl...Oh yeah, after we annihilate UCLA. Personally I think the BCS should just hand it to LSU right now, as they have gone on the most amazing winning streak against the most awesome array of top 10 teams maybe....ever. I don't even know if I would give it to Alabama even if Alabama where to beat LSU in the Natty. I still feel LSU deserves it more than any team I have ever watched, and that goes back 30 years. So, LSU will take the Natty, Oregon will take the Rosebowl, and we move on to next year....the year of the DUCK

Old 11-26-2011, 09:07 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,823,342 times
Baylor got it done without RG3 for most (if not all) of the second half, Florida falls to 6-6, Clemson going down again, almost the exact same scoreline as last week bar 3 points.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:45 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,949,373 times
We take the state again. No surprise. Enjoy those down years Gator fans.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:01 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,614,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I prefix I think the SEC is the strongest conference... Thus saying... The complaint has and will always be the non-conference scheduling. SEC is the worst conference as a whole for scheduling terrible terrible teams in non-conference play.

Just because Florida schedules FSU every year doesn't mean they shouldn't schedule another decent team instead of the crap they schedule... Florida Atlantic 0-10, UAB 3-8, and FCS Furman (who UF struggled in). Oh so strong... We (FSU), on the other hand, schedule Florida every year but you know who else we schedule... Oklahoma, BYU, Alabama, USF, etc. You see it isn't hard...

LSU and Georgia though I will give scheduled a good non-conference this year but the rest of the SEC... far from it. The games you listed... Penn St (2 losses in a struggling Big 10) is alright win. Clemson beat Auburn (SEC Loss). Boise St beat Georgia (SEC Loss). TAMU (6-5 team) required Arkansas to make up 18 points in the second half (SEC Escape). Then we have this weekend with all the teams struggling against terrible teams.

I ask you...
If Alabama had trouble with FCS Georgia Southern's option scheme, how would they far against a team with quicker/better athletes who run a similiar option i.e. Georgia Tech? We will see how Georgia fares against them next weekend.
I thought about posts like this one yesterday.

Anyone still in doubt about Alabama? We can forget about their 'struggles' against Georgia Southern now, I think. The Tide mauled Auburn yesterday. In fact, they're defense didn't allow a single point. Auburn scored on a fumble recovery and one on special teams. Otherwise, it would have been a 42-0 (or worse) shutout. At the start of the 4th quarter Auburn had one first down -- ONE first down for the entire game.

Meanwhile, the SEC picked up two big inter-conference wins. Georgia beat up on Georgia Tech and South Carolina dominated Clemson. Thus, the SEC will again have the BCS champion for the sixth year in a row, not to mention Auburn's undefeated season in 2004 and LSU's national championship in 2003. And if that wasn't enough, they may end up having five teams in the BCS top ten.

It's true: the SEC does get favoritism, but it's established its reputation fairly and squarely. It's going to take someone from outside the SEC to come in and just stomp on them in a BCS title game. Only then will the conference start losing its credibility, and only then will poll voters be more open to choosing teams from other conferences ahead of the SEC teams.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:22 PM

7,240 posts, read 8,248,910 times
I was in a huge state of shock when I found out NC State came back from 41-14 in the 3rd quarter to win 56-41 to become bowl eligible. Would like the Belk Bowl but any bowl will be ok with me, especially with how this season has gone.

Bring on conference championship week.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:34 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,772,702 times
god damned hokies....

anyways, these new conference championship games should be fun. Wisky and Sparty rematch should be good.

Nice job on Mark Richt righting the ship at Georgia but he's gonna have his hands full when they play host to them Cajun Tigers down the road in the big game.

Charlotte should be packed to the brim again with VPI and Clemson folk. I think that will be the new permanent site for that game.

Errrrr.........Why is there a Pac 12 championship again. The winner is Oregon by default and technically the best team is barred by probation so.....yea.

Still can't wait for Bedlam.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:03 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,949,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
Errrrr.........Why is there a Pac 12 championship again. The winner is Oregon by default and technically the best team is barred by probation so.....yea.
Totally agree. How funny would it be if UCLA somehow wins. A 6-6 team in the BCS Rose Bowl... haha. Though, that is a huge longshot...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or