U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2011, 08:44 AM

14,154 posts, read 19,796,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Decent day all round, Houston finally get exposed as overrated!
It's hilarious, I wish I would run into some UH fans, I love rubbing it in.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:20 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,614,240 times
Hopefully the sports experts will not rank the Sooners any higher than #10 from now on. How they are always ranked in the pre-season top five year after year is beyond me, but it results in OU being waaaaay overrated. They've had a decade of playing in bowl games they don't deserve to play in, all because Bob Stoops is good at convincing writers that he has talent. OU, like Florida St, is now an average to above average football program. They need to schedule an SEC opponent and beat them during the regular season before they start anointing themselves.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:59 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,857,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Hopefully the sports experts will not rank the Sooners any higher than #10 from now on. How they are always ranked in the pre-season top five year after year is beyond me, but it results in OU being waaaaay overrated. They've had a decade of playing in bowl games they don't deserve to play in, all because Bob Stoops is good at convincing writers that he has talent. OU, like Florida St, is now an average to above average football program. They need to schedule an SEC opponent and beat them during the regular season before they start anointing themselves.
You do know that they lost their #1 receiver, #1 rb and starting LB to injuries/death this year right?

Old 12-04-2011, 10:28 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,949,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
You do know that they lost their #1 receiver, #1 rb and starting LB to injuries/death this year right?
We can say the same thing at FSU each year i.e. #1 QB out, #1 OL out, #1 WR out, etc but we don't. Yet, we all know that, just like Oklahoma, we are just a "good" school, not "great" at this point. With these guys healthy could we have beaten those teams we lost to... maybe... but probably same result. Oklahoma in their loss yesterday was real bad. Real bad.

If you asked me at the beginning of the year if Baylor would finish the reg season above Oklahoma, I would say no way. The reality is they will. Ouch. RG3 FTW.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
We can say the same thing at FSU each year i.e. #1 QB out, #1 OL out, #1 WR out, etc but we don't. Yet, we all know that, just like Oklahoma, we are just a "good" school, not "great" at this point. With these guys healthy could we have beaten those teams we lost to... maybe... but probably same result. Oklahoma in their loss yesterday was real bad. Real bad.

If you asked me at the beginning of the year if Baylor would finish the reg season above Oklahoma, I would say no way. The reality is they will. Ouch. RG3 FTW.

With Box and Whaley OU doesn't lose to TT or Baylor.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:21 PM

3,963 posts, read 2,516,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post

Really? Didnt you spend the early part of the Fall saying that was the exact reason FSU lost to VT in last year's title game?

Old 12-04-2011, 01:28 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,614,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
It wouldn't have mattered. Look at the game last night, bro. Was it really a lack of offense that did OU in? Maybe, but it was a lack of defense, too. OU had no problem putting points on the board -- they play soft defense. That's their problem.

Besides, the really good schools draft two and three players deep. Look at LSU's backfield. Look at Alabama's. Do they rely on just one RB? Do they rely on just one wide out? No. They're two and three deep. If this were the NFL, you might have a point, but this is NCAA. Different story. OU just doesn't bring it anymore. I don't care who they bring back next year. OU's no higher than #15. If they are, then the NCAA should investigate to see who's getting paid off.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Besides, the really good schools draft two and three players deep. Look at LSU's backfield. Look at Alabama's. Do they rely on just one RB? Do they rely on just one wide out? No. They're two and three deep. If this were the NFL, you might have a point, but this is NCAA. Different story. OU just doesn't bring it anymore. I don't care who they bring back next year. OU's no higher than #15. If they are, then the NCAA should investigate to see who's getting paid off.
LOL. You talk about depth and you quote the two teams that are the biggest over-signing violators in college football. Good stuff.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:22 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,949,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Really? Didnt you spend the early part of the Fall saying that was the exact reason FSU lost to VT in last year's title game?
Touche. Nice call out. Though I ask: How good would Stanford be if Andrew Luck went out, How good would Baylor be if RG3 went out, etc...

Speaking of that player, didn't McNabb just get cut due to how well he has been playing...

Old 12-04-2011, 03:34 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,723,768 times
Wow no is talking about how lame that penalty again MSU last night again Wisconson.

I feel real bad for them, damn zebra's always mucking stuff up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or