U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-04-2011, 05:44 PM

4,429 posts, read 1,540,429 times

Advertisements

An interesting angle that nobody has really discussed yet (but undoubtedly will as the game gets closer) is that, regardless of the opponent, it's going to be a BCS bowl of a predecessor vs. a successor. Either Saban will face his successor in Les Miles, or Les Miles will face his successor in Mike Gundy.

The Les Miles/Nick Saban angle would be huge because it's a budding sports rivalry, one that could continue for years. But a Miles/Gundy grudge match would be epic as well.

I'm pulling for OSU, but I think Bama's got it in the bag. Would be a heck of an upset if OSU somehow swayed the Harris voters.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:03 PM

2,834 posts, read 2,668,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
And about that no scoring? lol
I literally went across the street to get pizza at halftime, came back and LSU was officially pasting UGA like no one's business.
yeah, its started to look like quite a sleeper. LSU: Most boring team to win the championship. Yep, they already won it...just a dumb game to watch in January, but its a forgone conclusion. Even if Bama beats them...LSU still champs in my mind.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Wow no is talking about how lame that penalty again MSU last night again Wisconson.

I feel real bad for them, damn zebra's always mucking stuff up.
As an Oregon fan...I wanna play Wisconsin anyway. I felt bad for that lineman that ran into the kicker. Kicker did awesome job to help that happen. I cant keep my leg in the air for more than a half second or two, and that kicker must have been a ballerina dancer or something. He clearly wiped that kicker out though, no bogus call there. Lost the game for MSU.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Decent day all round, Houston finally get exposed as overrated!
Why is it whenever a team loses a game, suddenly it was overrated all along?

Old 12-04-2011, 06:38 PM

Default update! hang on, may not Alabama after all!

Okay, I admit, this is hardly an official source here, but I've read this guy's blog before and he seems to know his stuff. He has accurately predicted BCS rankings before. He seems to think the computers have probably made the algorithmic switch in favor of OSU already, and that it's now left to the voters at Harris interactive to make their decision (I earlier inaccurately said it was AP, and thanks to whoever it was for correcting me -- I forgot that AP opted out of this mess a few years back).

Anyway, here's blogger Samuel Chi's take:

BCS Rankings Projections, Week 15: Cancel The Rematch - SBNation.com

...take it or leave it.

I think it's probably 50/50 now. I think the voters have to know that there is a groundswell of opposition growing to a rematch. And let's face it, Fox Sports can't be happy about all of this talk of an SEC conference rematch.

p.s. Please, please bring on Ok St.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:25 PM

915 posts, read 948,978 times
What a fraud. There will be no National Championship Game this year. If Alabama wins, it may the most fraudulent of all their fake titles.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
What a fraud. There will be no National Championship Game this year. If Alabama wins, it may the most fraudulent of all their fake titles.
Dont lose to Iowa St or Texas Tech
or USC in my teams case or Oregon in Sanfords case...What can ya do, everybody had a fair chance. Alabama loss turns out to be the best lost as far as the BCS in concerned. Don't worry, we'll all be back next year (except for Stanford).

Old 12-04-2011, 07:56 PM

11,087 posts, read 9,209,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Dont lose to Iowa St or Texas Tech
or USC in my teams case or Oregon in Sanfords case...What can ya do, everybody had a fair chance. Alabama loss turns out to be the best lost as far as the BCS in concerned. Don't worry, we'll all be back next year (except for Stanford).
Good loss < good win

Old 12-04-2011, 07:57 PM

2,108 posts, read 931,642 times
And we all will still have some kind of problem about who they manipulate in next year, too.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:57 PM

Well, it's Alabama, after all.

Bring it.

Let's do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football