U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 06:06 PM

3,605 posts, read 5,106,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
so your prediction LSU will lose at home, and that Oregon will lose against wimpy Wisconsin? The rest of these are anybodies guess, but those two predictions need to be re-evaluated.
Wisconsin is wimpy ? We'll see about that. They are in my opinion the most underrated team in football. They lost a fluke game against Ohio State and they lost a very even matchup to a tough Michigan State team. Ask Oregon State if Wisconsin is wimpy. I say they beat Oregon by at least 2 scores.

As for LSU against Alabama, LSU has had some luck this year, and their luck is about to run out. They will not beat Alabama a 2nd time in a row.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:12 PM

3,025 posts, read 4,570,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Wisconsin is wimpy ? We'll see about that. They are in my opinion the most underrated team in football. They lost a fluke game against Ohio State and they lost a very even matchup to a tough Michigan State team. Ask Oregon State if Wisconsin is wimpy. I say they beat Oregon by at least 2 scores.

As for LSU against Alabama, LSU has had some luck this year, and their luck is about to run out. They will not beat Alabama a 2nd time in a row.
Oregon State...My PE flag football team beats them 9 outa 10 times, No the Badgers are going to get destroyed. LSU....thats a bet as sure as the sun will rise at dawn. But thats why they play the game man.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:39 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,886,702 times
Quote:
No the Badgers are going to get destroyed.
LOL. When was the last time the real Oregon team showed up in the Rose Bowl? The 50's? Oregon is going to get beat by double digits.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:45 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,970,985 times
Quote:
Oregon State...My PE flag football team beats them 9 outa 10 times, No the Badgers are going to get destroyed.
You are really underestimating that team. Russell Wilson is the real deal. Montee Ball is the top rusher in NCAA. Their defense is good enough. I actually believe these guys pull the upset (as they should be the underdogs).

Old 12-05-2011, 07:00 PM

4,012 posts, read 2,556,429 times
I think Wisconsin will have a chance because of Russell Wilson. NC State was smoking something.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:44 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,038,726 times
I hope all the Ducks are healthy for the Rose Bowl. We are banged up all over. Cannot wait to see De'Anthony Thomas back on the field playing in front of his hometown. I expect the Black Mamba to have a monster game.

Should be a great game- high scoring. Wiscy is a good team.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:59 PM
JL

7,359 posts, read 12,001,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I hope all the Ducks are healthy for the Rose Bowl. We are banged up all over. Cannot wait to see De'Anthony Thomas back on the field playing in front of his hometown. I expect the Black Mamba to have a monster game.

Should be a great game- high scoring. Wiscy is a good team.
Cliff Harris has been kicked off the team for good...it will be a close game nevertheless. Wisconsin has a running game that can eat up the clock and keep the Duck's offense off the field. I wouldn't underestimate that team. Ball is a beast. However, i still think Oregon wins it 38-34.

On a different note, as far as the Ok.St and Stanford game, i think the Cowboys will beat the Cardinals by 3 TDs...just too much offensive firepower though i expect a good game from Luck. Ok.St wins 52 - 35.

Last edited by JL; 12-05-2011 at 09:14 PM..

Old 12-05-2011, 08:10 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,038,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Cliff Harris has been kicked off the team for good...it will be a close game nevertheless.

On a different note, as far as the Ok.St and Stanford game, i think the Cowboys will beat the Cardinals by 3 TDs...just too much offensive firepower though i expect a good game from Luck.
Yeah, a lot of us had been expecting that (popped for weed in Fresno). The kid was such a natural talent. I think he'll get a shot in the late rounds, but man, kid could not get it together. Our young RSFR dbs are getting better and will continue to grow. But, man, to lose an AA cb....ugh!

I think OSU takes out Stanford too.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:57 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,650,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
You are really underestimating that team. Russell Wilson is the real deal. Montee Ball is the top rusher in NCAA. Their defense is good enough. I actually believe these guys pull the upset (as they should be the underdogs).
I think it's a pretty good match-up and I'd be surprised if either team really blew it open until possibly late in the game.

But I think the match-ups might favor Oregon in this game, even though a lot of experts are saying otherwise. When I look at Oregon's two losses, I see there are basically two ways to beat the Ducks: you can do it the way LSU did it by basically forcing turnovers and then just battering the lines and wearing them down by the 4th quarter, but I don't think Wisconsin's quite as physical as LSU is on the line, so that might not work -- could be wrong on that one, I reckon.

The other way is to do it the way USC did it: precision passing and a wide open offensive attack. That's not really what Wisconsin does, either. However, I agree that Ball is the shizzle, and he could have a big day against Oregon. The Ducks aren't exactly dominant in terms of stopping the run, either, so this is why it could be an entertaining game.

I think it will be imperative for Ball to have a dominant game against the Ducks. Anything short of that, I think the Ducks take this one. I think it'll be entertaining, but Ducks pull away, maybe 35-31. However, if Ball has a great game and keeps Oregon off the field and Wisconsin can dictate the pace, maybe the Badgers reverse the score a little in a slightly lower scoring game, 31-24.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:59 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,650,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yeah, a lot of us had been expecting that (popped for weed in Fresno). The kid was such a natural talent. I think he'll get a shot in the late rounds, but man, kid could not get it together. Our young RSFR dbs are getting better and will continue to grow. But, man, to lose an AA cb....ugh!

I think OSU takes out Stanford too.
I could be way wrong on this, but I think an inspired, pissed off OSU team takes Stanford to the woodshed. This is still an important game for the Cowboys, especially since recruiters can brag that they're besting OU now. I like OSU in a blowout, 45-17.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or