Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 01:00 AM

291 posts, read 688,925 times

Advertisements

1) Oregon - If you were 18 years old and could play college football anywhere in the country, where would you wanna play? I can't believe I am saying this, but I would probably play for the Oregon Ducks. I love all of their different uniform combinations, they got great facilities, they play in a great stadium which may be small but it's loud and fun and just a really cool stadium, Eugene is a neat college town, the PAC-12 is a great conference, the weather in Oregon is nice and mild, and Phil Night from Nike is their big booster. Also, that offense of theirs looks really fun even though the pro style offense that Steve Sarkisian runs up at Washington is better suited for a future in the NFL. The Oregon program just seems so cool to me even though I root against them and I have tried to hate them.

2) Florida State - After Oregon I would probably choose Florida State. I like the direction that FSU is heading in. It looks like the Noles are getting their swagger back.

3) Notre Dame - After FSU I would probably pick Notre Dame. Love them or hate them, they will always be the New York Yankees of college football. Notre Dame is just a very special and very unique place regardless of their lack of success lately.

4) LSU - I love the SEC, the atmosphere at Tiger Stadium for night games is awesome. I just love their program.

5) Tennessee - To be able to play at Neyland Stadium and here the Vols fans sing Rockytop would be enough for me to wanna play there. My favorite stadium, fans, and gameday atmosphere in the country by far!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 09:10 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,339,664 times
Texas

Old 08-15-2011, 09:41 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,921,303 times
Psu

Old 08-15-2011, 10:33 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,339,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Psu
Say, how's JoePa doin' this week?

God Bless him.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:57 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
In no order...

Texas, Florida, LSU, Georgia, Florida State.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:02 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,091 times
1. Texas Tech-I'm a Tech alumnus and huge fan of the team so I would love to play football for the Red Raiders! The football facilites have also been expanded and upgraded significantly and I think I would enjoy having Tommy Tuberville as my head coach.
2. Florida State-A great program historically (Bobby Bowden was always one of my favorite head coaches). They are also currently improving rapidly and have great facilities. The beaches at Pensacola/Destin/Panama City would also be a short drive away...oh yeah!
3. TCU- Great program and a great head coach. They also have recently upgraded facilities, including a major stadium renovation/upgrade.
4. Oregon-Great program, great facilities, great head coach, great location.
5. Arkansas-I like SEC football and they have a great program and nice facilities.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:12 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,258,252 times
If I was good enough to choose anywhere, I'd pick Ohio State. Not only is it my favorite college team, but it would also be close enough for my family and friends to come see me play.

But, I'd also consider Texas and Miami.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:41 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,680 times
What always shocked me is why Arizona St didn't have a stud team. You would think with all the hot co-eds that they would get more players to show up...

If I was a 18 y/o player, no way I go to Oregon or Ohio St... too cold.

I would probably only consider (in this order): FSU, LSU, UNC

Old 08-15-2011, 02:43 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,921,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Say, how's JoePa doin' this week?

God Bless him.

A little older than last week. Kind of a shame at this point really

Old 08-15-2011, 03:50 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,765 times
In no particular order
Stanford- great academics, great football program, next to Palo Alto on the SF peninsula
Notre Dame- Great History with that school
UCLA-great academics, great sports all around, across the street from Bel Air in Beverly Hills, Play football in the Rose Bowl
Clemson-I love the university, stadium is cool, rich with tradition
Texas-It's in Austin, good football team, excellent tradition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football