Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:43 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,823,943 times

Advertisements

This will be the end of the NCAA. Every program in the country cheats, and it's impossible to stop, so they will form a new league and pay the players.
The NCAA is obsolete........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 04:47 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,823,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
His stature of being a criminal has no barring. At the time, no one knew he was involved in a Ponzi schemes so background checks aren't going to show anything beyond the business (Capital Investments USA) he associated to his Ponzi scheme. To Miami, he just looked like a business man trying to help out the school with money i.e. a booster.

The real question to me is why he decided to come forward. He obviously was a fan of the team/school. Setting them up for failure just doesn't make a whole lot of sense; let alone pissing off a lot of people from his community of Miami as well as ex-players he made connections with.
He came forward because his cute little butt in burried in a federal prison cell...!!! The more he tells, the sooner he gets out. It goes sooo much farther than Miami. All the major schools in the country have plenty to hide, right up through the administrators.........

Old 08-17-2011, 06:17 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,020,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
What NCAA rules do you think Oregon has broken?
If you'd read my original post, you'd notice that I didn't accuse anyone of anything. I just stated the fact that those schools have all been mentioned in some sort of NCAA investigation including Oregon, that's all.

I'd think that you, as a Ducks fan, are surely aware of this... so not sure why you'd play that game and get all defensive.. COME ON MAN!

http://http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bellotti-discusses-NCAA-investigation-into-Oregon.html

Old 08-17-2011, 09:14 PM

12,888 posts, read 13,196,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
This will be the end of the NCAA. Every program in the country cheats, and it's impossible to stop, so they will form a new league and pay the players.
The NCAA is obsolete........

No they don't.

But yes it's impossible to stop.

The NCAA sucks (edit)

Old 08-17-2011, 09:37 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,014,767 times
Erm, the minute they start paying players is when I consider throwing in my towel as a fan.

I agree there needs to be reform of the rules process and educating the kids about it.

Ok, maybe they should overlook giving kids some free dinners and some stuff like that.

But over looking the whole Title 9 implications......

You are getting a FREE RIDE for a UNIVERSITY EDUCATION. If you decide to take a crap degree and mess around, that's on you. I hear all this "kids, kids, kids" crap. None of us non-ahtletes were called that at 18. We were adults. You should be able to figure out that only A SMALL PERCENTAGE of players go to the NFL after college.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:21 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,487,796 times
Every school has issues but Miami is in a league of their own. They promote the same culture that they are now in trouble for. It's been promoted less in the last five years but the reason they won and became popular without the traditional university resources(they have poor facilities and horrible fanbase) is the thug culture they promoted back when they were winning national championships. It's how they got players to come to Miami. It's really no shock that this happened there.

Forced to run a tight ship for the next 10 years at least they'll just be another program.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:31 AM

996 posts, read 1,889,598 times
The rumours of the "Death Penalty" being an option is really chilling Miami has really gotten into some deep stuff this time...

Old 08-18-2011, 06:34 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,443,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
If you'd read my original post, you'd notice that I didn't accuse anyone of anything. I just stated the fact that those schools have all been mentioned in some sort of NCAA investigation including Oregon, that's all.

I'd think that you, as a Ducks fan, are surely aware of this... so not sure why you'd play that game and get all defensive.. COME ON MAN!

http://http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bellotti-discusses-NCAA-investigation-into-Oregon.html
Didn't mean to come across that way. I was just curious to see the perception of the whole Lyles thing people had a few months after the Yahoo article. In Oregon, the journalists are still trying to rip apart UO and simply making stuff up. As far as Duck insiders know, there is no official investigation...as of yet. There hasn't been an official letter of inquiry, which is standard procedure when the NCAA investigates. All the other programs recently investigated received one- USC, NC, OSU, UCF. I think the NCAA is looking at how to fix any gray areas that every school operates in. Besides, there is way more information supporting Oregon than most people read from the national media. So, I was just curious to what you'd heard. If you want another side from an Oregon perspective, yet supported by facts (and not silly rumors like Nike designed the Black Mamba shoe for a recruit w/ the nickname Black Mamba...yet it was in reality Kobe Bryant's new shoe), check out Scott Reed's blog. Sadly, he's put a lot more research than the Oregon journalists. It may be interesting to see that. Take it for what it is.

http://duckotherside.blogspot.com/se...max-results=27

Old 08-18-2011, 07:40 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,434,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Every school has issues but Miami is in a league of their own. They promote the same culture that they are now in trouble for. It's been promoted less in the last five years but the reason they won and became popular without the traditional university resources(they have poor facilities and horrible fanbase) is the thug culture they promoted back when they were winning national championships. It's how they got players to come to Miami. It's really no shock that this happened there.
Pot calling the kettle black huh... UF had 31 arrests during Meyer's stay i.e. UF's recent golden age. Chris Rainey threatens to kill his ex-girlfriend after stalking her (remember this guy rape a girl in high school). No problem, we will play him right away and keep him on the team. Muschamp has already dealt with Janoris Jenkins (star cornerback) arrest for marijuana possession under his short time there. Jenkins is a second time offense since he had a misdemeanor affray and resisting arrest back in 2009. Thugs galore over in Gainesville. Let's see if Muschamp fixes the issue with the Thugs; dismissing Jenkins is one step in the right direction...

Old 08-18-2011, 07:56 AM

9,344 posts, read 20,691,333 times
An engrossing read, hanging on every word of this Yahoo! Sports article.

Just the latest black eye for the NCAA. Whoever thinks the NCAA, as a ruling agency, has standards however, do yourself a favor and put the name "Rodney Guillory" into a search engine, and then wonder how in the hell Tim Floyd is able to coach at the University of Texas El Paso.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football