U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 08:18 PM

774 posts, read 651,437 times

Advertisements

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigatio...enefits_081611
If this stuff is true they are done
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 09:04 PM

8,380 posts, read 8,371,514 times
No surprises there at all.

But then again, I still flinch at the ass-whippin' those thugs put on my Horns in the '91 Cotton Bowl.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:35 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,363,480 times
Quote:
He also put bounties on specific players, including Florida Gators quarterback Tim Tebow and a three-year standing bounty on Seminoles quarterback Chris Rix from 2002 to 2004, offering $5,000 to any player who knocked him out of a game.

“We pounded the (expletive) out of that kid,” Shapiro said of Rix. “Watch the tape of those games. You’ll see so many big hits on him. Guys were all going after that $5,000 in cash. [Jon] Vilma tried to kill him – just crushed him – a couple of times trying to get that $5,000. And he almost got it, too.”

Quote:
Shapiro rotated through multiple strip clubs with players on a regular basis – Solid Gold, The Cheetah, Pink Pony and Tootsies Cabaret. Shapiro often arrived to the clubs with thick wads of cash to spend on the dancers. Despite that, his additional credit card charges for just Solid Gold from mid 2005 to 2010 totaled $32,683.25.
Miami haters are going to have a holiday.

Quote:
In one instance, Shapiro described taking a player to the Pink Pony strip club and paying for a dancer to engage in sex with the athlete. In the ensuing weeks, Shapiro said the dancer called one of his security providers and informed him that the player had gotten her pregnant during the incident. Shapiro said he gave the dancer $500 to have an abortion performed, without notifying the player of the incident. “I was doing him a favor,” the booster said. “That idiot might have wanted to keep [the baby].”
Due to the sensitivity of the allegation, Yahoo! Sports has chosen not to name the player allegedly involved.
Holy....crap

Old 08-16-2011, 09:37 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,922,814 times
I really don't think mny wil be shocked because of the programs reputatio already. its like to effect alot of former coanches now at other places now.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:27 AM

292 posts, read 591,556 times
It's sad because Miami could be the best program in the country like it used to be. Call me crazy, but I think that one day the Miami program will be back on top. The idea of Miami not being good again is sad to me and I refuse to accept it. Maybe I just miss the 80's back when the Canes were kicking butt, Miami Vice was a hit show, and Ronald Reagan was in the White House. I miss the good old days. Also, back then players could have fun. These days players get flagged for having too much fun.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:33 AM

6,560 posts, read 10,268,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
I'd like to see the Canes and the Buckeyes both get the death penalty, but let's be serious. The NCAA turned a blind eye to Cam Newton's dad openly shopping him around, they're not gonna give OSU and Miami the ultimate punishment.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:59 AM

8,380 posts, read 8,371,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I'd like to see the Canes and the Buckeyes both get the death penalty, but let's be serious. The NCAA turned a blind eye to Cam Newton's dad openly shopping him around, they're not gonna give OSU and Miami the ultimate punishment.
True, but the NCAA has always been very uneven handing out the sanctions.

If this scandal is true, then Florida Atlantic will probably bear the brunt of it.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:24 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,853,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
The NCAA cannot give either team the "death penalty" per NCAA rules.

So yeah, there is no way either team will get the ultimate punishment.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 08-17-2011 at 07:34 AM..

Old 08-17-2011, 07:26 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,363,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
The NCAA cannot give either team the "death penalty" per NCAA rules.

So yeah, there is no way either team will get the ultimate punishment.
Like, NEVER? What if something so bad happen where a team was proven to be fixing games, killing puppies as sacrifice prior to games and voting democrat? That still couldnt get a life ban?

Old 08-17-2011, 07:30 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,853,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Like, NEVER? What if something so bad happen where a team was proven to be fixing games, killing puppies as sacrifice prior to games and voting democrat? That still couldnt get a life ban?

The way I read the rules, no. Although if a team was doing what you said, that would be some pretty serious probation. LOL.

Edit; looks like the NCAA could ban them. I must have misread the rule last time. "The NCAA still has the power to ban schools from competing in a sport without any preliminary sanctions in cases of particularly serious violations. However, the "repeat violator" rule gave the Infractions Committees of the various NCAA divisions specific instances where it either must bar a school from competing or explain why it didn't."

Either way, Miami is screwed for a long time if all of this is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football