U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 04:03 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,019,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
The embolded part made me guffaw. That shows you "don't know diddly"....

Regurgitating a criminal spewing deflection in the media doesn't hold water.

Neither was taking what was printed about Lyles here in Texas and claiming it is the honest truth. I'm not saying he's not a bum, but all that so called UT was leery about Lyles simply came from media outlets and I've read it before- no insider information at all- simple regurgitation.

But I will certainly be rooting for your Ducks to pound LSU in JerryWorld. Been a Duck fan for decades, in spite of those unis. And Les Miles is overrated.

BTW - NOBODY's doing business with Lyles any more. His "service" is defunct, and he's working as a clerk in a liquor store. It appears the naive Duck coaches were his last big score.
Even high school coaches ran him off their school grounds when he came snooping around....that's what kind of reputation he had down here.
Believe me, I know all about Lyles. I also know my fair share of recruiting done here in our state of Texas and it isn't clean. If you think it is, well, you are either blind, have never been around Texas high school football, or well...Mackie boy puts on a good front to the media, but most of the Texas universities are the pimps and high school coaches the "ladies of the night." Look at Temple's former coach, Bryce Monsen. He was all hot and bothered Lache went out of state- he wanted so desperately to make extra money coaching camps, and was baited about coaching a bit higher up- and we ain't taking about 5a. When Lache went elsewhere and he never got what was hinted at by more than a few of the Texas schools, he began to talk trash saying Lache didn't work hard and that is the reason Temple blew. Temple blew because Monsen was a terrible coach and couldn't even reach the playoffs with one of the better backs in Texas.

I have heard my share of stories from coaches as a teacher in Pflugerville ISD who has a few colleagues who has hubbies as coaches. If you think Oregon has questionable recruiting tactics, well, throw in the Bevos as well because I've learned quite a lot from them.

But, I hope we can beat LSU and y'all do better. My wife just isn't the same to bs with when her alma mater is down.

Oh, and here's a little bit...Lyles and Art Briles still have a relationship...so a little bird told me.

Last edited by Acuda; 08-25-2011 at 04:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 04:49 PM

8,391 posts, read 8,383,478 times
I've watched Texas recruiting for 50 years, knew lots of recruits & coaches during my 30 years in secondary education, so you can't tell me anything new about the topic. I followed P'Ville when it was a Class B school and at one time had the nation's longest HS football winning streak at 55.

If Art Briles is still dealing with that dirtbag Lyles, then shame on him. But it's not the first time Briles did something off-kilter.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I've watched Texas recruiting for 50 years, knew lots of recruits & coaches during my 30 years in secondary education, so you can't tell me anything new about the topic. I followed P'Ville when it was a Class B school and at one time had the nation's longest HS football winning streak at 55.

If Art Briles is still dealing with that dirtbag Lyles, then shame on him. But it's not the first time Briles did something off-kilter.
Well, I guess we agree on the matter. Yeah, Briles is certainly no saint.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuBend View Post
Probably good to avoid all those instances where Oregon's wins would be declared retroactively null and void anyway. Now, let's see if they can save the LaMichael James victories....
Meh...that wouldn't have happened since Lache would not have been declared ineligible.

Carry on...Beav.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
So just lack of institutional control then?
Ha, ha! I think you know we'll not get anything close to major violations. Keep drinking the Canzano Kool-Aid though. Must be a miserable existence living in the shadow of big brother. It's good to be a Duck.

Go Ducks!

Old 08-26-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
SC got a 2-year bowl ban because Reggie's stepdad got a good deal on a house.

What do you think the NCAA will do now that Willie Lyles admitted to being a recruiting stooge and providing undue influence on behalf of Oregon? Yeah, the AD hired a huge law firm just to reduce the number of schollie limits from 10 to 5, right? I. Don't. Think. So.

Nothing miserable about my existence, by the way. I don't live through my football team. I've found the majority of Duck fans are trailer-dwelling Springieldites who spent a maximum of 15 hours on the UO campus for education anyway, so the sympathy goes one way.

Blah, blah, blah...you sound just like a typical Corn Valley fan who doesn't know anything. You can try and yack all about SC, but it is obvious you are just following what the Oregonian tells you to follow like a typical sheep (and we all know what type of sheep Corvallis has). Oh, and you can keep that UO trailer trash hogwash because you know that is bs. Besides, you're a Beav...you are beneath me anyways. Plain. And. Simple.

Man, Corn Valley is going to go on suicide watch when the Ducks beat that *** again this year. And let's be frank, Oregon can lose schollies and still whup the Beavs for the next 10 years. Y'all climax every year when you go off to fight in the Sun Bowl. Oh well, at least you have basketball...oh, that hasn't turned out too well for the last million years has it? At least you have track...oh wait. Cheerleaders...wait. Baseball...yikes, that is beginning to turn as well (and will only get worse for you). What the f*** do you have?

Oh well, at least you have fat ugly chicks...

If I wanted to talk to a jealous Beav, I'd log onto OLive...shoot, I'm beginning to like the resident Sooner fan even more...haha, Never (I'm beginning to like ya...) Besides, I suspect you will drift away when the season starts much like the Beavs. Now Nutria, go prepare for that huge Sacramento State game...arrgh, Sac State!

Last edited by Acuda; 08-26-2011 at 09:57 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 09:53 AM

8,391 posts, read 8,383,478 times
An Austin sportswriter said today that Seastrunk shouldn't have to sit out for a year before playing for Baylor because coaches who switch don't have to lay off from coaching.

I agree.

The NCAA should change that rule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or