U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 11:39 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,022,063 times

Advertisements

Not at all shocking news out of Eugene. The kid was buried on the depth chart- 4th/5th string. Kid has mad ability, but had some serious issues mastering the playbook in the year and a half he was there. Plus, he didn't run north-south. 2 freshman and a walk-on were getting more reps. We'll see if it happens. He'll have a better shot at Baylor as Oregon is loaded at running back.

Good luck to the kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 12:48 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,859,444 times
Should have never the state in the first place.

Good way for UO to take some heat off of the Lyles investigation.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:21 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,916,178 times
Reason he wasnt at a Texas school.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Reason he wasnt at a Texas school.
What reason is that? UT was loaded at running back, but no other school in Texas was for a 5 star back to be all that worried going in.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:58 AM

8,409 posts, read 8,405,878 times
Loaded? lol

UT was starved for a great RB, but Mack Brown caught wind of dirty recruiting with that kid.
Dodged a bullet with him.
Texas has one possibly very good RB on campus now (Malcolm Brown) and a good one verbaled for 2012 (Jonathan Gray).

Old 08-22-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Loaded? lol

UT was starved for a great RB, but Mack Brown caught wind of dirty recruiting with that kid.
Dodged a bullet with him.
Texas has one possibly very good RB on campus now (Malcolm Brown) and a good one verbaled for 2012 (Jonathan Gray).
Please...dirty recruiting my a$$. No UT coach caught wind of any dirty recruiting tactics. That is just bs made up by...wait for it...Texas. Until the NCAA formally states there was anything wrong in the recruitment of Lache, stop perpetuating what the media has spoon fed you. Contrary to what you think you have heard (dodged a bullet ), Lache is a great kid and every Duck I know hope he succeeds where ever he ends up.

And I guess you are right, UT's backs were dogs**t. Hopefully Brown and Gray come in and tear it up.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Please...dirty recruiting my a$$. No UT coach caught wind of any dirty recruiting tactics. That is just bs made up by...wait for it...Texas. Until the NCAA formally states there was anything wrong in the recruitment of Lache, stop perpetuating what the media has spoon fed you. Contrary to what you think you have heard (dodged a bullet ), Lache is a great kid and every Duck I know hope he succeeds where ever he ends up.

And I guess you are right, UT's backs were dogs**t. Hopefully Brown and Gray come in and tear it up.
Never did I say the kid himself was dirty, just the recruiting process.

Does Will Lyles ring a bell?

It appears your Duck coaches scrambled quite a bit to CYA (the recruit videos) on their dealings with that dirtbag, but we'll have to wait to see how the NCAA rules on it all.

At best, Oregon was really stupid to pay $25k for some bad info from a street agent.

And yes, the Texas coaches saw what Lyles was up to. Whadda crook.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Never did I say the kid himself was dirty, just the recruiting process.

Does Will Lyles ring a bell?

It appears your Duck coaches scrambled quite a bit to CYA (the recruit videos) on their dealings with that dirtbag, but we'll have to wait to see how the NCAA rules on it all.

At best, Oregon was really stupid to pay $25k for some bad info from a street agent.

And yes, the Texas coaches saw what Lyles was up to. Whadda crook.
Unless you are apart of the NCAA who has been given Oregon's side of the story, videos, information, interviews, and not just regurgitating media drivel, you don't know diddly. Yeah, Lyles rings a bell. We are pretty aware of the guy. And, he also said that UT was ticked he wasn't dealing with them anymore. So, I guess we will see. Meanwhile, it is business as usual in Oregon as we prepare for LSU in Jerry World- #3 vs. #4. Yee-haw!

Last edited by Acuda; 08-24-2011 at 07:06 PM..

Old 08-25-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Unless you are apart of the NCAA who has been given Oregon's side of the story, videos, information, interviews, and not just regurgitating media drivel, you don't know diddly. Yeah, Lyles rings a bell. We are pretty aware of the guy. And, he also said that UT was ticked he wasn't dealing with them anymore. So, I guess we will see. Meanwhile, it is business as usual in Oregon as we prepare for LSU in Jerry World- #3 vs. #4. Yee-haw!
The embolded part made me guffaw. That shows you "don't know diddly"....

Regurgitating a criminal spewing deflection in the media doesn't hold water.

But I will certainly be rooting for your Ducks to pound LSU in JerryWorld. Been a Duck fan for decades, in spite of those unis. And Les Miles is overrated.

BTW - NOBODY's doing business with Lyles any more. His "service" is defunct, and he's working as a clerk in a liquor store. It appears the naive Duck coaches were his last big score.
Even high school coaches ran him off their school grounds when he came snooping around....that's what kind of reputation he had down here.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:43 PM

1,804 posts, read 3,703,584 times
Should have went to BU in the first place with RG3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or