U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 07:30 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,744,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Ouch...Mean Green got spanked tonight. It's gonna be another long season in Denton. I don't see more than 2 wins this year.
Agreed, FIU is terrible, so what does that make UNT this year?

Maybe they can turn it around...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 07:54 AM

4,883 posts, read 3,973,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Ouch...Mean Green got spanked tonight. It's gonna be another long season in Denton. I don't see more than 2 wins this year.

They DID get spanked....by a Sunbelt Foe nonetheless..... Hmmm WKU lost, but it was closer and they played a big school......

2 wins might be generous for a team that cannot seem to control the ball on offense after the defense gets beat up in the first quarter, but you are correct NO MORE THAN 2 wins

BOTTOM 10 HERE WE COME !!!!!

Old 09-02-2011, 04:03 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,945,562 times
No mentioned of the great Washington St Cougars. They amounted 5 amazing wins over the past 3 years. Who can remember last years crazy fourth quarter comeback on legendary 1-AA Montana State...

Old 09-03-2011, 10:00 PM

14,260 posts, read 23,983,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
No mentioned of the great Washington St Cougars. They amounted 5 amazing wins over the past 3 years. Who can remember last years crazy fourth quarter comeback on legendary 1-AA Montana State...
No bottom ten list would be complete with the following:

New Mexico - thought that they would beat Colorado State ... wrong.
New Mexico St. - what team has 1st and ten on their own 10 yard line and has a snap over the QBs head for a safety?

San Jose State

Eastern Michigan
Kent State

Western Kentucky - Isn't a national championship in FCS better than 0-12 every season?

Old 09-03-2011, 11:01 PM

977 posts, read 1,629,639 times
I think Duke and Oregon State will make an appearance in the inaugural Bottom 10 this season. Kansas State almost lost to Eastern Kentucky too, so they should be there as well. Others:

New Mexico State
San Jose State
Akron
Memphis
Idaho
Western Kentucky
North Texas

Old 09-03-2011, 11:53 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,378,972 times
Guess Oregon State will get the #5 spot, the one that always goes to the "good" team that gets upset or plays lousy. I guess it could possibly to go Auburn, I can't remember if they have to lose to be on the list.

The Bottom 10 is one of my favorite parts of football season each year, can't wait.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:54 PM

Well North texas can count on 0-2 after Saturday night
Even though it will ve the first game in the new stadium, I don't think they can rig it enough to beat Houston, who already won at UCLA on the road last week.

ESPN Ohio State Buckeyes come 'Undone' -- Bottom 10 - ESPN Had New Mexico and New Mexico State BOTH in the Bottom 10
I like Steve Harvey's column But I cjecled online and saw no mention of it so we will have to check later in the week like Thursday and see if it comes out or not

North Texas will play Florida Atlantic OCT 8 and WKU on November 19 One of those may be the first win

Old 09-07-2011, 06:17 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,378,972 times
Think it went up today, I saw it this morning.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:21 PM

SO YES Houston wins big in the first game at North Texas' new Apology Stadium...... Next week, the Not-So-Mean-Green will venture southeast to play Alabama
SO returning home 0-3 after that, they will host Indiana at home. Indiana is so far winless, having lost to Ball State in the opener......
Could that be UNT's first win?
Or should they look ahead to FAU?!?!?!

New Mexico won, I think that was the 3rd win ever for that coach there?

ON Another Laughable Note, since there is talk of "SUperconferences" being the college football norm of the future, maybe The Sunbelt can get some top talent like McNeese State and Texas State to move up and come into the Sunbelt. Who knows, maybe SouthCentral Oklahoma State and Northern Wyoming would follow suit....

Old 09-11-2011, 01:41 PM

6,557 posts, read 10,264,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
New Mexico won, I think that was the 3rd win ever for that coach there?
New Mexico State won...they beat Minnesota 28-21.

New Mexico, on the other hand, got absolutely destroyed by Arkansas
52-3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or