U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2011, 12:56 PM

3,458 posts, read 3,116,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
The Big 12 is a dead end in the long run as it stands.
i think you're right, and it will be interesting to see if Texas's greed and arrogance ends up biting them in the ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 12:59 PM

13,720 posts, read 25,568,657 times
Quote:
As I said, that horrible choice destroyed his cred....at least to Texas fans.
I guess you like Ed Clements and his undying love of Mack Brown on the radio too. Or that bozo Richard Tejirina who does the scorecard?

Old 09-12-2011, 08:07 PM

8,405 posts, read 8,395,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I guess you like Ed Clements and his undying love of Mack Brown on the radio too. Or that bozo Richard Tejirina who does the scorecard?
Never listen to them. Never heard of Tejirina.

But I guess you think Bush was the better player? lol

Old 09-12-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
i think you're right, and it will be interesting to see if Texas's greed and arrogance ends up biting them in the ass.
EVERYBODY is after the money. Supposedly that's why the aggys are moving to the SEC.

Too bad the also-rans don't have the following or the record that UT does to make bigger $$ with their marque.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:21 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,772,527 times
It cuts both ways........

If all parties voted for the unequal revenue sharing then they only have themselves to blame if they aren't as prolific as Texas.

Then again, lets be realistic. There are very few Texas's. Relentless chasing of money at the expense of letting others participate isn't something to be lauded.

But hey, it's the sign of the times.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
It cuts both ways........

If all parties voted for the unequal revenue sharing then they only have themselves to blame if they aren't as prolific as Texas.

Then again, lets be realistic. There are very few Texas's. Relentless chasing of money at the expense of letting others participate isn't something to be lauded.

But hey, it's the sign of the times.
But "parity" is just punishing those who can.

On the other hand, I do not like the commercialization of CFB at all. I think TV has ruined the essence of the college game, and Texas' "Adzillatron" is an embarrassment. Plus the noisy, booming ads are an abysmal annoyance.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:56 PM

5,414 posts, read 7,719,806 times
Quote:
But "parity" is just punishing those who can.

On the other hand, I do not like the commercialization of CFB at all. I think TV has ruined the essence of the college game, and Texas' "Adzillatron" is an embarrassment. Plus the noisy, booming ads are an abysmal annoyance.
>>>>>
I think TV has ruined the essence of the college game
<<<<<

Yep.

ESPN/LHN = destruction and the end of all that we've known about regional/cultural football norms in the Southwest (OK/TX).

Old 09-14-2011, 07:13 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,748,947 times
Why does everyone have a problem with the LHN anyway? If you aren't a longhorn, why would you care...?

BYU has their own TV station and no one throws a hissy fit about that...

I actually think the LHN is pretty cool (luckily I have fios so I get the station). It's nice to see some of the great things some of the students are doing for the university-- like the solar car design team, or traveling and teaching in underprivileged schools in India. Sure, the channel is mostly about football (which is cool too) but it also highlights some of the other great features of the University of Texas. Plus, I'm sure the women's soccer team will be thrilled that they finally get to be on tv.

That $300 Million from ESPN will mostly go towards research at UT. The university would be crazy to turn that kind of money down. Who knows, maybe they will use it to find a cure for cancer? Or research new and exciting ways to increase our energy supply. It really is a great thing for the university. The possibilities are endless.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:21 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,857,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Why does everyone have a problem with the LHN anyway? If you aren't a longhorn, why would you care...?

BYU has their own TV station and no one throws a hissy fit about that...

Maybe you should ask UNL, CU and aTm?

Conferences have revenue sharing. If texas wants to make a bunch of side money using TV contracts and athletics then man up and go indy like BYU did.

texas is now saying they want to keep the conference intact but OU is the one that wants to leave and wreck the conference. Bunch of lying sacks. Their arrogance is astounding.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:53 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,748,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Maybe you should ask UNL, CU and aTm?

Conferences have revenue sharing. If texas wants to make a bunch of side money using TV contracts and athletics then man up and go indy like BYU did.

texas is now saying they want to keep the conference intact but OU is the one that wants to leave and wreck the conference. Bunch of lying sacks. Their arrogance is astounding.
What is the problem with making side money though? It isn't like the side money is going towards athletics...

If OU receives a grant, should they have to share it with UT? Lets not be silly. This whole thing is really about jealousy... if these other schools want a tv network, go get one...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football