U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2011, 12:11 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,725,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Again, you miss my main point. UNITY should trump all of this especially right now with the ridiculously fractured nature of the Big 12.....and BBall will always take a backseat to football in revenue. OU/Tejas and the others are not worried about the Jayhawks making money on basketball because BBall will always be 2nd Fiddle. Period.

Kansas nor Tejas need money. The conference needs unity, but as usual the almighty dollar wins out.

Having said that, I'm good with Tejas having all the money as long as OU keeps drubbin' 'em 55-17.
Unity??? Since when does Texas and OU share info on any level?? Does OSU and KSU car pool?? Unity is bacteria as MONEY is the Empire State building in all this conference talk.

Look, how can you blame Texas for taking money found on the side walk with no one around. ESPN said, we will give you money and we will broadcast all that is UT, sports and academics. No school is stupid enough to pass that up especially with the cost of operating a major university and higher tuition cost in this poor enconomy. Im not saying this is why Texas accepted the ESPN deal but I may have been a factor.

Just think if USC would have beat Texas in '05 and they, USC, had not had the NCAA regulations on them, ESPN would be in on the campus of the Trojans.

Unity went out the door along with everything else, MONEY is all that everyone cares about now a days.

So I say, make hay while the sun shines, cause all this money business will end, and END BAD. Well for some.

Not for Texas anyway! Its 1:11 and ou(who) STILL SUCKS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 12:34 PM

5,417 posts, read 7,727,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Unity??? Since when does Texas and OU share info on any level?? Does OSU and KSU car pool?? Unity is bacteria as MONEY is the Empire State building in all this conference talk.

Look, how can you blame Texas for taking money found on the side walk with no one around. ESPN said, we will give you money and we will broadcast all that is UT, sports and academics. No school is stupid enough to pass that up especially with the cost of operating a major university and higher tuition cost in this poor enconomy. Im not saying this is why Texas accepted the ESPN deal but I may have been a factor.

Just think if USC would have beat Texas in '05 and they, USC, had not had the NCAA regulations on them, ESPN would be in on the campus of the Trojans.

Unity went out the door along with everything else, MONEY is all that everyone cares about now a days.

So I say, make hay while the sun shines, cause all this money business will end, and END BAD. Well for some.

Not for Texas anyway! Its 1:11 and ou(who) STILL SUCKS!!
>>>>>
<<<<<

^^^
This is a travesty. What is not a travesty is OU absolutely crushing Tejas and the Shorthorns. You keep the money. We'll keep the domination.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:15 PM

8,412 posts, read 8,410,833 times
Quote:
>>>>>
<<<<<

^^^
This is a travesty. What is not a travesty is OU absolutely crushing Tejas and the Shorthorns. You keep the money. We'll keep the domination.
Y'all have the edge lately, but domination"?

Hardly.

You weren't beating your chest after UT had won 4 of 5 (barely losing the 5th because of a Charles fumble) prior to 2010.

This rivalry goes in spurts, and you have 2 in a row.....OOOOOOOOO!

Yeah, the commercialization & money-grubbing is a travesty, but it is also the new reality.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Y'all have the edge lately, but domination"?

Hardly.

You weren't beating your chest after UT had won 4 of 5 (barely losing the 5th because of a Charles fumble) prior to 2010.

This rivalry goes in spurts, and you have 2 in a row.....OOOOOOOOO!

Yeah, the commercialization & money-grubbing is a travesty, but it is also the new reality.
However you want to spin it go for it. We'll always have a level of tradition evidenced by on the field success the Horns won't have. Period.

On another note, I found this article somewhat interesting: Mizzou's Big 12 escape plan may be all a bluff

Old 10-13-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
However you want to spin it go for it. We'll always have a level of tradition evidenced by on the field success the Horns won't have. Period.

On another note, I found this article somewhat interesting: Mizzou's Big 12 escape plan may be all a bluff
Spin? Texas still leads the series by a good margin, so please let me know when OU catches up...if they ever do.

But don't forget, the OU record on how y'all built your post WWII "success" is a matter of record. Even one of your own governors wrote an expose on that sordid subject. No spin there - check the NCAA most sanctioned list - OU is on the top ten list of the dirtiest programs - something I wouldn't want to brag about.

But y'all really should rename your school the U. of Texas at Norman. How many Texans on your roster this year? lol

Face it, without Texas boys, OU would be a DII team playing community colleges.

Anyway, that article is interesting spin in itself, but it fails to mention how Mizzou has been lifting it's skirts to the Big 10 for almost 30 years. Mizzou started the recent destabilization, then Nebraska, and now followed by the whiney aggys. Texas doesn't really care if they leave, but good luck if they do. I bear Mizzou no ill will, as they were my 1st favorite team (Dad was MU Class of 1933).

Nor does the author have a clue about the so-called high school factor.

ESPN first started talking about televising HS games on the LHN...just like they have on ESPN2 for years. I've even watched Jenks play on that channel.
The NCAA is the one who put a temporary halt on the highlight business for 6 months - not Mizzou, not A&M.. I'll bet a dollar to a donut ESPN will beat them in court or else other schools like OU will want to do the same when they get their channels.

Anyway, by the end of the decade the conferences will be realigned and we'll have a semi-playoff system of some kind.

And sadly, everybody will still be grubbing for the big commercial bucks.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:55 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,386,327 times
That's actually a big reason why I tend to not like OU as much as OSU and TU. My dad likes to say that he won't root for any Texas teams, "including the one in Norman."

Old 10-14-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
that's actually a big reason why i tend to not like ou as much as osu and tu. My dad likes to say that he won't root for any texas teams, "including the one in norman."
Now that's pretty funny!

Old 10-14-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Spin? Texas still leads the series by a good margin, so please let me know when OU catches up...if they ever do.

But don't forget, the OU record on how y'all built your post WWII "success" is a matter of record. Even one of your own governors wrote an expose on that sordid subject. No spin there - check the NCAA most sanctioned list - OU is on the top ten list of the dirtiest programs - something I wouldn't want to brag about.

But y'all really should rename your school the U. of Texas at Norman. How many Texans on your roster this year? lol

Face it, without Texas boys, OU would be a DII team playing community colleges.

Anyway, that article is interesting spin in itself, but it fails to mention how Mizzou has been lifting it's skirts to the Big 10 for almost 30 years. Mizzou started the recent destabilization, then Nebraska, and now followed by the whiney aggys. Texas doesn't really care if they leave, but good luck if they do. I bear Mizzou no ill will, as they were my 1st favorite team (Dad was MU Class of 1933).

Nor does the author have a clue about the so-called high school factor.

ESPN first started talking about televising HS games on the LHN...just like they have on ESPN2 for years. I've even watched Jenks play on that channel.
The NCAA is the one who put a temporary halt on the highlight business for 6 months - not Mizzou, not A&M.. I'll bet a dollar to a donut ESPN will beat them in court or else other schools like OU will want to do the same when they get their channels.

Anyway, by the end of the decade the conferences will be realigned and we'll have a semi-playoff system of some kind.

And sadly, everybody will still be grubbing for the big commercial bucks.
We have these nice little trophies that tell us we're champions....look into it. (Sooners 7 AP and Horns 3AP).....you want to talk about domination not only nationally but locally Sooners have won the Big 12 7x.......Tejas?...3x.

Check if fellar: Ivan Maisel: Prestigious Oklahoma is consistency over flash - ESPN

Also, apparently those Texas Boys that choose to come to OU need a good Okie to tell 'em what to do and utilize all that great talent. Much obliged.

I tell you what, we'll give you back all those Texas players that come to OU when you give us back Okie Darrell Royal (2 AP Titles!)....oh, and please take an Okie's name off of your darn stadium!!! Classic...you Shorthorns will never live that one down. Please don't get Venebles as your head coach....you might actually start winning again, and no one wants that.

Sorry ScoPro....couldn't resist.

Oh yeh, don't forget: 55-17.

Last edited by Bass&Catfish2008; 10-15-2011 at 12:10 AM..

Old 10-14-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
That's actually a big reason why I tend to not like OU as much as OSU and TU. My dad likes to say that he won't root for any Texas teams, "including the one in Norman."
Typical bitter OSU fan.

Right, cause OSU doesn't get any players from Tejas? *sarcasm*

Go look at OU's roster this year (with the exception of T. Lewis, the best players on our team are NOT from Tejas = Landry Jones N.M, Ryan Broyles NORMAN, Dom Whaley LAWTON, Jevon Harris LAWTON, Kenny Stills Cali, Tony Jefferson Cali, Trey Millard, Missouri, Frank Alexander Louisiana and many others..........check any year past and you'll see plenty of Okies and many others from all over the nation on our roster.)

None of our 5 Heisman winners are from Tejas (B Sims was born in St. Louis). (Sam Bradford, Jason White, Steve Owen, AND Billy Vessels are from OkieVille.).....

That's okay Cuyler....at least OU treats the Cowboys a lot better than the Shorthorns treat their little brother Aggie.....ran the little fellar plum off!

Last edited by Bass&Catfish2008; 10-15-2011 at 12:11 AM..

Old 10-15-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
We have these nice little trophies that tell us we're champions....look into it. (Sooners 7 AP and Horns 3AP).....you want to talk about domination not only nationally but locally Sooners have won the Big 12 7x.......Tejas?...3x.

Check if fellar: Ivan Maisel: Prestigious Oklahoma is consistency over flash - ESPN

Also, apparently those Texas Boys that choose to come to OU need a good Okie to tell 'em what to do and utilize all that great talent. Much obliged.

I tell you what, we'll give you back all those Texas players that come to OU when you give us back Okie Darrell Royal (2 AP Titles!)....oh, and please take an Okie's name off of your darn stadium!!! Classic...you Shorthorns will never live that one down. Please don't get Venebles as your head coach....you might actually start winning again, and no one wants that.

Sorry ScoPro....couldn't resist.

Oh yeh, don't forget: 55-17.
DKR had the good sense to abandon Oklahoma and come to The Promised Land and stay here, like half of y'all's graduates do every year. Dallas probably has more okies than Norman.

And I'll remind you again how you got at least 5 of those MNCs (See NCAA probation/sanction history) and the fact that not one of those coaches were from Oklahoma or ever went to school there.

At least you admit the Sooners wouldn't be much of anything without Texas beef.

Oh yeah, don't forget: 59-42-5

History matters.

But gotta go now - we're heading down to DKRTM Stadium to watch your little brothers make it two in a row over the Horns.

Gloat while y'all can...we'll be reloaded in a couple years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football