U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:26 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,412,488 times

Advertisements

Maybe its just me, but Georgia's uniforms for their game against Boise State are utterly ridiculous... They look like a team that played against the Sharks in "Any Given Sunday" or a damn superhero. Very Bush League...

Nike Pro Combat College Football Uniforms for Oregon, Boise State, Georgia | Saturday Down South

I am embarrassed for Georgia and the SEC. I get why Oregon and Boise State would wear ridiculous uni's (although theirs are not that bad). They don't have the tradition that Georgia or any of the SEC schools have so they need the gimmicks. But Georgia fans should be embarrassed.

Richt must be desperate to allow his team to wear that junk...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 11:30 AM

8,341 posts, read 14,093,273 times
I like them.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:19 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,010 times
Georgia Power Rangers.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:32 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,541,888 times
I am a fan of tradition myself and hate the latest craze in changing just to change.

However, I think those uniforms look pretty bad-a$$!

Old 09-01-2011, 06:34 PM

4,112 posts, read 3,820,988 times
Boise State's look fricken' awesome. And they're a better team, so it's a bonus Go Broncos!

Old 09-01-2011, 08:07 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,104 times
Funny how people still claim Oregon needs gimmicks. Oregon's unis are old news. The fact of the matter is Oregon would curb-stomp Georgia and UGA knows it (they already backed out of the home-home with the Ducks). Tradition...sure, ok.

But, I agree. These Georgia unis are lame. I like their traditional ones...well, for traditional ones. My question is...are these UF's Combat unis even real? They take the cake for absurdity. Teenage Mutant Turtles!

FLORIDA GATORS UNIFORMS NEW PICTURES IMAGES! EXCLUSIVE MUST CREDIT ALLIGATOR ARMY! ...okay, these... - Alligator Army

Last edited by Acuda; 09-01-2011 at 08:50 PM..

Old 09-02-2011, 05:38 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,327,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Funny how people still claim Oregon needs gimmicks. Oregon's unis are old news. The fact of the matter is Oregon would curb-stomp Georgia and UGA knows it (they already backed out of the home-home with the Ducks). Tradition...sure, ok.
This article does an excellent job summing up why, for Oregon, the uniforms matter very much.

Michael Kruse on Nike and the success of Oregon football - Grantland

Quote:
There is next to no reason the University of Oregon should have a good football team... How did [they get good]?
At the top of the list of reasons: their uniforms.

Not to Rachel Bachman. "It all starts with the uniforms," said the sports business reporter for the Oregonian.

Not to Paul Swangard. "The uniforms, I think, more than anything else," said the managing director of the university's Warsaw Sports Marketing Center, "are probably the key ingredient."

And not to Tinker Hatfield. "What is a more visible way to turn up the heat and create a personality," the famous Nike designer said, "than through the football uniforms?"3

The football Ducks of Oregon are something new. They didn't get people to watch because they got good. They got good because they got people to watch. They are college sports' undisputed champions of the 21st century's attention economy.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:28 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,412,488 times
Quote:
My question is...are these UF's Combat unis even real? They take the cake for absurdity. Teenage Mutant Turtles!

FLORIDA GATORS UNIFORMS NEW PICTURES IMAGES! EXCLUSIVE MUST CREDIT ALLIGATOR ARMY! ...okay, these... - Alligator Army

Those are hideous... wow! I do not think they are real though. I can't see Florida wearing those. As much as it pains me to say, Florida regular uni's Orange Helmet, Blue Jersey, and White pants are pretty snazzy... High remarks for me on the overall uniform and staying with the schools colors.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:39 AM

7,936 posts, read 13,859,513 times
Give me Notre Dame or Penn State uniforms anyday....I'll take tradition over these stupid Star Trek looking monstrosities.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:01 AM

1,673 posts, read 2,720,993 times
Quote:

But, I agree. These Georgia unis are lame. I like their traditional ones...well, for traditional ones. My question is...are these UF's Combat unis even real? They take the cake for absurdity. Teenage Mutant Turtles!

If Flordia wears that ****, they might as start their own remake of BASEketball!!

Jokes from the left and right and Im sure coming right from their own school too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or